Apr 08 2014
By: Mercenary09 Treasure Hunter 4463 posts

Watch Dogs getting a Season Pass

8 replies 251 views Edited Apr 8, 2014

I haven't seen this anywhere else but today while browsing on gamestop.com I came across a Season Pass for Watch Dogs. It will be $20 and will add a new single player campaign featuring a new playable character, new weapons, missions and exclusive content. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Are you getting it?

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/dlc/watch-dogs-season-pass/114391

Message 1 of 9 (251 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13578 posts

Re: Watch Dogs getting a Season Pass

Apr 8, 2014

There is no point in getting a Season Pass before the DLC comes out and people start playing it.

Otherwise it's impossible to tell whether it's actually worth the money (That's my opinion at least)

So I'll wait until other people try out the content and determine if its worth it then.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 9 (248 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9848 posts

Apr 8, 2014

I might get it when it gets added to the PS store, but I am unsure at the moment, I do like single player DLC, that way it can expand the game and story, as well as new content, but it's hard to tell what it's worth, but if I think it's worth it, for what's included in the season pass, I will buy it.

Message 3 of 9 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20192 posts

Apr 8, 2014

A Season Pass for 1 item. I'll...

Spoiler
Pass

Message 4 of 9 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Apr 8, 2014

I agree with the guy above.... First lets wait for the game to come out and then we can check it out... right now a seasson pass might be worthless...  the game is not even out yet...

Thats what i think at least.. but if the game is good and the seasson pass is worth it, i might be getting it

Message 5 of 9 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Apr 8, 2014
The micro transaction season pass marketing strategy is Ubisoft's 1 vice , and it is ruining the quality of there games . They are holding back content just so they have something to sell . In my opinion this game will not be that great , it reminds me of grand theft auto games the only difference is you have a phone that can hack everything in the game. I find the lack of creativity among developers disturbing .
[URL="http://psnprofiles.com/cb765"][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png[/IMG][/URL]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png
Message 6 of 9 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Don't care about a Season Pass.

They should honestly stop doing them. That goes for all companies.

Doing a Season Pass is telling me that before the game was released they intended to screw the customer on content on disc.

Message 7 of 9 (203 Views)
MVP Support
9848 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

Doing a Season Pass is telling me that before the game was released they intended to screw the customer on content on disc.

I don`t like disc locked content either, but a season pass does not mean, disc locked, just that they have DLC planned, often they will have a seperate budget, I don`t know what the case for this game is, but I have bought season pass` before where the DLC was released 6 months to a year after the games release.

Message 8 of 9 (191 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Apr 8, 2014

chaos_789 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I don`t like disc locked content either, but a season pass does not mean, disc locked, just that they have DLC planned, often they will have a seperate budget, I don`t know what the case for this game is, but I have bought season pass` before where the DLC was released 6 months to a year after the games release.

Oh it's not all about the disc either.

They are discussing Season Pass now. Which means they had a meeting a while back to work out this Season Pass.

Which also means the content could have been on the disc if they really wanted it to be.

So they are intentionally holding content to sell rather than sell you the full game.

If it's like a year after it's been out and the content is clearly not on the disc there isn't much I can say about it, They could have come up with the ideas after it came out.

But in this case and plenty of cases. I don't know whats worse. Disc based content locked or intentionally holding back content to sell.

Message 9 of 9 (172 Views)