Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Re: Warhawk PS4 sequel??

Apr 21, 2013
If there is a sequel it won't do much better if they don't market it this time. A launch title would work out pretty well, get it to people before the console is flooded with games. Most people I know haven't even heard of War/Starhawk.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 11 of 21 (106 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29418 posts

Apr 21, 2013

EzraMajor wrote:
If there is a sequel it won't do much better if they don't market it this time. A launch title would work out pretty well, get it to people before the console is flooded with games. Most people I know haven't even heard of War/Starhawk.

I always hear the gamer cognoscenti talk about "marketing", however their ideas are always out dated and not very good. They always say "Sony doesn't advertise", but when they do they never see it, because it's on things like the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, Comedy Central, South Park, Tosh.0, The Daily Show, and Colbert. "Gamers" don't fall into the beer drinking, sports watching, South Park viewing male 18-39 year old demographics that Sony advertises towards. Which is why whenever I say that the commercials air on the NFL, they say "I've never seen it because I don't watch football, they need to advertise on bus stops".

Message 12 of 21 (102 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Apr 21, 2013

I always hear the gamer cognoscenti talk about "marketing", however their ideas are always out dated and not very good. They always say "Sony doesn't advertise", but when they do they never see it, because it's on things like the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, Comedy Central, South Park, Tosh.0, The Daily Show, and Colbert. "Gamers" don't fall into the beer drinking, sports watching, South Park viewing male 18-39 year old demographics that Sony advertises towards. Which is why whenever I say that the commercials air on the NFL, they say "I've never seen it because I don't watch football, they need to advertise on bus stops".

Very true adverts for Playstation games are very few. You forgot to mention the SyFy channel if I saw any game ads at all it was on that channel and it was still far and few between. For every 1 ad for Playstation I seen about 4 for the box.

Message 13 of 21 (97 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29418 posts

Apr 21, 2013

WrekGar wrote:

Very true adverts for Playstation games are very few. You forgot to mention the SyFy channel if I saw any game ads at all it was on that channel and it was still far and few between. For every 1 ad for Playstation I seen about 4 for the box.

It's also not football season. Regular season NFL games average about 15 MILLION viewers. Sunday and Monday Night games pull in more, depending on the match up. When you advertise you have to get the most for your dollars, and that means getting the biggest audience. Advertising once a week on Monday Football is most likely a better investment than advertising on reruns of Law and Order.

Message 14 of 21 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 21, 2013

That's true WrekGar, though Starhawk wasn't really advertised. I remember the old Warhawk pull out ads in magazines or an occasional TV spot but Starhawk wasn't advertised. Ask an NFL about Assassin's Creed or COD and they'll know exactly what you're talking about, ask em about Starhawk and you'll get a funny look. The day I bought Starhawk the fellas at GameStop hadn't even heard of it.

photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 15 of 21 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56249 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

Honestly, I absolutely LOVED the first Warhawk game when it first came out on the ps3.  Does Anyone actually think that we will get a true sequal?!?!  Starhawk was a big let down for at least me do to the fact that it just didn't feel like Warhawk at all, in fact i skipped buying it after playing the beta.  It would be so aweome if they made a true sequell with more bigger maps with better vehicles. I liked the graphics of the original as well.

They should definately bring a hawk game to the PS4.   Just take the good parts of Warhawk and the Build and battle from SH and make a cool new game!

I'm a big Warhawk and Starhawk fan, love both games.  

Message 16 of 21 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Apr 22, 2013
I assume, most of the playstation crowd is older gamers. At least thats what they seem to target. I like this, Xbox ssems to target their younger crowd. Alot of the advertisement is done through word of the mouth.
PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 17 of 21 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Warhawk and the Build and battle from SH and make a cool new game!

I hated the build and battle system, That's why I didn't buy starhawk I would much rather have destructable environments

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 18 of 21 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56249 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

Warhawk and the Build and battle from SH and make a cool new game!

I hated the build and battle system, That's why I didn't buy starhawk I would much rather have destructable environments

It is one of my favorite parts of the game, the RTS aspect being brought into a shooter.    Plus I like dropping walls on my buddies heads Smiley Tongue.  

I liked warhawk too but whenever I play now and I get stuck in a base rape I think "Darn it If i had a hawk pad I could drop one down and fly off, too bad the enemy stole those 2 hawks from our homebase and are pounding us with them"    Smiley Tongue

The 2 games are similar in they have a hawk, then they are different almost everywhere else but I like both.

Message 19 of 21 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Feb 27, 2014

I would love a TRUE WarHawk sequel. StarHawk tried too many new things and unfortunately, the WarHakw community didn't bite. If a free2play sequel were to come out, judging by my level of addiction WarHawk had on me, so many of my moneys would go to into that game.

Message 20 of 21 (36 Views)
0 Likes