Oct 01 2012
By: Drewwdell First Son 8 posts

Warranty question

8 replies 90 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

Sorry if this was posted before but i tried to look for this. 

My warranty runs out on October 6th and i was told i can't buy a playstation network card and buy a new warranty in time because it takes too long to verify the payment. The old warranty would be finished by the time it cleared.  I have to charge it to my credit card for 15 dollars more then i would've payed thanks to being a plus member. 

This makes no sense to me. I've bought games, add on content, movies and never had to wait for anything to clear. 

Why just for the warranty? 

Message 1 of 9 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Re: Warranty question

Oct 1, 2012

Drewwdell wrote:

My warranty runs out on October 6th and i was told i can't buy a playstation network card and buy a new warranty in time because it takes too long to blah blah blah blah....

Sorry but I only understood up to where I put blah blah Blah. Can you please re state your problem?

Message 2 of 9 (88 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28807 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Drewwdell wrote:

My warranty runs out on October 6th and i was told i can't buy a playstation network card and buy a new warranty in time because it takes too long to verify the payment. The old warranty would be finished by the time it cleared.  I have to charge it to my credit card for 15 dollars more then i would've payed thanks to being a plus member. 

This makes no sense to me. I've bought games, add on content, movies and never had to wait for anything to clear. 

Why just for the warranty? 

Who were you told by? 

Message 3 of 9 (84 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Here's my problem i want to buy the 2 year warranty for 44.99 on the ps3 store. 

I'm being told i can't because by the time the payment for the warranty is cleared my old warranty would have run out. 

So i'm basically forced to buy it for 59.99 on my credit card. 

JUst doesn't make sense to me why i can't buy a ps3 50 buck card today and just purchase the extended warranty.

Message 4 of 9 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I was told by a ps3 customer service guy who didn't want to hang up. 

Message 5 of 9 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Drewwdell wrote:

Here's my problem i want to buy the 2 year warranty for 44.99 on the ps3 store. 

I'm being told i can't because by the time the payment for the warranty is cleared my old warranty would have run out. 

So i'm basically forced to buy it for 59.99 on my credit card. 

JUst doesn't make sense to me why i can't buy a ps3 50 buck card today and just purchase the extended warranty.

Oh okay that makes more sense.

Well, I would complain to Sony. if nothing happens, Just buy it. Sorry, but that's all I got for you.

Message 6 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28807 posts

Oct 1, 2012

It's probably so that if you have to cancel then they can refund your purchase via your credit card/debit card. I don't think the protection plan is offered through the store itself. 

Message 7 of 9 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 1, 2012

It is actually and plus members get it for $44.99. I called again and spoke to a man who triple checked on it and he told me to go ahead and buy it because as long as i purchased it while under warranty it's ok. 

If only the first 3 guys had actually taken the time to look into like this last guy did. 

Anyways this is my first post here and i want to ty all for answering so fast. Looks like a great community and i'm happy to now be a part of it. 

Message 8 of 9 (55 Views)
MVP Support
39410 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I see absolutely no reason at all why you shouldn't be able to purchase the extended warranty, you're still under the original manufacturers warranty & as for their being no time for the payment to go through, that's madness.

If you haven't already, go ahead, i think you'll be perfectly fine.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 9 of 9 (41 Views)
0 Likes