Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Re: Water Cooled Playstation 4

Dec 24, 2013

I love this idea so much, lol it's future proofing the crap out of the ps4, if I knew anything about hardware and stuffs, I'd want to watercool my ps4, if it didn't mess it up or anything.

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 21 of 49 (821 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Dec 25, 2013

To Gord0nDunk:  Lol ya, I got two, one for my room and one for the living room. For me it wasn’t about the money or the space it takes up, but the fun in doing it and any performance increases it may provide. Thanks for the compliments I appreciate it.

Again I understand all the people saying its big and this n that, since obviously most buy a console to play it and have mobility with it, but for me aside from the gaming, I enjoy modifying and tweaking stuff.  The same way a person who buys a sports car will add a supercharger or turbo, rims, etc. modification to the car, it’s not necessary, but is just something one may like to do.

To gR3yGh051: The reason I chose to use the wetbench was to have the additional room to install mounts for the controllers so I can have the controllers sit next to the system to charge when I don’t need them,  as well as any other accessories I may have. I could even store the game disks inside the bench or on the slots. So this way I can just pick up the wetbench and everything is with it.

To Occhi07: It’s the whole system minus the bottom cover. I am still working on the bottom cover to make the correct holes for the mounts to mount onto the bench and also drilling the holes needed for the tubes that go to the processor.

To kknd2002: Wow I love KKND lol still will play it to this day. Thanks for the compliment.

To BBurgSteve: It may be a waste of funds for you and resources, however to me the experience, the fun and the results are well worth it. Even if I get 10 degree temp drop (which I’m sure is more) it’s well worth it for me.  I’m not telling anyone to go do this, I’m just showing people It’s possible. Just like those who water cooled the PS3’s, not everyone does it because of cooling, some do it for fun.

To Doc_007: Thanks, I appreciate it.

To DragonIrons: It’s not just the cooling. Like people mentioned, it’s a hobby for fun as well.

To SWzeroR: lol yea maybe I should go more extreme next time.

To spyder_21: Thanks, ya I was also planning on putting it in my desk/computer case (which I’m sure most here will again think is ridiculous) but I decided to do it on the wetbench for now. I will post a picture of the desk/computer I have for reference.

988290_10201698500603341_241403572_n.jpg

I originally planned to water cool the PS4 in my computer case/desk but ended up doing it on the wetbench. I might change it later. The case is both my desk and case. With it being in my computer case I can use a single display from the same location to run both my computer and the ps4, so I can easily switch between whichever I want to use at the moment. 

To Artfuldead: Thanks, yea water cooling isn’t a simple thing to do, especially with the PS4. The way Sony made it, there is almost no room for any additions. Everything fits perfectly for a perfect air vacuum so it required a lot of modification. 

Message 22 of 49 (810 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Dec 25, 2013

ThePunisher wrote:

I'm more interested in the data than the setup, looking forward to your findings

Will post results as soon as I can

Message 23 of 49 (809 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8502 posts

Dec 25, 2013

PBKyank wrote:

holy crap, is that computer case/table custom made or sold as it is? either way, looks badas.

Message 24 of 49 (780 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 25, 2013

The desk is made by redharbinger you can search them on Facebook or google. Runs about $2,000 but doesn't come assembled or with any of the water cooling or computer parts. Basically just the shell. 

Message 25 of 49 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Dec 25, 2013

PBKyank wrote:

To Gord0nDunk:  Lol ya, I got two, one for my room and one for the living room. For me it wasn’t about the money or the space it takes up, but the fun in doing it and any performance increases it may provide. Thanks for the compliments I appreciate it.

Again I understand all the people saying its big and this n that, since obviously most buy a console to play it and have mobility with it, but for me aside from the gaming, I enjoy modifying and tweaking stuff.  The same way a person who buys a sports car will add a supercharger or turbo, rims, etc. modification to the car, it’s not necessary, but is just something one may like to do.

To gR3yGh051: The reason I chose to use the wetbench was to have the additional room to install mounts for the controllers so I can have the controllers sit next to the system to charge when I don’t need them,  as well as any other accessories I may have. I could even store the game disks inside the bench or on the slots. So this way I can just pick up the wetbench and everything is with it.

To Occhi07: It’s the whole system minus the bottom cover. I am still working on the bottom cover to make the correct holes for the mounts to mount onto the bench and also drilling the holes needed for the tubes that go to the processor.

To kknd2002: Wow I love KKND lol still will play it to this day. Thanks for the compliment.

To BBurgSteve: It may be a waste of funds for you and resources, however to me the experience, the fun and the results are well worth it. Even if I get 10 degree temp drop (which I’m sure is more) it’s well worth it for me.  I’m not telling anyone to go do this, I’m just showing people It’s possible. Just like those who water cooled the PS3’s, not everyone does it because of cooling, some do it for fun.

To Doc_007: Thanks, I appreciate it.

To DragonIrons: It’s not just the cooling. Like people mentioned, it’s a hobby for fun as well.

To SWzeroR: lol yea maybe I should go more extreme next time.

To spyder_21: Thanks, ya I was also planning on putting it in my desk/computer case (which I’m sure most here will again think is ridiculous) but I decided to do it on the wetbench for now. I will post a picture of the desk/computer I have for reference.

I originally planned to water cool the PS4 in my computer case/desk but ended up doing it on the wetbench. I might change it later. The case is both my desk and case. With it being in my computer case I can use a single display from the same location to run both my computer and the ps4, so I can easily switch between whichever I want to use at the moment. 

To Artfuldead: Thanks, yea water cooling isn’t a simple thing to do, especially with the PS4. The way Sony made it, there is almost no room for any additions. Everything fits perfectly for a perfect air vacuum so it required a lot of modification. 

Originally came here to make fun of you for watercooling a PS4....

Left knowing you are a god among men. This is amazing, might be an outline to my next PC setup.

Message 26 of 49 (775 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 25, 2013

Lol gee thanks. Yea its so versatile and the possibilities are endless with this desk. Best 2grand ive spent. 

Message 27 of 49 (770 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2696 posts

Dec 25, 2013

good god.... that computer desk thing..... drools Smiley Surprised

Message 28 of 49 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Dec 25, 2013
Great project. I hope you took the time to rig in an offensively large hdd too.
Message 29 of 49 (754 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 25, 2013

Thanks, I put a 500gb ssd in it lol

Message 30 of 49 (749 Views)
0 Likes