Apr 24 2014
By: evillec First Son 6 posts

Wanting Better games!

[ Edited ]
19 replies 260 views Edited Apr 24, 2014

Seriously I can believe people settle for anything, I created a topic saying that we deserve better free games because each everyday  we spend more and more money with games and subscriptions, and people actually went down on me saying that I can't complain because It's free, this is so stu**d, we always have to want something better, we always have to push them into giving us better things, It's the only way they are going to improve.

Mod Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 20 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Re: Wanting Better games!

Apr 24, 2014

Your post was about better Ps+ games on the ps4... But you cant ask for better games on the ps4 right now..  there are not enough games to do that.. is the first year of the console.. nobody that makes AAA games is going to give away their games for free on release...  if you really need big games for free get a ps3, there are a ton of AAA games for free in there... 

you can do that.. or wait a year or two for AAA games on ps4

And i think they have been giving really good games on the ps4.. i have enjoyed almost all of them..

Message 2 of 20 (252 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Apr 24, 2014

I'm not asking for AAA games, Outlas was an exellent game to win, they could give us at least Daylight as well.

Message 3 of 20 (242 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10749 posts

Apr 24, 2014

evillec wrote:

Seriously I can believe people settle for anything, I created a topic saying that we deserve better free games because each everyday  we spend more and more money with games and subscriptions, and people actually went down on me saying that I can't complain because It's free, this is so stu**d, we always have to want something better, we always have to push them into giving us better things, It's the only way they are going to improve.

Mod Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

2 things.

i'm gonna assume your post was deleted because there is a PS+ thread already stickied at the top of "general" to discuss the offerings.

and people replied in the way they did because your expectations are way off. how do you expect sony to give us "better games" if there are hardly any out yet? furthermore, sony has to negotiate with the devs/pubs in order to even put the games in the IGC. they have to pay the pubs/devs a fee to put it there to offset some of the revenue the devs will/would miss out on.

dop you honestly think publishers, like activision, EA, & ubisoft are going to agree to their brand new games going into the IGC less than 6 months after their release? no, they won't. why? cause they're still trying to hit their margins and make money off of their 30+ million dollar investments.

i guess you also don't know that it takes, usually, more than a year to make a decent AAA games, yet devs have only received dev-kits less than a year ago, again, how do expect to get better games when there are barely any out?

i'll ask again, instead of Stick it To the Man, which game would you like to see in Mays offering for the PS4?

none of this has anything to do with "settling", it's a simple logic problem and the posters you are talking about, like me, understand that sony can't just pull games out of nowhere and offer them to us.

they are a company, not a charity. i'll say it again, if the deal does not fit your needs, there are other options out there.

Message 4 of 20 (234 Views)
Fender Bender
3200 posts

Apr 24, 2014
You have to remember Sony can't just give any game the publisher / developers have to be okay with this as well. The generation just started & publishers & developers need to make a profit off their games. Can't expect them to settle for commision from Sony as their sales will simply dry up once that game hits PS+.
Message 5 of 20 (230 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10749 posts

Apr 24, 2014

evillec wrote:

I'm not asking for AAA games, Outlas was an exellent game to win, they could give us at least Daylight as well.

how? it's not a sony owned studio. do you really think Zombie Studios is going to let their brand new, "next-gen" game be put into the IGC right off the bat? 

this is what some of us are talking about. you basically want sony to pay Zombie Studios, potentially, millions of dollars, to get them to put their new game into the IGC and *only* expect to pay $50 a year? that's ridiculous.

Message 6 of 20 (227 Views)
MVP Support
5062 posts

Apr 24, 2014
I've asked this a few times before and haven't gotten a single response .

Would you rather games each month that you may or may not like, or wait 9 months before you get any games, like the Vita?
Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 7 of 20 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Apr 24, 2014

ExMimic wrote:
I've asked this a few times before and haven't gotten a single response .

Would you rather games each month that you may or may not like, or wait 9 months before you get any games, like the Vita?

games everymonth.  I sadly haven't bought a single game for my Vita since Killzone.  None of the new releases interest me that much.  I have only been playing the freebies from the IGC or using it for remote play.  I'm not complaining, I'm just wanting a new game that I can sink hours into without replaying it.

Message 8 of 20 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11489 posts

Apr 24, 2014
Complaining about what you get for free?
Look I fully understood when I signed up for ps+ that I may or may not like the games we recieve through the program.. But I'm glad because I get a chance to play games I would otherwise overlook because I originally had no interest in playing them, I'm actually looking forward to the puppeteer game because I never played it..

As for the ps4, there is no where near the size of library that the ps3 has.
It will take time , the aaa games are coming, you just need patience..
>

Message 9 of 20 (13 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10754 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Occhi07 wrote:
I'm not complaining, I'm just wanting a new game that I can sink hours into without replaying it.

My most recent purchase was King Oddball, and I was shocked when I hopped on the statistics tile...  I have already sunk 11 hours into the PS4 version of the game (I'm about 30% through Moustache World and about 40% through the diamond levels for the last two trophies).  It is amazing how sometimes a 'small, indie' title can be such a time sink.

As for PS+ games, I have a massive backlog of games that I haven't even touched, yet.

Of course, on the other hand, wanting you to replay a particular game over and over is one of the goals developers are after.  Replayability is one of the big factors on many reviewers' scorecards.

Message 10 of 20 (182 Views)
0 Likes