Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: Vita outsells 3DS this week, thanks to Soul Sacrifice.

Mar 13, 2013

Im really considering getting a Vita soon. in the next few months i'm going to be doing a lot of business trips an attending conventions so a Vita will be in my near future.... plus.... I gotta play those games they gave free to Plus members

Furiously Chaosing
Message 21 of 53 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Im really considering getting a Vita soon. in the next few months i'm going to be doing a lot of business trips an attending conventions so a Vita will be in my near future.... plus.... I gotta play those games they gave free to Plus members

You should have got one a few weeks back man, you would have a game frenzy, all these anniversary sales and plus this week on top of it was a ubisoft sale, it was amazing.

Message 22 of 53 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Mar 13, 2013
Seeing how strongly Sony is pushing for PS+, I'm sure we will see more deals for it as well as limited offers like getting +3 months from a yearly subscription~.
Message 23 of 53 (141 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Mar 13, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Hey mochuu, are mods going to be more present now?

Before the recent forum change, you guys never even popped in, except for the (VERY) occasional thread move or lock.

Or is this more of a temporary thing, as people get adjusted to the new layout?

well, I'm not so much a moderator; more of a community manager. (slight difference). But since the most relevant and popular PlayStation conversations are all on one space now, it's more likely that you'll see us around in these areas. So short answer, yeah you'll likely see us more just contibuting to conversations and helping to influence starting and continuing good PlayStation discussions. 

Message 24 of 53 (140 Views)
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Mar 14, 2013
Great news!! i hope the sales become consistent in the following months.
Message 25 of 53 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

I've said all along that SS would be a system pusher. Now let's hope that trend occurs in the US as well next month!

And in case you guys didn't see because of all the post bumping with the forum change, there's already some free DLC coming:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Soul-Sacrifice-First-DLC-Unveiled-FREE/m-...

Message 26 of 53 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

I wouldn't say that SS is a system pusher, the PSV sold barely more than last week which means the push SS had was as much as the one from PSO2 and Senran Kagura. A system seller is a game that just sells the charts on fire (think animal crossing, MH or Pokemon). Comparatively speaking, even when you add up the single version + dual version of SS it still sold less than P4: The Golden and Project Diva. Both games that sold 150k+ on their first week~.

New software + price cut = better sales. Alas, Sony is still being dumb and not cutting the price overseas. So I doubt we will see that effect in here come next April~.

That said, it's more software and of the good kind which will help keep this momentum for a couple more weeks~.

Message 27 of 53 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Mar 14, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

I wouldn't say that SS is a system pusher, the PSV sold barely more than last week which means the push SS had was as much as the one from PSO2 and Senran Kagura. A system seller is a game that just sells the charts on fire (think animal crossing, MH or Pokemon). Comparatively speaking, even when you add up the single version + dual version of SS it still sold less than P4: The Golden and Project Diva. Both games that sold 150k+ on their first week~.

New software + price cut = better sales. Alas, Sony is still being dumb and not cutting the price overseas. So I doubt we will see that effect in here come next April~.

That said, it's more software and of the good kind which will help keep this momentum for a couple more weeks~.

What makes you think that last week's sales weren't affected by SS either? It's not like the game was kept secret until release. Seeing how Vitas sold out in some Japan retailers even prior to the price cut, it would make sense that some people interested in the system and SS would buy the system when available instead of waiting and risking it being sold out.

As for the price cut, it's important to keep in mind that the price of the Vita prior to the cut was higher than in any other country due to the exchange rate. People seem to be forgetting that. I'm not saying a price cut shouldn't be made elsewhere in the world - obviously any price cut is appealing to most people - but it's not as needed as it was in Japan.

Message 28 of 53 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Mar 14, 2013
With America and Europe both selling less than 10k PSVs weekly, you have to be in as much denial as Sony to think a price cut isn't needed. People won't pay the price Sony has set for the system + memcard; it's a reality~.
Message 29 of 53 (75 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Is Vita finally having a renaissance moment in Japan?

Mar 15, 2013

After the price cut, the system has started selling really well, even outpacing 3ds sales this week in Japan! I don't think this sales uptick is momentary either, anectdotal evidence suggest its finally finding its audience, on amazon japan bestellers the Vita wifi models are consistently sold out.

In addition, original SCEJ ip Soul Sacrifice also debuted really strongly and there's a lot of buzz for this major title. With a steady stream of similar  'hunting/rpgs' and the successful launch of Soul Sacrifice, does anyone else think Sony is finally turning the Vita around towards the same trajectory of success they had with psp in Japan?  Has price cut worked the trick, is Soul Sacrifice really the Vita's 'golden ticket'? Smiley Tongue

Message 30 of 53 (117 Views)
0 Likes