Nov 22 2012
By: MeStinkBAD Lombax Warrior 228 posts

Vita's video playback speed indicator is backwords

1 replies 63 views Edited Nov 22, 2012

The Video Playback Control that appears over a video recently included a new control that allows you to adjust the speed of playback. It appears as a either "x1.5" or "x1.0" depending on the current playback rate. I've included an image of  the control below. 

ViTa_video_playback_speed_indicator.jpg

Now, as you can see, it states x1.5 for the playback speed. Except x1.5 means it's playing at normal speed while x1.0 indicates it's playing back 50% quicker.    I beleive the developers mistakenly think that it should act like the play/pause button, which represents the state the video is currently *not* in. (Play button = video is current paused). This is incredibly confusing. The x1.5 causes the user to beleive that the video is playing @ 150%. 

It's a "labled" button, and since it displays a possible playback rate, it should show the ACTIVE play rate. 

Message 1 of 2 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
796 posts

Re: Vita's video playback speed indicator is backwords

Nov 22, 2012

this came with the 1.8 update. i dont like it cause when watchig something i sometimes hit thekeys and the show speeds up.also noticed sometimes the video get glitchy and dont play right.

Message 2 of 2 (47 Views)
0 Likes