Jan 28 2012
By: cage13622 Splicer 54 posts

WHy did they beep the first edition

24 replies 14 views Edited Jan 28, 2012

why would they give the 3g bundle added bonuses for the same price.  it would literaly only be fair for the first edition to come with an 8gb memory card if not bigger.  we are paying 50 bucks more for a case and little deviants and to get it a week earlier

lets do a sheck list here

FIRST EDITION           350$                                                

• Little Deviants
  • Case
  • 4gb memory card
  • free psn game
  • 250mb plan
  • 3g/wifi system

3g bundle                    300$

• free psn game
  • 8gb memory card
  • 250mb plan
  • 3g/wifi system.

This means it would actually be cheaper to buy the 3g bundle then buy little deviants and a case extra the math is as follows before tax.

FIRST EDITION

300+15+30+20+20+x= so 375+x where x represents the free game of untold value. now add 30 for atleast an 8gb memory card  so 405+x$

3g bundle

300+30+15+x=  so 345+x  now add 30 for little deviants and 20 for the case  so 385+x$

we are paying 20$ before tax for 1 week early.  please note these totals are for getting the exact same thing from both!

Message 1 of 25 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Re: WHy did they beep the first edition

Jan 28, 2012

According to my math you actually spend 10 more dollars than what everything is worth! So you don't even save anything.

Prior to 3G launch bundle announcement:

The first edition bundle was the only one out of the three that came with extras. This made it more appealing and you actually saved a bit of money than if you bought these extras separately. We would value the 3g vita at $300, Little Deviants at $30, 4gb card at $20 dollars, and the case for let's say $20 even though it's probably not worth that much. That means that we saved approximately $20. This was known as the free case fiasco. (People kept on saying that all you really got was a free case) But I still personally felt that receiveing the system one week in advance made this bundle worth the purchase.

After the 3G launch bundle announcement:

You can no longer value the 3g vita system in the first edition bundle as $300. This is because the $300 dollar 3G vita now comes with an 8gb card. This is double the amount of memory that the first edition bundle comes with. Since an 8gb card is worth $30 you subtract that from the $300 total. This makes the system $270, Little Deviants at $30 dollars, 4gb card at $20 dollars, and the case for the approximately $20. The total for this bundle is $340. Which actually makes the first edition buyers pay $10 EXTRA dollars for getting it a week early. You don't even save any money!!!!!!!!!!

So now it feels like we pay 10 extra dollars to get a system one week early to get a seemingly free game valued at 30 dollars that we can't even pick. Sure people say that the first edition bundle comes with a case and little deviants for free. But technically thats out of the 50 extra dollars you spend on the first edition bundle in the first place. And if you read my mathematical logic it really is 60 extra dollars when you look at the 8gb card to 4gb card reduction.

Message 2 of 25 (14 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 28, 2012

I don't get it either, but I guess Sony is hoping to entice people to buy the 3G version once the general release happens. But if I did preorder the First Edition, I would change it...

Message 3 of 25 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jan 28, 2012

we need to raise hell about this and get this noticed thats bull that they would make a better bundle for less and expect people to still buy a first edition.  if it wasnt for the fact that im moving on the 16th i would totaly go for the 3g bundle

Message 4 of 25 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jan 28, 2012

cage13622 wrote:

we need to raise hell about this and get this noticed thats bull that they would make a better bundle for less and expect people to still buy a first edition.  if it wasnt for the fact that im moving on the 16th i would totaly go for the 3g bundle

exactly! I've already voiced my concerns by messaging sony. And trying to get others to also voice their concerns. I switched my preorder to the 3G launch bundle. But I'd rather have sony fix the devaluation they put on the first edition bundle. Sony comes onto these forums and reads these. We should use this thread to raise awareness.

Message 5 of 25 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jan 28, 2012

yeah well unfortunately im royaly fucked because on the 16th im moving to new york from north carolina, so its either the 15th have something to do on a road trip or like march sometime when i finally have time to get to a gamestop and all the bundles will be gone by then!

Message 6 of 25 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jan 28, 2012

cage13622 wrote:

yeah well unfortunately im royaly ****** because on the 16th im moving to new york from north carolina, so its either the 15th have something to do on a road trip or like march sometime when i finally have time to get to a gamestop and all the bundles will be gone by then!

yeah man I hear you. There are definitely a lot of people pissed off about this, me included. I was really looking forward to getting my system a week early. Lets just hope that sony realizes their mistake ahead of time and changes the bundles so they're more appropriate before they suffer for it in sales.

Message 7 of 25 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Jan 28, 2012

Paying the extra 10 dollars in order to get the PS Vita a week before it's out is very very worth it. Making the bundle even bigger just made it even better, and it makes me feel more comfortable buying the first edition bundle. Going to pre-order this as soon as possible.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 8 of 25 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 28, 2012

Far too late for them to change anything packaging wise aside from slapping a sticker on the box, not sure when they decided to include a 8GB card in the 3G SKU but if it was last minute due to lack of pre-orders/interest (like in Japan) for it then the card will likely be retail packaged outside the box or taped to it. If this is something they planned awhile ago it would be but that would just be flat out shady to the point where they pretty much intentionally screwed WiFi and FEB pre-orders.

Message 9 of 25 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Jan 28, 2012

Is it just me or is the math completely wrong? The First Edition Bundle is $300 for 3G/Wifi Vita, $30 Little Deviants, $20 4GB Memory Card, $20 Case, $15 Data Connect, and it's safe to assume that the free game will be $15 so $400 total.

Normal 3G/Wifi Bundle is $300 for 3G/Wifi, $30 for 8GB Memory Card, $15 Data Connect, $15 PSN game $360 value. If you buy Little Deviants at $30, and a case for $20 you pay $410.

So $10 less for the First Edition Bundle, 1 week early and only difference is a 4GB compared to 8GB memory card, where some of us don't even care because we preordered 32GB cards to go along with the bundle.

Message 10 of 25 (14 Views)
0 Likes