Highlighted
May 02 2013
By: glaciusx25 MVP Support 13736 posts

Was playing Soul Sacrifice and noticed

9 replies 321 views Edited May 2, 2013

That there are already people at level 100. Like, seriously? How long did they play?

I played at least 5 hours both yesterday and the day before, and I'm only level 42. They must have a lot of free time...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 10 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Re: Was playing Soul Sacrifice and noticed

May 2, 2013
I got my levels from the Demo
Message 2 of 10 (313 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13736 posts

May 2, 2013

Lusent wrote:
I got my levels from the Demo

Well sure, you get a headstart. But you only could reach level 20 on the demo.

Every level takes longer than the last. And already, at level 35 Light, it's taking a bunch of saves to get anywhere.

Message 3 of 10 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

You could grab Allies and spam the easier set of bosses. Play on breaks and while riding the bus home. Just fill in all the downtime you normally have with the game... But really don't listen to what I say, get fresh air and time off from playing.

Just because other choose to play all night does not make it worth the 100 levels.

Message 4 of 10 (302 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13736 posts

May 2, 2013

Lusent wrote:
You could grab Allies and spam the easier set of bosses. Play on breaks and wile ridding the bus home. Just fill in all the downtime you normally have with the game... But really don't listen to what I say, get fresh air and time off from playing.

Just because other choose to play all night does not make it worth the 100 levels.

Oh trust me, I'm in no rush. I"ve just been coasting along as I always do with games.

I'm just surprised people had the time to just go grind it out so much.

Message 5 of 10 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

May 2, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

That there are already people at level 100. Like, seriously? How long did they play?

I played at least 5 hours both yesterday and the day before, and I'm only level 42. They must have a lot of free time...

I used to play EQ2, some people are so addicted to games of that nature that they'll take days off work to grind their **bleep** to the level cap. Granted in MMOs it serves a point as you get to raid sooner that way and there's competition to be the #1 guild. Still, it's not surprising people are already at the cap so soon~.

Message 6 of 10 (289 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

May 2, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Welcome to the world of online RPG gaming. This type of behavior has been going on in the PC world since the dawn of MMOs and other online RPGs (eg. Diablo) - people just race to be max level the first, ignoring every story element or even enjoying it...simply grinding for levels in the most efficient way possible. A lot of times it'll be in groups/guilds, helping each other out. Some people will then go back and play from scratch "for real", actually taking in the story and enjoying the experience, but some don't and then complain that the game offers them nothing. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Message 7 of 10 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Welcome to the world of online RPG gaming. This type of behavior has been going on in the PC world since the dawn of MMOs and other online RPGs (eg. Diablo) - people just race to be max level the first, ignoring every story element or even enjoying it...simply grinding for levels in the most efficient way possible. A lot of times it'll be in groups/guilds, helping each other out. Some people will then go back and play from scratch "for real", actually taking in the story and enjoying the experience, but some don't and then complain that the game offers them nothing. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Yeah, people are funny. Like this guys post. The thread says to describe Diablo 3 in one word and he says, "Unrewarding."

Now I've played about 200 hours personally. My profile.

He's got about 8 times as many Elite kills. His profile.

So way more then 200 hours, and it says he played today. Yet he says, "Unrewarding." lol.

Message 8 of 10 (249 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

May 2, 2013

5 hours to reach lvl 42 and the cap is 100? What the heck?!

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 9 of 10 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

May 2, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

5 hours to reach lvl 42 and the cap is 100? What the heck?!

Yeah, I was wondering if he meant 5 hours each day for a total of 10 hours or just 5 hours total.

Message 10 of 10 (238 Views)
0 Likes