First Son
9 posts

Re: Walmart ps4 pre-order midnight release?

Nov 12, 2013

Just called both of my 24hr Walmarts. One said that they have their shipment in, but it's only for pre-orders and that there's only 11 units in their inventory. Bummer... However, the other Walmart I called said that they haven't gotten their shipment in yet, but when they do, they might have as many 20 units available for people that did NOT pre-order. Both Walmarts did not have a line started yet.

I'm going to be calling back the Walmart with no shipment details tomorrow and the next day to see if they'll actually get an extra 20 units for non pre-orders. If so, that's where I'll be waiting in line. If not, I'll have no choice but to start waiting in line at Best Buy.

I called Best Buy as well today, they told me that they'll for certain have units available for people that didn't pre-order, and that they'll have dedicated/seperate lines for people who did and did not pre-order. They also told me that they'll be opening doors for customers who had pre-ordered an hour early.

People who did not pre-order, will be served on a "first come, first serve" basis by handing out tickets. The amount of tickets indicate how many non pre-order units they have. Once they run out of tickets to hand out to people, they won't have any left to sell. One ticket per person. As of now, no lines in either pre-order or non pre-order have generated yet. But the associate I talked to said that they expect people start waiting in line around Thursday morning, anywhere from 14 - 18 hours before midnight release. However, they would not tell me how many non pre-order units they had in their stock.... Not that it matters because that's the only Best Buy in the entire area...

Message 61 of 69 (858 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2013

As i promised, i called to my WalMart today and ask to talk to the Manager. Manager get the phone and i ask about the PS4 midnight release, her answer is "Hold on.." (Then ask somebody else next to her).. "I will transfer you to electronics".. The electronics girl answer and she knows everything about it, even more than the manager, which i tought was funny.

She told me they WILL have a midnight release. Even the layaway closing at 9pm, she said they WILL have one employee working on the layaway dept. exclusively to do the midnight release.

I asked how many PS4 pre-orders they got, and she said 30. I asked how many non pre-orders units will they have at midnight launch and she said 20. She said they will do 2 different lines: one for who pre-order and another one for those who did not pre-order but want a PS4 as well. The second line will be based on first-come first-served basis.

A few hours after that call i went to WalMart to "pay-off" my PS4 pre order (left $10 balance) and i asked again to the lady who helped me. She said they will be doing the midnight release, and she also said they got 34 pre-orders and that she had no idea if they will have extra units for those who did not pre-ordered. She was a 70 something years old woman, so i will go with the girl who helped me in the phone earlier, lol

It is good to have 100% sure that i will be walking out of my WalMart with my PS4 on hands a litle after midnight on thursday night... Good luck you all!

Message 62 of 69 (835 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Nov 13, 2013

I still havnt heard anything from my store, but this was posted today in the news:

"Usually our layaway closes at 9 p.m., but we're opening it back up at midnight if people wanted to grab a PS4 and didn't want to pay for it today," said Sarah McKinney, a spokeswoman for Walmart.

Hopefully this is good news for me, but i will keep trying!

Message 63 of 69 (708 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Nov 13, 2013

niner4life9 wrote:

I just called my Wal-Mart and they said they have the pre-orders already set aside locked in a cage. You have to pick it up at the LayAway section which doesn't open until 9am. So my penalty for pre-ordering the PS4 is I have to wait an extra 9 hours just to get the console. That is stupid. They should let you pick it up in the Electronics section or else have someone working LayAway at midnight.

I just called my walmart and they ARE doing a midnight release for pre-orders. For a big release such as this, all walmarrts should be doing it. I would call back tomorrow and check again...because 95% of walmart employees dont know what they are talking about.

Message 64 of 69 (697 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 13, 2013
Just called. Electronics guy said midnight release is on! Layaway section will be open as well. Said there will be plenty, and the preordered ones are already put aside and locked. Its happening!!!!!!!!
Message 65 of 69 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Nov 14, 2013
Lol this is how bad Walmart employees can get. I went yesterday to payoff my ps4 pre-order well she said I had to leave a penny balance so that the order stays in the system... She used a calculator to figure out what amount to charge me! As in to subtract 1 from the full amount she literally pulled out a calculator and even then couldn't figure it out... I thought I was in a hidden camera show at first... Then I was embarrassed for her until I finally just told her what it would be..... And she's the same employee that will be working layaway department for midnight release... *face palm *
Message 66 of 69 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3901 posts

Nov 14, 2013

LiQuiDiZeD wrote:

niner4life9 wrote:

I just called my Wal-Mart and they said they have the pre-orders already set aside locked in a cage. You have to pick it up at the LayAway section which doesn't open until 9am. So my penalty for pre-ordering the PS4 is I have to wait an extra 9 hours just to get the console. That is stupid. They should let you pick it up in the Electronics section or else have someone working LayAway at midnight.

I just called my walmart and they ARE doing a midnight release for pre-orders. For a big release such as this, all walmarrts should be doing it. I would call back tomorrow and check again...because 95% of walmart employees dont know what they are talking about.

It has to be a 24 hour Wal-Mart for a midnight release to happen. He probably went to the regular one where he is right about the situation.

Message 67 of 69 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Nov 15, 2013

at walmart picking up my ps4 a total of 2 people here...including myself.....some turnout!

Message 68 of 69 (335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013
Walmart royally messed up. I pre ordered 2x xboxs and 2x ps4 at 2 different walmarts (so 4 of each). I keep one of each, but giving some away for family and friends presents. Anyway, one Walmart messed up my order and had to cancel the xbox orders in order to keep the ps4s on a separate invoice. However she didn't do it right and flat out canceled them so now they aren't pre ordered. Nothing they could do. Got my 2 ps4s though. THEN I go to the other Walmart to get the other 2, and they "accidentally" gave them BOTH away at the midnight launch. I had already paid for them as well. So out of 4 ps4's I ended up getting one. I had promised a ps4 for my buddy, and my sister in laws' kids, but now they have to wait until Black Friday to get them. Like I want to go to walmart on a freakin Black Friday. To top it off, the first walmart messed my deposit up, and I had to repay it in FULL on the spot. They said my refund wouldn't show up until January 10th 2014, since it's a layaway type pre order. I kind of feel like I got scammed, and will be calling management tomorrow and **bleep** they are smoking. I never shop at Walmart and this is exactly why. Unreal. I guess I at least got MY ps4 to play around with. Egh...
Message 69 of 69 (277 Views)
0 Likes