Reply
Highlighted
Sep 23 2011
By: SHARPJABB First Son 7 posts
Offline

WILL ALL MAJOR GAME RELEASES BE AVAILABLE ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE?

4 replies 23 views Edited Sep 23, 2011

When it comes to handheld I'm all about game downloads. Ever sense games became available on the PlayStation Store I traded in my entire UMD collection in mass and began buying my favorites (that are available) from the PlayStation Store. I'm really hoping that all major game releases will be available for download on release day. I don't see why Sony couldn't do this. After all the infastructure is in place and money isn't being lost in anyway (that is unless you are asking the retailers, sorry GamStop).


Get your Portable ID!

"si vis pacem para bellum"
If you want peace, prepare for war.
Message 1 of 5 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/27/2008
Offline
5189 posts
 

Re: WILL ALL MAJOR GAME RELEASES BE AVAILABLE ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE?

Sep 23, 2011

SHARPJABB wrote:

When it comes to handheld I'm all about game downloads. Ever sense games became available on the PlayStation Store I traded in my entire UMD collection in mass and began buying my favorites (that are available) from the PlayStation Store. I'm really hoping that all major game releases will be available for download on release day. I don't see why Sony couldn't do this. After all the infastructure is in place and money isn't being lost in anyway (that is unless you are asking the retailers, sorry GamStop).

Sony have said that all games released on game cards will also be release in the PSN Store. But that does not go the other way around, not all PSN releases will be made available on game cards.

Message 2 of 5 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/01/2009
Offline
88 posts
 

Re: WILL ALL MAJOR GAME RELEASES BE AVAILABLE ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE?

Sep 23, 2011

Can't wait for this. I already have number of ps1 classics and PSP titles just waiting to be transferred to my vita.

Message 3 of 5 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/30/2005
Offline
2966 posts
 

Re: WILL ALL MAJOR GAME RELEASES BE AVAILABLE ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE?

Sep 23, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

SHARPJABB wrote:

When it comes to handheld I'm all about game downloads. Ever sense games became available on the PlayStation Store I traded in my entire UMD collection in mass and began buying my favorites (that are available) from the PlayStation Store. I'm really hoping that all major game releases will be available for download on release day. I don't see why Sony couldn't do this. After all the infastructure is in place and money isn't being lost in anyway (that is unless you are asking the retailers, sorry GamStop).

Sony have said that all games released on game cards will also be release in the PSN Store. But that does not go the other way around, not all PSN releases will be made available on game cards.

I would like to add that with the current older games on the PSN are there because sony and the developers that make the games (or more to the point of having the rights to the games) signed new contracts to put said games on the psn. If a game is not on the psn its because the developer decided not to renew a contract to put the game on the PSN or that developer has dropped off the face of the earth and the current owners of said games dont have the funds to put the game out via a download. Sony has to follow the laws of the land and cant just put what ever game they want on the PSN.

Its a bummer, but thats how things go.

_____________________________________________________
Opinion:
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 4 of 5 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/27/2008
Offline
5189 posts
 

Re: WILL ALL MAJOR GAME RELEASES BE AVAILABLE ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE?

Sep 23, 2011

Naquiel wrote:

I would like to add that with the current older games on the PSN are there because sony and the developers that make the games (or more to the point of having the rights to the games) signed new contracts to put said games on the psn. If a game is not on the psn its because the developer decided not to renew a contract to put the game on the PSN or that developer has dropped off the face of the earth and the current owners of said games dont have the funds to put the game out via a download. Sony has to follow the laws of the land and cant just put what ever game they want on the PSN.

Its a bummer, but thats how things go.

True but there are currently no PSVita games on the PSN store and I believe that is what the OP was talking about. With the PSVita Sony is making sure that developers arrange rights for internet distribution from the start.

But the above holds true for PSP and PSOne classics, interent rights distribution is difficult to obtain if certain parties involved in the original game no longer exist or are not willing to play ball then it will not appear.

Message 5 of 5 (23 Views)
Reply
0 Likes