Treasure Hunter
7477 posts

Re: WHATS GOING ON WITH PSN?

Apr 5, 2011

ctfw529 wrote:

iBlackOpsFinest wrote:

http://i.afterdawn.com/storage/pictures/opsony.JPG

Click for info ... Its not an update. its a revolution.

lol, a revolution? that's funny. a pretty ****-poor revolution if you ask me. it's already over, sony has sorted out the issue and are now ddos attack-free. good job anonymous, you did a fine job of pissing off tons of gamers/users even while pissing off *real* devs & homebrew hobbyists, not to mention having the FBI take screenshots of all the irc channels which they will use to find and arrest as many as possible and even work with law enforcement in other countries to have people all over the world arrested for this. yeah, good job anonymous...     /sarcasm...

if you'd like to see the truth of the lawsuits, and not the rumors, here you go: otheros lawsuit - http://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/candce/3:2010cv01811/226894/ sony vs. geohot lawsuit - http://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/candce/3:2011cv00167/235965/

http://www.youtube.com/user/anonyops

This guy? Doesn't the fool knows that Sony can track down Youtube videos now? The hacker lives some where in the United States... Sony should banned his account for attacking this site and other sony sites...  time to sue

Message 11 of 22 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Apr 5, 2011

xaznboitonyx wrote:

ctfw529 wrote:

iBlackOpsFinest wrote:

http://i.afterdawn.com/storage/pictures/opsony.JPG

Click for info ... Its not an update. its a revolution.

lol, a revolution? that's funny. a pretty ****-poor revolution if you ask me. it's already over, sony has sorted out the issue and are now ddos attack-free. good job anonymous, you did a fine job of pissing off tons of gamers/users even while pissing off *real* devs & homebrew hobbyists, not to mention having the FBI take screenshots of all the irc channels which they will use to find and arrest as many as possible and even work with law enforcement in other countries to have people all over the world arrested for this. yeah, good job anonymous...     /sarcasm...

if you'd like to see the truth of the lawsuits, and not the rumors, here you go: otheros lawsuit - http://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/candce/3:2010cv01811/226894/ sony vs. geohot lawsuit - http://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/candce/3:2011cv00167/235965/

http://www.youtube.com/user/anonyops

This guy? Doesn't the fool knows that Sony can track down Youtube videos now? The hacker lives some where in the United States... Sony should banned his account for attacking this site and other sony sites...  time to sue

I'm pretty sure hackers who attack a billion dollar companies domain, know all about how youtube works. Time to sue.. just keep adding more logs into the fire.

Message 12 of 22 (44 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1138 posts

Apr 5, 2011

These hackers are pathetic! They say they are helping us by freeing us from Sony's so called grip. Ha Sony is only helping the community. The hackers are the kind of guys who hack games just to exploit multiplayer.

Message 13 of 22 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Apr 5, 2011

Doesn't matter either way to me, playing offline is more reliable than playing on servers. Lolz

Message 14 of 22 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
475 posts

Apr 6, 2011

nice pics

Message 15 of 22 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
475 posts

Apr 6, 2011

this happen to me to

Message 16 of 22 (44 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10753 posts

Apr 6, 2011

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

Well they have a point, Sony isn't all about helping the gamers, they are greedy *bleeps* epecially the corporate fat cats.   Also they do have a point that Sony has REMOVED many features that the PS3 started with, and were a part of its selling point.

(Backwards compatibility, other OS, to name a few that I'm aware of)

I'm in no way condoning what they did/are doing, I think they are idiots.   They have a valid point, but they should find a better way to try and go about it.   although thats a difficult thing to do, because I understand that Sony is a really large company that could easily quash any legitimate court case simply because they would have the funds to outlast any small fry trying to take them to court (for legmitimate reasons).

At the end of the day, the top people at Sony are greedy *bleeps* and these hackers are morons who think they are righteous. 

*sigh*

This is way to complicated, i'm going to just go play some video games.

while i agree with you on your thoughts about the anon group, i have to say i completely disagree with everything else in your post. i can't see how you have come to your conclusions of sony execs *just* being greedy. you bring up a couple of features added/removed, but i don't know if you know all of the facts of these things.

BC was never really *removed*, it was just discontinued, the people that bought the consoles that had it, still have it. i still have my 60 with it, even if it doesn't see games anymore and is only used as a BR-player. if people thought that BC was such a needed feature, then they should've bought one when it was offered. hell, you can still find them on ebay and such, albeit they are expensive.

otheros was removed for 1 reason only, and that was to protect the masses of legitimate users. geohot used it a year and a half ago to bypass the hypervisor (security) of the ps3. yes, the ps3 was still hacked, but that was the start of where we are now. the fact that he was able to bypass the HP means that when geohot had come up with a way to make the bypass/exploit easier for people to use, then we might be worse of than we are now, especially seeing as a German hacker is using geohots' HP knowledge to attempt to gain absolute, complete, unfettered access to the ps3. also, in case you didn't know, otheros was not in the ps3 when it first launched, it came a few months later after launch in an update.

another thing they removed through an update was the RSS feed. they did this obviously because not many people were using it. RSS was a fad and is something I, at least, don't see very much anymore on websites.

another thing was the removal of the ability of some 3rd-party peripherals to work. but, it was only non-liscensed peripherals. most still work. it was just another business move. why shouldn't a company get paid from legit companies when other companies try to make cheap counterfeit controllers that look/feel just like the real thing, but are cheap knock-offs that don't work as well.

in the end, we're all entitled to our opinions, and i'm not trying to change yours. i just wanted to make sure you had all of the facts. all of these moves are just simple business decisions that are made in order to maximize the companies profits. it's the exact same moves that copmpanies all over the world make everyday.

Message 17 of 22 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Apr 6, 2011

BGursky59 wrote:

These hackers are pathetic! They say they are helping us by freeing us from Sony's so called grip. Ha Sony is only helping the community. The hackers are the kind of guys who hack games just to exploit multiplayer.

Well they have a point, Sony isn't all about helping the gamers, they are greedy *bleeps* epecially the corporate fat cats.   Also they do have a point that Sony has REMOVED many features that the PS3 started with, and were a part of its selling point.

I'm in no way condoning what they did/are doing, I think they are idiots.   They have a valid point, but they should find a better way to try and go about it.   although thats a difficult thing to do, because I understand that Sony is a really large company that could easily quash any legitimate court case simply because they would have the funds to outlast any small fry trying to take them to court (for legmitimate reasons).

At the end of the day, the top people at Sony are greedy *bleeps* and these hackers are morons who think they are righteous. 

*sigh*

Message 18 of 22 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
434 posts

Apr 12, 2011

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

*sigh*

Your words has changed my life. I will go to college and study to be a priest.

-------

There are those who hate me, and those who truly despise me.
Message 19 of 22 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Apr 12, 2011

@ ctfw529

I may have been over zealous in my post, although I haven't changed my opinion entirely.   I had just finished reading an article about sony firing a large number of people, and had also recently read an article about CEOs and their excessive paychecks and benefits. 

I had a bit of an axe to grind when I made that post.

Message 20 of 22 (44 Views)
0 Likes