Apr 05 2012
By: KingMinish First Son 1 posts

Wasn't this 1.66 update supposed to fix this? What the heck is going on?

11 replies 35 views Edited Apr 5, 2012

I've gone as far as I can on my own here. I've updated my vita, checked everywhere on the web, I've searched and searched. Agh. Now, as I've come to understand, the 1.66 firmware update for the Vita was supposed to fix an issue with PS Plus minis, wherein an error was preventing them from being played. With that knowledge I enthusiastically redownloaded 42 minis off of the playstation store, every single mini ever offered for free through playstation plus (I joined the same month the service was released). From there I connected my Vita to my ps3 and started up the content manager application on my vita. After navigating through various menus I found that there were no minis available to copy over to my Vita. None. And yet, I have 42 freshly downloaded, uninstalled minis all present on my ps3. What the hell is going on here? I can link to a dozen websites that say that the PS Plus minis were fixed by the 1.66 update, but I see no change. Please, can somebody help me?

Message 1 of 12 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Re: Wasn't this 1.66 update supposed to fix this? What the heck is going on?

Apr 5, 2012

I thought it just fixed Ad Hoc with the PSP games.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 2 of 12 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Apr 5, 2012

In my experience there are very few minis available on the Vita. I've been a Plus member from the beginning, so I have a stack of minis too. Instead of using the PS3, I bring up the PS Store on the Vita and then use that (...) in the lower right to bring up the "downloads" dialog. In that, some minis say download and many don't. I think the spaceship lander game (I don't recall the correct name), the panda game and maybe two more are available. I'm also frustrated that the minis and PS1 games which should easily be within the CPU, memory and display capabilities of the Vita are not yet available. An easier way to deal with my ever-lengthening download list would be nice too .

I'm hoping that Sony will eventually make all minis and PS1 games available for Vita as they are on the PSP, but I'm not sure that they have promised that (here's hoping I'm wrong!) .

Message 3 of 12 (35 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Apr 5, 2012

KingMinish wrote:

I've gone as far as I can on my own here. I've updated my vita, checked everywhere on the web, I've searched and searched. Agh. Now, as I've come to understand, the 1.66 firmware update for the Vita was supposed to fix an issue with PS Plus minis, wherein an error was preventing them from being played. With that knowledge I enthusiastically redownloaded 42 minis off of the playstation store, every single mini ever offered for free through playstation plus (I joined the same month the service was released). From there I connected my Vita to my ps3 and started up the content manager application on my vita. After navigating through various menus I found that there were no minis available to copy over to my Vita. None. And yet, I have 42 freshly downloaded, uninstalled minis all present on my ps3. What the hell is going on here? I can link to a dozen websites that say that the PS Plus minis were fixed by the 1.66 update, but I see no change. Please, can somebody help me?

I can link to a dozen websites that say every Vita comes with a free unicorn and a clone of the wizard gandalf the white. Doesnt make it true.

How about looking at the Firmware contents on Sony's Official PS Blog instead of trusting some random blog that posts rumors as if they are factual news.

Message 4 of 12 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Apr 5, 2012

1.66 = patching the HBL crap, they're more worried about patching exploits then adding features that should have been available at launch

1.66 brings VERY few fixes, and doesnt really fix anything at all. (you probly wont even notice what it changed) i sure dont notice anything different...

my vita has turned into a portable Final Fantasy handheld system.. i dont play anything cept the FF series on my vita.. lol

Message 5 of 12 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Apr 5, 2012

Wassco wrote:

1.66 = patching the HBL crap, they're more worried about patching exploits then adding features that should have been available at launch

1.66 brings VERY few fixes, and doesnt really fix anything at all. (you probly wont even notice what it changed) i sure dont notice anything different...

my vita has turned into a portable Final Fantasy handheld system.. i dont play anything cept the FF series on my vita.. lol

yes lets keep the exploits out there so hackers can ruin the vita as they did the psp........ instead lets worry about minis and give people that.. give me a break.. no one said this was the only update this month, and if it is.. so?

If they rushed everything out the door (as it seems they did already) we would get even more complaining like we do now.. People are so quick to throw sony under the bus after the Vita has been out for a month in the US and 2 months in Japan, but everyone quickly forgets the 6 month long shitty journey 3ds took before anything was out for it.

Photobucket

Message 6 of 12 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Apr 10, 2012

I've been pretty frustrated with this problem too, and after update 1.66 I saw all of the people online saying that their PS+ minis issues were fixed and all of the websites reporting it too. The best I can figure is that all of those people and websites were talking about Europe. One of the problems seems to be that none of the free PS+ minis are on the Vita Store anymore, I think they pulled them all when they realized there was a problem, so we can't even see if 1.66 fixed the error issue that people in Europe were getting when they tried to launch their free minis, b/c we can't get the content manager to recognize them or download them from the Vita. All I really want to know is that Sony is aware of the PS+ problem with minis and is working on it. I will feel 100 times better if they would just admit that there is an issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Message 7 of 12 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Apr 10, 2012

I do not care about minis,I never had an interest in them. I would rather have a bigger list of full fledge psp titles, and or playstation suite. Sure it would be nice for sony to fix the problem, but there are other things that are more important.

Message 8 of 12 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 10, 2012

What I'm more concerned is about not being able to play certain PSP/Go games! That is an important matter, but I guess it has to wait its turn.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 9 of 12 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

May 16, 2012

looks like it's just a matter of adding the games back to the store now. They added back Age of Zombies and Me Monstar Hear Me Roar and they both work as a free PS+ Mini.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Message 10 of 12 (35 Views)
0 Likes