Oct 30 2012
By: R_a_z_i_e_l First Son 8 posts

WIll Sony ever listen to us and give us HD Collections on the Vita ?

8 replies 243 views Edited Oct 30, 2012

Loving the MGS HD Collection but really do wish they ported others like the Ratchet And Clank collection.

Message 1 of 9 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Re: WIll Sony ever listen to us and give us HD Collections on the Vita ?

Oct 30, 2012

I doubt it. I would have thought each collection to be a cross-buy at this point, but at least we have them.

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Would also murder for a Jak Collection.

Message 3 of 9 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2613 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I'm still waiting for the Zone of the Enders HD Collection on Vita! But seriously though, development times for Vita is longer then consoles when it comes to HD Collections is because you have to compress the size of the game to fit on the game card. Then you have to adapt the controls to use the touchscreen/touchpad because of the limited buttons on Vita. Then you have to change the graphics to support the Vita's resolution. FInally you have to make sure it isn't really buggy.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 4 of 9 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Oct 30, 2012

DMC Hd Collection minus part 2 would be sweet

God of War 1 and 2 could be ported HD and I'd be all over it

Message 5 of 9 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Even though God of War HD releases have been done twice already.

A DmC HD release would be cool.

Message 6 of 9 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

Bulletpainpills wrote:

I'm still waiting for the Zone of the Enders HD Collection on Vita! But seriously though, development times for Vita is longer then consoles when it comes to HD Collections is because you have to compress the size of the game to fit on the game card. Then you have to adapt the controls to use the touchscreen/touchpad because of the limited buttons on Vita. Then you have to change the graphics to support the Vita's resolution. FInally you have to make sure it isn't really buggy.

What I am thinking is bluepoint usually is the company that ports games over and right now they are working on PSABR, so maybe after they are done with that they might start working on Zone of The Enders.

Message 7 of 9 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Bulletpainpills wrote:

I don't think the development times are longer, since the Vita versions of Sly 4 & All Stars are coming out at the same time as the PS3 versions. Sony may have updated the devlopment tools to make this possible, that wasn't available during the time of  ZOE...

Message 8 of 9 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Oct 31, 2012
Some of the HD Collections on PS3 can be played through Remote Play on the Vita. The only one that comes to mind is ICO&SOTC Collection but I think there are more.
Message 9 of 9 (128 Views)
0 Likes