First Son
10 posts

Re: Walmart ps4 pre-order midnight release?

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

Guy,s lets keep everybody that pre-order at walmart updated.. My wal-mart is open 24/7 in a college town.. When i pre-ordered, the lady said they WILL do the midnight release! On November 12th i am going there to pay off my PS4 and i will ask again!

Something that confuses me is the fact that some people are saying that the LAYAWAY department of walmart is responsible for the PS4 pre-orders, and that they close at 9pm and only open the next day at 9am. So in that case, will they still do the midnight release? Will they remain open after 9pm or will be the ELECTRONICS department the responsible for the midnight release? If not, even being a 24/7 walmart, will people only be able to take their PS4 the next morning 9am?

Message 21 of 69 (2,538 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 5, 2013
I went to wal mart today actually to find out the same thing. I couldn't get any information from any of the sales associates. I finally found a manager and expressed my concern. He told me that he would make sure someone was there so the people that had to pre order through their layaway system could pick it up at midnight. I would suggest doing the same. Who knows if they will actually do it though. It's worth a shot. Its been really confusing. I'll make sure to pre order through another retailer next time.
Message 22 of 69 (2,451 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 5, 2013
And on your wal mart receipt. I don't know about yours but on mine it says layaway payments can now be made at the front registers. So I would think that you could pick it up at midnight. I don't know.
Message 23 of 69 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 6, 2013

I just called my WalMart and they said the PS4's for those who pre-ordered will only be available on November 23th!! How is that even possible?

Message 24 of 69 (2,376 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Nov 6, 2013

phfrazillio wrote:

I just called my WalMart and they said the PS4's for those who pre-ordered will only be available on November 23th!! How is that even possible?

Thats..........IMPOSIBIRRUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 25 of 69 (2,367 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Nov 6, 2013

im NOT EVEN going to go through the hassle of calling or trying to ask one of the associates/managers.  My only hope is that walmart continues to live up to its level of incompetency, and that the information that they gave you is erroneous.

Message 26 of 69 (2,362 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 6, 2013

lol that is my hope too man! when i called, i got transfered 2 times until this lady say "i think is the november 23th", and then she asked to someone else that was in the same room as her and i could hear the other lady saying "23 or 26.. i have NO IDEA!" lmao..

so yeah, i am just going there in person next week (2 days before launch) and ask again!

Message 27 of 69 (2,343 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Nov 8, 2013
The manager of my local wal mart super center actually returned my call today. He got everything organized. I live in a medium sized city and they only have 5 pre orders placed and they are getting in 51 consoles. There will be plenty of consoles on shelves for everyone.
Message 28 of 69 (2,211 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Nov 8, 2013

What city do you live in? The reason I ask is because my nearest Walmart is also open 24 hours, but claim they haven't gotten their PS4 units from their warehouse. I live in Jackson, WY. My nearest 24hr Walmart is in Idaho Falls, with a population of 55,000. I've called that Walmart twice now, each time they kind of communicate to me in a way that makes me believe they don't know anything that's going on with the PS4, which is good, because that can mean that they don't get alot of calls/inquiries about how that Walmart is going to handle selling PS4's. Which could also mean that Walmart doesn't have alot of pre-orders. I BARELY missed my chance to preorder a PS4 on Amazon, so waiting in line for one is my only option. I figured Walmart is my best chance since it's statiscally the biggest retailer in North America, meaning they'll have the most units avaliable. I'm going to keep calling my Walmart until they finally know how many units they'll have when they arrive. If it's atleast 30, i have mediocre chances. If it's atleast 50, I'll have good chances. If it's atleast 75, my chances are solid.

Regardless of how many they'll have, I'll be waiting in line 6 - 7 hours before midnight to help guarentee my chances. Most people will probably start waiting in line about 8:00 or 9:00 pm, but I'm going to wait, or maybe even begin the line at 5:00 or 6:00 pm. For those who are in the same situation as me, waiting in line at Best Buy and Gamestop will be a complete waste of time. Best Buy says they'll have very limited non preorder units, while Gamestop says that non preorder units are merely possible, not probable. Every Harry, **bleep** & Sally are going to be waitng in line at Best Buy and Gamestop because they're both more video game oritented companies. Target and Walmart are your best chances, particularly the 24hr Walmarts. Target said to me that they flat out won't do midnight releases, they will open their doors at 8:00 AM.

My ONLY possible obstacle standing in my way is bad weather. If a snowstorm happens on the day I need to go to my 24hr Walmart, they'll close the pass I need to drive on in order to get to my destination. If that happens, I'll be madder than HELL.... Good luck everyone. May fortune smile on you in an awsome way.

Message 29 of 69 (2,167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 8, 2013

my WalMart its on a small town in VA,,,next tuesday i am going to pick it up my FIFA 14 on gamestop, which is right next to walmart. I will pay off (gonna leave 1 dollar balance) my PS4 and will ask again. Maybe they will have a better answer, since it will be only 2 days away from release. Hopefully the lady who gave me that information was completely wrong. When i called, i got transferred 2 times until this lady say "i think is the november 23th", and then she asked to someone else that was in the same room as her and i could hear the other lady saying "23 or 26.. i have NO IDEA!", so the chances they had no idea about what they were talking about and that they were confused with the xbox and ps4 dates is huge.. i will let you guys know next tuesday tho.. good luck to everybody!

Message 30 of 69 (858 Views)
0 Likes