Nov 18 2013
By: TinyDawg41 First Son 19 posts
Accepted Solution

Watching Blu Ray on PS4

4 replies 260 views Edited Nov 18, 2013

So, I have my brand new PS4 in all its glory, very happy with it. But, alas, I have to find SOMETHING to gripe about. LOL..specifically when it comes to watching blu ray movies. So, I was watching Dexter last night, and I noticed that the DS4 doesn't turn off after a set amount of time while watching movies. I also noticed that on a full charge and after watching about 2 hours worth of episodes, I noticed my DS4 was almost dead. The blue light on the controller really does suck up a lot of battery, especially when watching movies. I tried looking for a setting to auto turn off the controller, but didn't find any. Anyone else notice this?

Message 1 of 5 (260 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6030 posts

Re: Watching Blu Ray on PS4

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

I believe there is a setting for that... Go into settings, then to power saver management or some sort near the bottom (I'm at work so vagueness may apply here). The controller auto off should appear.

Message 2 of 5 (253 Views)
Fender Bender
3683 posts

Nov 18, 2013

Hopefully we will get the PS4 remote soon.

Message 3 of 5 (250 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Nov 18, 2013

AHH!! Thank u so much for that!! I would have thought this function would have been enabled as default, but I guess not! Still, glad its there. I like how u can set it for different time intervals as well. Got it set for 10 mins. Again, THANKS A MILLION!!

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5 (222 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
6030 posts

Nov 18, 2013

TinyDawg41 wrote:

AHH!! Thank u so much for that!! I would have thought this function would have been enabled as default, but I guess not! Still, glad its there. I like how u can set it for different time intervals as well. Got it set for 10 mins. Again, THANKS A MILLION!!

Smiley Happy

No problem, we're here to help the best we can Smiley Wink! If you have any other questions we'll try to help but some of us are at work... and stalk the forum lol.

Message 5 of 5 (196 Views)
0 Likes