Feb 15 2012
By: Transient Lombax Warrior 193 posts

WPA Enterprise Wi-Fi network?

8 replies 515 views Edited Feb 15, 2012

Why doesn't the Vita support WPA Enterprise Wi-Fi networks? There has to be a lot of students out there who want to use their Vita at school and have to connect with WPA Enterprise. For now I've had to tether to the 3G on my phone, but that sucks and chews up my data quota.

And before someone says it supports WPA/WPA2, WPA Enterprise is different. You login with both a username and password, as well as setting up an authentication server. Yeah, it's an advanced setup compared with most home users, but it should support it as most modern devices do.

I hope Sony adds this in a future update! Lots of students are in my situation.

Message 1 of 9 (515 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: WPA Enterprise Wi-Fi network?

Feb 17, 2012

i agree how are you supposed to use all of the online features if they dont support a widely used college wifi system

Message 2 of 9 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8824 posts

Feb 17, 2012

So that's what it is called? Because I tried to see if I can get on my local college (with the psp) and I couldn't connect to the internet but I could connect with my laptop.

Message 3 of 9 (515 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 22, 2012

Wow, I just bought the vita and now I find out it doesn't work with a WPA enterprise wifi connection....  That's not on!

Message 4 of 9 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Feb 22, 2012

Android phones don't support WPA2 Enterprise either.

Message 5 of 9 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4913 posts

Feb 22, 2012

At my job we would have employees complain that their devices (A majority of them Android devices like Kindles or Android Tablets, phones) not connecting to the network. The work around was to contact the it admin and he would conncect the devices via the mac address as a temp solution. Im hoping Sony can patch in a fix for this on a future update. I know the psp didnt either but this isbecoming a common standard now at work and school locations.

Message 6 of 9 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1644 posts

Feb 22, 2012

Yeah they do . well at least mine does

Photobucket
Message 7 of 9 (515 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 23, 2012

That's not true. I could connect to WPA2-Enterprise with my Nexus One(running Android 2.1) and I can do it just fine now with my Galaxy Nexus. I can also do it using my iPod Touch 4th gen. On all of these devices I can also setup the VPN network if the WPA-Enterprise protected network is not available.

Sony - listen:

PS Vita is a portable device. And lots of students are going to buy it. And universities, colleges and schools use WPA-Enterprise. So please get your programmers working,and get it done. Please.

Message 8 of 9 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Does not make sense that every consumer encryption is not supported.

Message 9 of 9 (515 Views)
0 Likes