Apr 20 2013
By: Deadly_Rabbit123 Uncharted Territory 1873 posts

Warhawk PS4 sequel??

20 replies 341 views Edited Apr 20, 2013

Honestly, I absolutely LOVED the first Warhawk game when it first came out on the ps3.  Does Anyone actually think that we will get a true sequal?!?!  Starhawk was a big let down for at least me do to the fact that it just didn't feel like Warhawk at all, in fact i skipped buying it after playing the beta.  It would be so aweome if they made a true sequell with more bigger maps with better vehicles. I liked the graphics of the original as well.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 1 of 21 (341 Views)
VP of Gaming
28992 posts

Re: Warhawk PS4 sequel??

Apr 20, 2013

It's too early to say for sure. We've haven't seen very many prospective games thus far, so it's anyone's guess. In my opinion, I would think that Sony would want a first party game like that carry on into the PS4 era.

Message 2 of 21 (337 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1607 posts

Apr 20, 2013
How about some new things, too many people want the same things to continue. I get it I like them to, but its time to step it up with new line ups, or even gams from PS1 that never made it to ps2 or 3.
Message 3 of 21 (325 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28992 posts

Apr 20, 2013

It's not that easy as saying "they should make new games". Budgets have balloned into the tens of millions of dollars, so developers and publishers are going to be more willing to go with a proven property, rather than pour all that money into a new and unproven game, and run the risk of having it tank. 

If more people took chances and actually bought new games, then the industry would respond and take more chances and make new games. If you want to see more new games, then don't line up at GameStop to buy the new Call of Duty or Battlefield game, and take a chance and vote with your wallet.

Message 4 of 21 (324 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
278 posts

Apr 20, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

It's not that easy as saying "they should make new games". Budgets have balloned into the tens of millions of dollars, so developers and publishers are going to be more willing to go with a proven property, rather than pour all that money into a new and unproven game, and run the risk of having it tank. 

If more people took chances and actually bought new games, then the industry would respond and take more chances and make new games. If you want to see more new games, then don't line up at GameStop to buy the new Call of Duty or Battlefield game, and take a chance and vote with your wallet.

I definitely agree with what you said. It's a double edge sword we don't buy their games so they don't make new 1's. I personally like both Warhawk and Starhawk as I got the platinum trophy for the latter shows.

Message 5 of 21 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Apr 20, 2013
God, I hope so..
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 6 of 21 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Im not sure after starhawks being a let down, that they will make another game in the series. 

And warhawk cant really have a sequel...unless they make one from the Ps1 version, and even then, a reboot with a campaign would come first.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 7 of 21 (297 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28992 posts

Apr 21, 2013

I can see someone doing another game like Warhawk, even if it's not the same name.

Message 8 of 21 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 21, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

I can see someone doing another game like Warhawk, even if it's not the same name.

true, they are really fun. I mean, I enjoyed starhawk...it just wasnt warhawk, and they kepy nerfing everything.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 9 of 21 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

true, they are really fun. I mean, I enjoyed starhawk...it just wasnt warhawk, and they kepy nerfing everything.

They only kept nerfing "everything" because everyone kept abusing "everything".

I would honestly be down for a Warhawk II on PS4, but given Incognito's break up, and Eat,Sleep,Play AND Lightbox Interactive on iOS and a shell of their former selves with only a few employees left (alot were laid off), I don't see it happening.

Unless, Santa Monica's surprise new ip turns out to be a warhawk esque game, given they helped out a bit with starhawk's development. 

Message 10 of 21 (285 Views)