Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 08 2012
By: Wei-Tu-Phat First Son 3 posts

Vita support of psp and psone games

6 replies 144 views Edited Nov 8, 2012
Will the complete north american psp and psone library ever be available on the vita?
I don't care if i have to pay for a vita version. I just wish sony would quit thinking of america as a place to drop one rpg after another and
deliver on the handheld market. I bought a psp at launch and with the exception of 4 to 5 games i've regreted it. Now i'm beginning
to feel the same way with my vita. There are a lot of games on psn, but not many that i really give a **bleep** about. If sony is going to do a half
**bleep** job supporting the hardware they should quit now and let everone jailbreak their vita. At least that way i can feel like i got something
worthwhile for $300.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2607 posts

Re: Vita support of psp and psone games

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

That stuff takes time. They have to check the game again to make sure it doesn't have an exploit for people to hack the Vita with, and if it does they temporarily take it off the store to re-add it with any exploits gone. And really, the real support for Vita comes from the games that are actually released for them and not compatibility games for PSP and PSone. Plus RPGs are successful on PSP so of course they'd release more. And given that there isn't a lot of games that you like up there (I assume shooters?) doesn't mean that it deserves to be hacked.

Let's say you ran a store, and a consumer who invested in your store doesn't like it because you don't pack the complete variety of dog toothpaste available, so what you're saying is you should abandon the store and let him do a hostile take-over? Your logic is flawed.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (139 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Nov 8, 2012

90% of psone games don't hold up anyway. and there are only a handful of PSP titles the fans are really vocal about wanting.

TLDR: get over it braj. sounds like u didn't do ur research

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7556 posts

Nov 8, 2012
You just lost me on the "let everyone jailbreak their Vitas" part.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2465 posts

Nov 8, 2012
...jailbreak? What? For what? I mean...what~?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Don't get me wrong i would rather have quality vita games than psone or psp games. I would also rather have sony certified games than risk a jailbreak. I understand how long it takes to convert a psone game to the vita. But with hardly any good vita games and no not shooters. I've been playing more psp and psone games than vita games. Its not that it takes time for sony to transfer everthing over its that they don't think america is worth the labor. Look at what the uk and asia vita has. All i'm saying is support for the vita would grow faster if they got serious about supporting it instead of sitting on their hands waiting for demand.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Jailbreak, that word is so stupid and everybody says jailbreak. Only iPhone kids says jailbreak, the real term is HACK.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (83 Views)
0 Likes