Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8733 posts

Re: Wanting Better games!

Apr 24, 2014

evillec wrote:

Seriously I can believe people settle for anything, I created a topic saying that we deserve better free games because each everyday  we spend more and more money with games and subscriptions, and people actually went down on me saying that I can't complain because It's free, this is so stu**d, we always have to want something better, we always have to push them into giving us better things, It's the only way they are going to improve.

Mod Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

I would never compalin in that situation, unless they bit me or something.

Plus isnt free, but take them or leave them the games do not cost any extra on top of the service, which for PS4 is mostly for online play, especially at this point in the game.

So it could be said they are "free-ish"   

Look the PS3 games in Plus are awesome, that goes to show what the service can be like for a mature console with tons of quality content.  

Fact is the PS4 does not have tons of quality content, and the little there is wont be given away for "free-ish" any time soon.

If the cost of plus is more then you care to pay for online play then drop the subscription and lose that access.

Its a great time to be a PS3 owner with Plus, all the while I am downloading the PS4 games for the future when i do have a PS4.

I havent bought one yet as the games do not exist yet aside from 2-3 that I would even play.

I think this is the proper way to do it, but fear not, E3 is just a around the corner.

To drum up hype and some good PR I expect the PS4 will get its first big plus title just before or announced at E3.

Probably Drive Club, but maybe something else.

essentially for now the PS4 is like a trophy, you have your little title of being a early adopter, that is the reward for now.

In a yr or so the point to owning a PS4 will hopefully be epic experiences not available anywhere else, until then may I suggest buying a PS3 and enjoying this golden age of fantastic games?

I also thank you, it was har to resist buying the PS4, but I knew I would be dissapointed as is with no features and few decent games, and posts like yours reaffirm my decision and make me feel better about it!

Cheers!

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 11 of 20 (191 Views)
MVP Support
12332 posts

Apr 24, 2014
A post by Philly I can agree on.

If you don't like what Plus has to offer, you stop subscribing. If you got it because you have a ps4, you shouldn't have bought one so early. Buying a console within the first year of release guarantees there will be slow periods where there seems to be "no content" (in reality there's plenty, it's just not all of it appeals to you)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 20 (147 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Apr 24, 2014

evillec wrote:

stu**d

There is no way you're older than maybe 10.

Message 13 of 20 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Apr 24, 2014

It sounds that way

SergeantVincent wrote:

evillec wrote:

stu**d

There is no way you're older than maybe 10.

Message 14 of 20 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
600 posts

Apr 24, 2014
You gotta keep in mind that a developer has to agree to having their games being made apart of Plus, whether it's a discount or being made free. They can't just put Watch Dogs or Daylight for free at their own leisure.

That's probably why you see more indie games being made free lately, to help get downloads and more exposure for the game.
Message 15 of 20 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1897 posts

Apr 25, 2014

BBurgSteve wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:
I'm not complaining, I'm just wanting a new game that I can sink hours into without replaying it.

My most recent purchase was King Oddball, and I was shocked when I hopped on the statistics tile...  I have already sunk 11 hours into the PS4 version of the game (I'm about 30% through Moustache World and about 40% through the diamond levels for the last two trophies).  It is amazing how sometimes a 'small, indie' title can be such a time sink.

As for PS+ games, I have a massive backlog of games that I haven't even touched, yet.

Of course, on the other hand, wanting you to replay a particular game over and over is one of the goals developers are after.  Replayability is one of the big factors on many reviewers' scorecards.

I'm not going to argue that you can't sink hours into an indie (I've done it myself).  I'm talking about 100s of hours. My actual emerald version (from like 2003 or 2004) I had 400hr+ on my 5th restart.  That game I could play forever.  Skyrim. Persona 4, Games like those.  Ones that make me want to play it every possible way, try everything, takes a while to beat, not too easy, not too hard.  Those kinds of games.

Message 16 of 20 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13525 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2014

evillec wrote:

Seriously I can believe people settle for anything, I created a topic saying that we deserve better free games because each everyday  we spend more and more money with games and subscriptions, and people actually went down on me saying that I can't complain because It's free, this is so stu**d, we always have to want something better, we always have to push them into giving us better things, It's the only way they are going to improve.

Mod Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

It's not free. It's a subscription.

If they are going to get indie titles they need to aim a little higher. There seem to be two strains of indie developers in separate barriers. Microsoft and Ouya have the good indies on board while Sony and Nintendo (This is the first and only time I'll say anything bad about Nintendo) seem to have a lack of knowledge for the good indies for the most part and will sanction any crap.

Lets face it, not only should Don't Starve have not been on any console. It shouldn't have even been a video game. It should not exist.

Message 17 of 20 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1897 posts

Apr 25, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

evillec wrote:

It's not free. It's a subscription.

If they are going to get indie titles they need to aim a little higher. There seem to be two strains of indie developers in separate barriers. Microsoft and Ouya have the good indies on board while Sony and Nintendo (This is the first and only time I'll say anything bad about Nintendo) seem to have a lack of knowledge for the good indies for the most part and will sanction any crap.

Lets face it, not only should Don't Starve have not been on any console. It shouldn't have even been a video game. It should not exist.

I enjoyed it for the month

Message 18 of 20 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2366 posts

Apr 25, 2014

$4.00 a month 4-5 games each month online game saves,auto updates discounts on even more games all year. You think you should get more for your $4 :smileylol:

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
Member: Drive Club "Wheels N Motion"
Feel Free to look up the Club in game and join us.
Message 19 of 20 (78 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2014

Message 20 of 20 (65 Views)
0 Likes