May 14 2012
By: lonewolf1994- Lombax Warrior 170 posts

WHAT ON GODS GREEN EARTH DID MY PS3 DO TO MY GAME?!

7 replies 63 views Edited May 14, 2012

so... i deicded to play some warhawk till starhawk decides to arrive at my doorstep. i haven't played warhawk in a few months, so it was nice to look at the games case. it brought back memories. i inserted the game and waited for it to load. suddenly my ps3 slim did a sound, it seemed like the ejecting sound but the game didn't eject. then i noticed, the game icon wasn't appearing on the screen.. so i thought the game must be dirty or something, (since i take REAL good care of my games) i took out the game and got ready to clean some dirt. i flipped my game disk around... and to my horror i see..

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7751/140520121643.jpg>

can i.. for the love of christ.. know what my ps3 did to my game? did it turn into a game killer?

Message 1 of 8 (63 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24534 posts

Re: WHAT ON GODS GREEN EARTH DID MY PS3 DO TO MY GAME?!

May 14, 2012

lonewolf1994- wrote:

so... i deicded to play some warhawk till starhawk decides to arrive at my doorstep. i haven't played warhawk in a few months, so it was nice to look at the games case. it brought back memories. i inserted the game and waited for it to load. suddenly my ps3 slim did a sound, it seemed like the ejecting sound but the game didn't eject. then i noticed, the game icon wasn't appearing on the screen.. so i thought the game must be dirty or something, (since i take REAL good care of my games) i took out the game and got ready to clean some dirt. i flipped my game disk around... and to my horror i see..

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7751/140520121643.jpg>

can i.. for the love of christ.. know what my ps3 did to my game? did it turn into a game killer?

Try another disc to find out.

Message 2 of 8 (63 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28544 posts

May 14, 2012

Just because you take good care of your games, doesn't mean that someone else does as well. Did you let someone "borrow" it and they proceeded to ravage it? Or does someone else have access to you game collection?

Message 3 of 8 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

May 14, 2012

i have seen similar things happen to people by not being careful from just removing the disk from its case,sometimes thos little tabs are stronger than the disk and this happens,i doubt the ps3 did this,in fact theres actually no way it could unless theres something else stuck in the drive..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 4 of 8 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

May 14, 2012

yeah man that crack it got, it cannot be PS3-made....are you sure it was in good conditions when you started playing?

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/psn/1189198/0/1.png?pyXeYCPAUR

Message 5 of 8 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

May 15, 2012

no one has access to my game collection ... however my dad does remove game disks from my ps3 to sometimes play a game.. and i did catch him leaving my game disks on tables without him putting them in the game case.. and i did tell him to start putting them in the cases.. i wonder if he placed it in the case violently causing it to crack... dam it.. anyway.. i'm glad you all agree that the ps3 cant do this.

luckly warhawk isn't expensive these days.. it was a good game to have in my collection. thanks for everyones help.

Message 6 of 8 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

May 16, 2012

i think its the game case the scratched it... cause im sure tha the ps3 dosent do that unless u shake it violently while the disc is spinning.. maybe ur dad or someone else did not do it carefully like they just jammed the disc into the holder or they took it out in the wrong way

Message 7 of 8 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2627 posts

May 16, 2012

kythunder wrote:

i have seen similar things happen to people by not being careful from just removing the disk from its case,sometimes thos little tabs are stronger than the disk and this happens,i doubt the ps3 did this,in fact theres actually no way it could unless theres something else stuck in the drive..

Agreed. The tabs in the boxes are extremely firm, and at times i use two hands to get my disks out.

To me, it seems you removed the game out of the box wrong and it got cracked. That crack is enough to put an air bubble between the film and the plastic of the disk. Once you put the game inside, something must have caught the uneven surface and ripped it off.

Message 8 of 8 (63 Views)
0 Likes