Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
4 posts

Re: Wake-Up Club Issues

Feb 3, 2013

I have this exact problem as well. I always get first place and I've never been able to cheer on anyone except the placeholder bots.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 25 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Feb 5, 2013

thanks for chiming in, barbers-son. I'm confident there's a problem here now and I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it and Sony isn't acknowledging it. I love the idea and I want to use it as my alarm, but the social parts are broken. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 25 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Has anyone noticed that when using wake up club trophies don't sync automatically?? 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 25 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Feb 6, 2013

someone commented today on a psblog about this problem on  the ps home vita arcade game post, and a person from sony replied saying that he uses the app and has come in secound a couple of times... he also stated that he will notify the team responsible for the wake up club app. hopefully it gets fixed soon. and im not sure how he gets into second place... ive never gotten seond place in the whole 2 weeks of using it

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 25 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Feb 13, 2013

I don't know how he got second either. When booting from standby like it always does as an alarm clock, I always get first no matter what and don't get cheers or the opportunity to cheer anyone on. Everyone is awake already, but I'm given first place. It's obviously a glitch.

The only time I got second place was when I was messing around with the alarm without allowing it to go to standby, so booting from standby is clearly the problem. Some people mistakenly think they have had the opportunity to cheer people on, but those people don't realize that they were cheering on placeholder bots.

I'm concerned that Mr. Mesa didn't seem to think there was a problem because I'm confident something needs to be fixed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 25 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7557 posts

Feb 13, 2013
It seems that it's dependent if other people are waking at the same time as you.

For example:

Setting the Alarm on Mon-Thurs 5:50AM = Not much wake up players.
Fridays at 7:30AM = I receive cheers.
Weekends at 7:30AM = I get to wake people up. :smileyvery-happy:
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 25 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

Seriously? You've heard cheers while your vita is still asleep? And you've seen real users still asleep before? Have you ever gotten anything other than first place when booting from standby, Doppel? Which vita model do u have and did you buy dlc? I don't know if that makes a difference but it has to be something.

I've seen many real users before but they are ALWAYS all awake, and I'm given first place. I'm actually usually in a full group of real users, bc my alarm is 8 a.m. But I've never heard a cheer or seen a real user still asleep.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 25 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Feb 13, 2013

I deleted the app and reinstalled it w/o the DLC and nothing changed. I listened to my alarm for about 20 or 30 seconds before I pressed "yes" to launch wake up club. Then I hit my avatar in the mini-game and moved on to the screen where I was paired with all real users except for 1 placeholder bot. All of the users were already awake but I was given first place. The funny thing is that after listening to my alarm for 20 or 30 seconds and hitting "yes". The clock already said 8:01. A full minute definitely had not passed so there may be a delay before the alarm goes off. They need to program it to skip the "yes launch wake up club" step entirely. Because if you have to find the "yes" button, it completely defeats the purpose of the avatar mini-game.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 25 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Feb 13, 2013
yes, its an issue and sadly sony hasn;'t said anything about it, why would you have to open the app in the first place, I mean after leaving it running at night why should you press a button to open it again when it starts ringing, it makes no sense at all although I'm sure it because of the ps vita lockscreen or something like that, they should fix it, I haven't had the chance to cheer even 1 person, only bots and yes I'm always first and everyone is up. Why would they release such an useless app, it just doesnt work...
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 25 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Thanks, su43berkut17. I'm glad I'm not crazy. I'd really like to use this app as my alarm clock, but you're right, as it is now it is useless. There's no point in choosing my Vita over my phone as an alarm which can play any song I want if the social features of wake-up club aren't functioning properly. Very unfortunate they didn't release it working properly, because I'm sure it isn't high on the priority list to fix it now.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 25 (86 Views)
0 Likes