Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 16 2011
By: Sushi_Pirate Fender Bender 4029 posts

Warrior's Lair

41 replies 1875 views Edited Dec 16, 2011

Hey everyone!

I was fortuate enough to get a chance to try out Warrior's Lair at Gamescom (then called Ruin) which will be coming to the PlayStation Vita, and is a title that I'm personally very excited about and looking forward to!  In addition to being a fun game it's obvious that the development team is just as excited about the title as we are and have kindly sent over some information about Warrior's Lair.

So without further ado, I'll stop typing and let Chris Floyd from Idol Minds, their Lead Game Designer take over from here!

=============================================================================================================================

Warrior_Jhadite_1920.jpg

Why is Warrior’s Lair a title you want to play on your VITA? It comes down to three things:

• PS3-to-VITA hot-swap
  • Connectivity
  • The mobile experience

Warrior’s Lair is a game built for both the VITA and the PS3.  It’s not a port of a PS3 game to the VITA and it’s not a port of the VITA to the PS3.  It is the same game on both platforms—a single experience you can soak up on your big screen TV or take with you on the go. Buy Warrior’s Lair and you own it on both platforms.  The character you create and advance on PS3 is there on your VITA ready to continue his adventure any time through the magic of cloud-saving.  Even in the middle of a dungeon, hip deep in goblin hordes, you don’t have to be stuck on your couch.  Save the game, boot up Warrior’s Lair on your VITA, and load right back into the killing and looting.

Assassin_Severni_pose1.jpg

Warrior’s Lair is also a connected game, designed from the outset to be competitive and intensely social. While you’re online, the in-game message service will let you monitor the achievements of your friends, brag about your latest accomplishments, and stick it to your rivals by attacking the lairs they have built and upgraded.   And if you have a 3G VITA, you can do all these things no matter where you are.

Finally, Warrior’s Lair is designed with the mobile experience in mind.  Now, the VITA is not like any other mobile device.  The processing power, the beautiful screen, the dual analog sticks, the touchscreens—Warrior’s Lair will employ all these in making a deep, visually striking dungeon crawl.  Warrior’s Lair was also built for the sort of play that any mobile platform excels at.  The dungeons are designed to give you short bursts of intense, impactful combat gameplay. There are no long quests that take multiple sessions to complete; the loot and rewards bring you significant progress for little chunks of time.  And you will benefit in the competitive game if you have your VITA close at hand to respond to raids on your lair with a raid of your own.

MageSeverni_Pose1_black.jpg

Many things have inspired the development of Warrior’s Lair, including the great dungeon crawling games of the past.  But the VITA hardware has been just as big of an inspiration to us at Idol Minds, driving us to add new innovations like action gameplay and social interaction to the classic genre.  We are proud to bring great hack-n-slash gameplay to this fantastic platform.

Christopher Floyd

Idol Minds Lead Game Designer

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 42 (1,875 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Re: Warrior's Lair

Dec 17, 2011

I am really looking forward to this game. Are you going to have to buy a copy for both the PS3 and Vita or will they come together as a package?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 42 (1,875 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Dec 17, 2011

lifeburn wrote:

I am really looking forward to this game. Are you going to have to buy a copy for both the PS3 and Vita or will they come together as a package?

From that first paragraph it sounds like you buy one copy for both systems. Kind of like Motorstorm: RC is handling it.

On a side note, I can't wait to play this game. That E3 presentation got me pretty excited about the cross-play features the PS3 and Vita can do. I'm glad so many games are taking advantage of it. Hopefully this one comes out pretty close to launch.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 42 (1,875 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Dec 18, 2011

Looking forward to this one, the new name sounds pretty cool too.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 42 (1,875 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Dec 19, 2011

I've seen some videos for this and it does look good. I'm not too sure on the name though. Ruin sounds like a good name whereas Warriors Lair just sounds generic to me. Still, the game should be good which is what counts

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 42 (1,875 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Dec 19, 2011

bidbaldwolf86 wrote:

I've seen some videos for this and it does look good. I'm not too sure on the name though. Ruin sounds like a good name whereas Warriors Lair just sounds generic to me. Still, the game should be good which is what counts

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have to admit, I'm not overly fond of the name change either. I really liked the name Ruin but this new one will probably grow on me after a while.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 42 (1,875 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2249 posts

Jan 11, 2012

Really excited about this game, ever since it was shown at E3. I just really, really hope they finish it and squeeze it out like, around the middle/end of summer? It would be perfect, not smothered by the huge fall/winter game release schedule and it's the perfect game to pick up and play whenever, wherever.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 42 (1,875 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 11, 2012

I got a chance to speak to Travis Williams who is the game's senior producer whilst I was in Germany for Gamescom. I bumped into him in the bar of the hotel I was staying at. I had a really good discussion with him about his game, the Vita and gaming in general. Funnily enough I didn't recognise him at first even though he was on stage during Sony's E3 press conference last year demonstrating the game. I'm really looking forward to the game as its one of my favourite genres.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 42 (1,875 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 11, 2012

I really liked the name Ruin better, but i guess it could have been confusing since another company is releasing a game with a similar name in April.

Do we have any idea on the release date?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 42 (1,875 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 11, 2012

Not even a hint of a release date yet as far as I'm aware. At a guess I would say April or May.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 42 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes