First Son
23 posts

Re: Vita outsells 3DS this week, thanks to Soul Sacrifice.

Mar 15, 2013
price drop and new colors red,blue,silver looks to be gaining a fair amount of interest since they have been sold out for most of the time they have been available on amazon japan..
Message 31 of 53 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

Maybe Sony is planning on announcing a Vita price drop this E3. This could help the Vita even better. What do you all think?

Message 32 of 53 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Mar 15, 2013
I agree. Even though E3 is becoming less about hardware and more about software it would still be a good time to announce it. Everyone will be paying attention. Just hope it doesn't get drowned out by all the other news.
Message 33 of 53 (105 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

I also want to see a price cut for the memory cards.

Message 34 of 53 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Mar 15, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
With America and Europe both selling less than 10k PSVs weekly, you have to be in as much denial as Sony to think a price cut isn't needed. People won't pay the price Sony has set for the system + memcard; it's a reality~.

true , I was trying to make my friend buy PSV and after taking him to the store myself he stopped from buying the Vita simply after taking a long look at the games and the after checking the upcoming games and more important  because the very overpriced memory card + the system itself overpriced too especially the unknown future of the PSV it might turn to be a PS4 accessory especially now that we don't know any good upcoming titles other then SS and KZ , although I wish that he bought a PSV but at same time I don't blame him for not buying one 

Message 35 of 53 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Im still debating on purchasing the vita. Cross buy and Cross play are cool and those are the features I like about the portable system. Im waiting to hear more about the level of integration with the Vita and Ps4 before I make a decision to purchase one. That and well a price drop on the device and its memory cards...
Message 36 of 53 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2240 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013
Lol, I find it funny that you guys can talk about what it outsells willy nilly but what outsells it is forbidden. The reason if any its outsold 360? Is cause a ps3 with 500gig hd came out cheaper made came out. Sony fans buy all things, where 360 you don't need hard drive to play disks, only files. Different design
Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 37 of 53 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Mar 15, 2013

1. Stop being a fanboy and hating on other systems i.e. the 3ds and the 360

2.  How the system does in Japan is irrevelant in terms of getting games that north american consumers want to play. 

The psp sold well in Japan and there were alot of game developers in that are, who made games ex. Monster Hunter that the psp owners over there loved.  Over here in north america though most psp owners don't enjoy those types of games so by the end of its life cycle people were saying that the psp had a terrible game library.  So having good sales is Japan isn't going to translate to good sales here.

Message 38 of 53 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Mar 15, 2013
How the system does in Japan is relevant in terms of getting games since all North American / European consumers want to play JRPGs~.
Message 39 of 53 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Re: Is Vita finally having a renaissance moment in Japan?

Mar 15, 2013
No and no. SS moved a lot of units, but compartively speaking it sold less than what P4: The Golden and Project Diva did on their launch week. Price cut + software (SS, PSO2, the Tales of remake, Senran Kagura) are sure to boost sales, but without a steady influx of software sales will drop again (though nowhere near the 10k it was averaging)~.

The PSV has about 3 or 4 more games coming in Japan the next four weeks, after that and considering the 3DS is getting some heavyweight titles for the Japanese market I expect it to drop between 20k ~ 30k a week, which is still really good, mind you. But more software is needed~.
Message 40 of 53 (88 Views)
0 Likes