Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 01 2013
By: Dubloon7 Lombax Warrior 232 posts

WHY NO Walking Dead Sale/Freebies (Eps 3-5)?

7 replies 268 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

Steam has a sale for the entire season 1 of the Walking Dead game for $12.50, AND Amazon is selling the PC version for the same price AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN! Why the hell do we not see any deals, more freebies for this game?

Seriously!

Even M360 users got this for practically $2.50/episode last month, and yet we see NOTHING.

**bleep**?  Seriously, W-T-F!

And when the F are we gonna actually see Last Guardian? When PS5 eventually rolls around?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (268 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11074 posts

Re: WHY NO Walking Dead Sale/Freebies (Eps 3-5)?

Feb 1, 2013

Even if Sony is aware about a fraction of the people that have yet to play the entire collection in The Walking Dead, it doesn't necessarily mean they're able to go through with arranging a deal for Plus users. They only gave us the first two games while they were out, and now we want the rest. Although we can lose our heads about this and essentially become like the walker monsters we fear, the I'm not sure that would solve anything. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Maybe we'll have to wait until the Summer to finally get our teeth chomping on the whole pile of Walking Dead games. Hope is the only thing we have. In a fragile state like the people of the game live in event by event, all there happens to be is hope and chances to get ourselves to the next waypoint out of living without the necessities of life (in this case being The Walking Dead game).

And like you, The Last Guardian is another game at the top of my radar. Wherever it may be, hopefully the game will find its place on store shelves sooner rather than never. It would be a shame to never play the #1 game on my list of PlayStation 3 must-haves. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Just shell out $15 for the last 3 episodes, it's well worth it, not to mention you would be supporting Tell
Tales games. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (239 Views)
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Jmes99 wrote:

Just shell out $15 for the last 3 episodes, it's well worth it, not to mention you would be supporting Tell
Tales games. 

that's most retarded idea i have ever heard.

why would i chalk up $15 for 3 episodes when the season pass cost $20 for all 5? i would rather wait to get these last 3 chapters for free/deeply discounted before i chalk up money knwing this season 1 is SO MUCH CHEAPER EVRYWHERE ELSE.

from what i experienced (chapters 1-2) this game is worth ONLY 1 playthru. i don't need to see all endings, i'll get the platinum with just 1 playthru.

$15 for 3? hell no. $0 for 5, YES PLEASE

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

Jmes99 wrote:

Tales games. 

why would i chalk up $15 for 3 episodes when the season pass cost $20 for all 5? i would rather wait to get these last 3 chapters for free/deeply discounted before i chalk up money knwing this season 1 is SO MUCH CHEAPER EVRYWHERE ELSE.

from what i experienced (chapters 1-2) this game is worth ONLY 1 playthru. i don't need to see all endings, i'll get the platinum with just 1 playthru.

Chances are that's not the most rearded thing you ever heard. No need to be rude. I actually bought the physical copy of the game fore 30 dollars even though i had played the first 2 episodes and in my personal opinion it was worth it. Might not be worth it to you from a financial standpoint, and thats cool but imo the experiance is one i enjoyed enough that i don't regret it in the least bit. I don't think anybody should prolong experiancing that game because of price points. Do yourself a favor and just buy the season pass and download all of them or pick up a used copy or rent it at a redbox.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (217 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

Jmes99 wrote:

Tales games. 

I think you're feeling a bit overly entitled there, buddy. Seriously though, just chill. We'll see a sale on the episodes sometime, I'm sure. Maybe for season 2 or the release of the FPS.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (203 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48582 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Sony has (or had) a bundle to get all the episodes for $20.00 @ one point.

Even still its 5 bucks an episode from sony and you said just one episode was 12.50 on steam? 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (193 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4545 posts

Feb 1, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Sony has (or had) a bundle to get all the episodes for $20.00 @ one point.

Even still its 5 bucks an episode from sony and you said just one episode was 12.50 on steam? 

OP said "the entire season," and that's accurate.  It has been on sale several times for that price, but I'm still waiting, mostly for having too many other games to play :smileytongue:.

To Dubloon7: I don't even understand why you were rude to Jmes99.  It was a reasonable suggestion.  You said, "why would i chalk up $15 for 3 episodes when the season pass cost $20 for all 5?"  Well, why would you spend $5 more for what you already have if you think it's only worth 1 playthrough?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (174 Views)