Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 22 2012
By: Techni Fender Bender 3458 posts

Vita playing PS3 games via RemotePlay

36 replies 1448 views Edited Jan 22, 2012

http://www.psvitavlog.com/playstation-vita-plays-ps3-games-video/

There's some videos of it playing games that don't even have RemotePlay enabled.

Thus proving Sony should just enable RP on all games

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 37 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: Vita playing PS3 games via RemotePlay

Jan 22, 2012

Techni wrote:

http://www.psvitavlog.com/playstation-vita-plays-ps3-games-video/

There's some videos of it playing games that don't even have RemotePlay enabled.

Thus proving Sony should just enable RP on all games

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/01/20/playstation-vita-plays-red-dead-batman-and-more-via-remot...

""""He did leave an unclear, cryptic message at the beginning of the Alice video in response to claims that his videos are fake, which makes no sense even when translated:

Is it remote play? Obviously, yes.

Is it fake? Did you have a dream? That maybe it was so real you couldn’t distinguish it from reality. And if you couldn’t wake up from this dream, how would you know if you’re not dreaming?

One more time, Sony does not tell the truth.

Homer49 also posted a video of Red Dead Redemption playing on the Vita, something that is supposedly possible on the PSP through custom firmware, along with Mortal Kombat

Now, it is important to note that, if real, the remote play ability is likely done via custom firmware on the PS3 (which we at PSLS do not endorse in any way, as it would break the Terms of Service for your PS3, and possibly brick the console), as “forced” Remote Play is possible on PSP for PS3 titles when custom firmware is used."""""

anyway that's what the article says.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 37 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Jan 22, 2012

I do not own a ps3.  IMO remote play is a complete waste of tech.  Why in the world would you want to play those games on the Vita when you can play them on a 60 in sharp.  How about we start talking about RED DEAD being a game on the VITA!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 37 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Jan 22, 2012

You're gonna bring your 60 inch tv with you on the go? Dont forget you dont have to be at home to use remote play. There are many reasons for it. Some people only have 1 TV and they can still play their PS3 games if someone else is watching something.

--------PlayStation All-Stars Arena-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, updates & fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 37 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Jan 22, 2012

If you had Red Dead as a game on your Vita..you could do all that without your ps3. Cloud like saves could even be possible.  IMO, remote play could keep devs from making independent games for the Vita...because ps3 owners will just play remote anyway with their console version of the game. So yeah, I'm going to lobby against it as much as possible. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 37 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 22, 2012

ummm i dont know if you know this but the ps3 renders the game and then displays the game to the ps vita...

meaning they cant just make a red dead game for the vita with the same graphics as the ps3. so the ps3 is important for the vita.

and you would need the disc in the game in order to remotely olay the game so ps3 users would not just abandon there ps3.

all in all, remote play is useful

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 37 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jan 22, 2012

Sony enables Remote Play for most PS3 games. Problem(partially) solved.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 37 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Jan 22, 2012

uummmmm you have to remember...there are a ton of xbox and nintendo people with their eye on this thing.  The ps3 would never be abandoned.    All in all remote play is useful..for ps3 owners.   IMO they can make a Vita game with graphics close to the ps3 but IMO they might not develop a game for the Vita that's similar to a ps3 title because ps3 owners can just play it remotely anyway.  PS3 makes up huge part of the market for the Vita..but there is a huge market for xbox and nintendo wanting developers to make Vita independent games.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 37 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jan 22, 2012

@Submission44 - Not sure why your so against remote play in general. Because if I am remembering correctly a few games like Resistance 2 and the PSP Resistance would link. Basically you put the game in the UMD drive and linked it while remotely connected to your PS3 with Resistance 2 launched (or something along those lines. Never did it, but heard about the stuff in the past). Then you got some extra game plot information and I think a skin. If developers were to do something similar and market their games correctly, it could infact incress PS Vita game sales. Seriously, look at stuff like Team Fortress 2, people buy games they never play just to get a freaking digital hat for TF2. Games that usally will not sale in large numbers have reached the top ten games being sold. When a game like Worms Reloaded can reach the number one saler slot for a little while on a none Steam sale period, it kind of tells you something. Just think if PS3 could make PS Home more popular and use this idea for selling games, digital clothing for the win I suppose.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 37 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Jan 22, 2012

I understand what you mean.  But, you have  to remember the psp resistance and resistance 2 were 2 seperate games.  Remote play doesn't require the Vita or the psp to have the game.  I'm all for having games link and getting extra stuff that's a win win for everyone.  Let me give you a better idea what i'm talking about.

Developer:  " Were thinking of making Skyrim for the Vita "

CEO :   " Let me get my research team on this "

Developer:  " Well what did the research team come up with?"

CEO:  " We are scratching this idea, the research team shows that the majority of our PS3 owners play this remotely" " Which cut's are possible sales on this game 38.456%

Developer :  " Wow,  there's still alot of xbox people that would buy it"

CEO: " Sorry not worth the risk "

Obviously this is just an example but, this is how I see it going down possibly.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 37 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes