Highlighted
Dec 31 2011
By: cheekydevil016 First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Wants a new PS3, which model has the least amount of problems?

7 replies 323 views Edited Dec 31, 2011

I have had my PS3 120GB Slim for two years now, constant freezing and finally death by over heating. Money is not much of an object as my birthday is soon and I can save in the mean time and afterwards, I just want a model that wont cause me stress. What model should I go for if I am looking for one with the least amount of problems that can still run up to date games?

Message 1 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Wants a new PS3, which model has the least amount of problems?

Dec 31, 2011

There's only one Slim and the only difference between the two that are on shelves is hard drive capacity and whether or not its bundled with games or Move.

If your Slim gave you issues, you might want to consider WHY it overheated. Which freezing is a common symptom of.

Even if the Slim runs slightly cooler and uses less power, that doesnt mean that you can put it in any cramped cuby that has almost no air circulation and expect it to not overheat.

The best way to not let ANY console overheat, is to leave it in an open area during play, and then put it away when you're done.

I leave my PS3 Fat behind my HDTV and it has PLENTY of airflow. Wish I had a picture of how it sits, but rest assured, its never given me issues for the last 4 months i've had it this way

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Dec 31, 2011
Message 3 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 31, 2011

To be fair I bought it second hand as I am a cheap, teenage idiot. Not mention I was thirteen at the time, although the PS3 did have a lot of space to 'breath' as it were. 

Message 4 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Was definitely considering, but I'd like to gather facts first. Don't want to waste my money now do I?

Message 5 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Dec 31, 2011

You should be fine with any of the current models on the shelves. If anything comes up in the first year of ownership, then use the warranty. You can also get the extended warranty if you want the peace of mind.

Message 6 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Lol, yeah I just have really bad luck of things breaking on me or it being faulty.  I sort of use things excessively, so yeah I'll do that and get extended warranty but to be honest I think I just scared myself by reading other people's PS3 problems.

Message 7 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Dec 31, 2011

the ps3 slim will do just fine they are really nice hope this helps

Message 8 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Likes