Nov 29 2012
By: ROTBI First Son 3 posts

Wallpapers

[ Edited ]
9 replies 4325 views Edited Apr 7, 2014

Sorry if this has been answered before. I used search and couldn't find a relevant post. Have wallpapers been removed from the Playstation Store? If not, how do I find them?

*Edit:  I know how to get wallpapers from the internet or use internet pictures as wallpapers.  I'm not referring to that at all.  I'm specifically talking about the wallpapers that have been available for years on the Playstation Store.  Thanks.

Mod Edit: Added label. Click here for more information on labels

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Message 1 of 10 (4,325 Views)
Welcoming Committee
10382 posts

Re: Wallpapers

Nov 29, 2012

Have no luck finding it either. Even tried searching for it, and no luck.

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 2 of 10 (4,318 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2539 posts

Nov 29, 2012

i was checking for new dlc for all my games last night (which took forever cause you can't easily browse anymore.... it took forever using the search for EVERY game...) and i remember seeing wallpaper listed in a few of the game's individual pages. I don't know if wallpaper had it's own section in the old store I never looked. I use the PS3 Theme Builder you can find online to make my own full themes so....

Message 3 of 10 (4,312 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3613 posts

Nov 29, 2012

The section was in there, but i think they took it away and put them with the game they represent now..

The store needs to be cleaned up and made easier to navigate...

But i made my own a while back and many people like it...

Here is a link to it:  http://www.mediafire.com/?mch3qw3pdhh0o9u

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 10 (4,310 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24534 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Message 5 of 10 (4,302 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 29, 2012
No, not themes. The themes are easy enough to find. The old store used to have a wallpaper section, then it got grouped into a wallpaper and avatar section, and now there doesn't appear to be any. They used to offer wallpapers, many of which were not game-related. The game-related ones could ALSO be found under the respective games area, but the wallpaper area hosted the abstract, high-fantasy, sports, "babes", etc. themed wallpapers.
Message 6 of 10 (4,298 Views)
Last Guardian
9113 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

ROTBI wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered before. I used search and couldn't find a relevant post. Have wallpapers been removed from the Playstation Store? If not, how do I find them?

I just checked in the Playstation Store, and all "Wallpapers" are gone. The closest thing you can get to "Wallpapers" are a handfull of free "Static" (non-moving) themes. In the Playstation Store "Wallpapers" were just photographs. If you downloaded a "Wallpaper" from the Playstation Store, it would go to the "Photo" section of your PS3. "Wallpapers" would not go into the "Theme" section of your PS3.

If you still want "Wallpapers", just go on the internet and download any photo that you want to. Any downloaded photo could be made into "Wallpaper" on your PS3.

spider-waves-to-itself1.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 7 of 10 (4,286 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I've known that for years, but thanks. My question is specifically about the wallpapers that were being offered on the store.
Message 8 of 10 (4,278 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Nov 29, 2012

If your just looking for wallpapers search some up on Google or something? Their are thousands LOL.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10 (4,272 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9113 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2014

ROTBI wrote:

*Edit:  I know how to get wallpapers from the internet or use internet pictures as wallpapers.  I'm not referring to that at all.  I'm specifically talking about the wallpapers that have been available for years on the Playstation Store.  Thanks.

I looked at this question again, and I found some Wallpapers in the Playstation Store. The Wallpapers in the Playstation Store are very difficult to find. Since there is no "Wallpaper" section in the Playstation Store, you have to know the name of the Wallpaper before you can find it. I looked in the "Playstation Store Update" in the Playstation Blog and found these Wallpapers:

Big Sky Infinity Wallpaper 1(Free)

Breakquest: Extra Evolution Wallpaper (Free)

DERRRICK THE DEATHFIN WALLPAPER ONE — Free

DERRICK THE DEATHFIN WALLPAPER TWO – Free

ZOMBIE DRIVER HD WALLPAPER – TAXI ACTION — Free

ZOMBIE DRIVER HD WALLPAPER – TAXI FRONT — Free

All of those Wallpapers are in the Playstation Store. But if you did not know the name of the Wallpaper, they would be impossible to find. You have to go to the Playstation Blog, look at past Playstation Store updates. Then you will see the names of PS3 Wallpapers that were released that week. That is the only way I know that you can find Wallpapers in the Playstation Store.

IWoaHcaEUkKnL7MK9OcJxQ2.gif

This is an old thread, and it will be closed now Smiley Happy

lovely1rainbow

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 10 of 10 (4,217 Views)