Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Re: Wait for PS4 or buy the PS3 Now?

Mar 16, 2013

WAIT.

You've waited this long, there is no reason to jump the gun right now. I'm not saying you should get a PS4 when it comes out, but at the very least you should wait for the PS4's release because then PS3 prices will probably drop anyway. In addition, we should have a better idea of how Sony will use Gaikai for PS3 and older games. As of now we know the PS4 will definitely support Gaikai, but it's possible Sony supports other devices as well (Vita and PS Mobile phones have already been hinted at)...and there's no technological reason why they couldn't support the PC (not saying they would, but stranger things have happened).

If I was you, I would at least wait until E3 if not longer.

PS. Why would anyone ask such a question to Sony fanboys??

Message 11 of 30 (1,265 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

XxFenrir24xX wrote:

I really hope that it won't cost $1000. That price tag is staggering to me. I was thinking it would be about $600 at the most for the next gen.

It won't be...I don't know what CloseHarmony was smoking. Rumors are that there will be two versions priced at $429 and $529.

Message 12 of 30 (1,260 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 16, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

WAIT.

You've waited this long, there is no reason to jump the gun right now. I'm not saying you should get a PS4 when it comes out, but at the very least you should wait for the PS4's release because then PS3 prices will probably drop anyway. In addition, we should have a better idea of how Sony will use Gaikai for PS3 and older games. As of now we know the PS4 will definitely support Gaikai, but it's possible Sony supports other devices as well (Vita and PS Mobile phones have already been hinted at)...and there's no technological reason why they couldn't support the PC (not saying they would, but stranger things have happened).

If I was you, I would at least wait until E3 if not longer.

PS. Why would anyone ask such a question to Sony fanboys??

A lot of people own both 360's and PS3's. Okay maybe not a lot, but some of us do, so in a way we have experience with both consoles. I personally have both and have had both since their respected launches, and the PS3 is much better tech. I do agree that prices will go down when the PS4 launches, but if you're like me, the wait could be tough.

Message 13 of 30 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 16, 2013

I honestly really don't see myself as waiting to buy the PS3 until the PS4 launches. Yes, it would be a lot cheaper. But at that point I would probably find a way to just buy the PS4 and start there. I know there isn't backwards compatibility with the PS4, but I more than likely would just try to get the new console at that point.

Basically here are the two options that I was mulling over.

1. Get the PS3 now, and wait a little longer to get the next gen console.

2. Pass on the PS3, and get the PS4 around the holidays.

Message 14 of 30 (1,248 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 16, 2013

XxFenrir24xX wrote:

I honestly really don't see myself as waiting to buy the PS3 until the PS4 launches. Yes, it would be a lot cheaper. But at that point I would probably find a way to just buy the PS4 and start there. I know there isn't backwards compatibility with the PS4, but I more than likely would just try to get the new console at that point.

Like I've said, you won't have any regrets getting a PS3, not with the extensive library it currently has, and the games you originally mentioned are great games that you'll love playing. But in the end, it's your call. Only you can make that decision, we've all given you and brought up good points from all sides, so now the ball is in your court.

Message 15 of 30 (1,244 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Well I do have to say you missed out alot on games and if you pick up a game that the story line is from the past PS3 game series, you might be lost BUT......YES THATS A BUT.....I only played the original Metal Gear Solid on PS1, never played the others. I got MGS4 because the graphics looked great and the game play videos looked great. So yea I missed out alot myself but it was still a great game. Look.... here's my advice, get a PS4 because the experiance from launch until the next PlayStation game system will be well worth it. God I remember seeing snow falling in Resistance fall of man. I was BLOWN AWAY HAHAHA. and that was snow lol Smiley Tongue
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 16 of 30 (1,240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Then wait until the PS3 comes down in price more and game some old games.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 17 of 30 (1,237 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 16, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Then wait until the PS3 comes down in price more and game some old games.

That is always an option as well.

Message 18 of 30 (1,235 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Mar 16, 2013

XxFenrir24xX wrote:

Hey everyone, 

I know everyone on this message board gets this question ALL the time, but I am going to ask it anyways. Smiley Tongue

Basically, I have always been an Xbox player (I come in peace), I wouldn't say that I have ever been a "fanboy" per say. But I have always bought Microsoft's gaming products. Because of this, I have never owned a Playstation before, whether it be the PS1, PS2, or obviously the PS3. 

The thing is that I am really bored of the Xbox, and everything that comes with it, and I am ready for a change! Yes I put an exclamation point there make my enthusiasm more noticeable. I am ready to try something different.

I have always wanted to a Playstation 3, and there are several games that I would love to play like MLB 2013: The Show (I'm a huge baseball fan, and 2K is awful), Killzone, God of War, and the Uncharted series. 

However, I know that the new console is around the corner, and it is something that I will more than likely get at some point, maybe not right away but at some point within a year of release, and it may not be worth it to spend the money on a soon to be outdated console. Being a college student it's important to spend money as efficiently as possible, even if one may be a gift at some point (which they more than likely would be which ever console it is), I still would have to buy new games for it, which could be expensive.

So, should I get a PS3 now, and try some great games that have come out since it's release all those years ago, or should I wait for the Playstation 4 to make my Playstation debut and not waste the money on games and a console that more than likely will be replaced in the next year and a half anyways?

Thanks!

Get a PS3, I would recomend this bundle from Walmart -  http://www.walmart.com/ip/PS3-500GB-Console-Classic-White-with-PSN-Plus-and-VUDU-Wal-mart-Exclusive/...

PS3 500GB Console Classic White with PSN Plus and VUDU (Wal-mart Exclusive)

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 19 of 30 (1,233 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Mar 16, 2013

XxFenrir24xX wrote:

I understand not wanting to wait until November to get a PS3 if that's the decision you go with, but can you wait three months? We should learn a lot more at E3 and that may sway you one way or another whether the PS4 is something you'd really want at launch of not.

Message 20 of 30 (1,224 Views)
0 Likes