Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
922 posts

Re: WHy did they beep the first edition

Jan 28, 2012

Some of us are willing to spend more for the right to own it a week early and don't care about a measly $10-$20 difference. Just look at all those people who spend $500+ importing from Asia they basically got the same thing we will get but at a higher price just to get it early. The same logic applies for the week early. I've already preordered over $2000 worth of 2 Vitas and games/accessories I couldn't care less about a small insignificant difference.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 25 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jan 28, 2012

im just saying that the value is gone. it used to be the smartest way to buy now it isnt thats the whole point.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 25 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Jan 28, 2012

To you it might be gone but to many of us who want the Vita that one less week of waiting is well worth it.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 25 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jan 28, 2012

Personally speaking, I think that people just shouldn't settle for less. I have no idea why the 3G Launch Bundle has more value money wise and I know that even the First Edition Buyers can agree with that. If you're a first edition buyer, you're more than likely a loyal sony fan. I know, personally, I can't wait another week. But I still feel that we are getting the short end of the stick here. It's not that I want to make a big deal out of this but I think we desearve more. And I just feel like sony is going to give us the cold shoulder because they think that fans of sony will buy this system even at a lesser value, money wise. Because, yeah people like me can't wait another week. But, like I said why settle for less. I'm sure, sony can make it up to us first edition buyers. But first we have to let them know that we believe the first edition bundle is fairly undervalued. They might lower the price a bit or make it an 8gb memory card. Now first edition buyers, would you rather just accept everything right now? Or potentially get more bang for your buck? Just voice your opinion and let sony know. If they see a lot of ignorance on the internet they may not change anything. But then again you were already fine with that right? So, there's no harm in trying. And there isn't any point to settleing for less.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 25 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4531 posts

Jan 29, 2012

KingofDreams5150 wrote:

Is it just me or is the math completely wrong? The First Edition Bundle is $300 for 3G/Wifi Vita, $30 Little Deviants, $20 4GB Memory Card, $20 Case, $15 Data Connect, and it's safe to assume that the free game will be $15 so $400 total.

Normal 3G/Wifi Bundle is $300 for 3G/Wifi, $30 for 8GB Memory Card, $15 Data Connect, $15 PSN game $360 value. If you buy Little Deviants at $30, and a case for $20 you pay $410.

So $10 less for the First Edition Bundle, 1 week early and only difference is a 4GB compared to 8GB memory card, where some of us don't even care because we preordered 32GB cards to go along with the bundle.

Your math shows the individual value of all items in the bundle, not the actual cost of the bundle/extras. Using your sentences and values as a basis:

The First Edition Bundle is $350 for 3G/Wifi Vita, Little Deviants, 4GB Memory Card, Case, Data Connect, and PSN game. (total cost $350, total value $400).

Normal 3G/Wifi Bundle is $300 for 3G/Wifi, 8GB Memory Card, Data Connect, PSN game. If you buy Little Deviants at $30, and a case for $20 you pay $350 (total cost $350, total value $410).

So it's the same total cost despite the new bundle being a higher value.  Basically, you choose between getting it 1 week early or getting a larger memory card.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 25 (2 Views)
0 Likes