PlayStation MVP
11241 posts

Re: Vita is not a failure

Aug 10, 2012

SkarEffect wrote:

The Vita just came out a few months ago and people are calling it a failure. Well mostly from Microsoft and Nintendo fanboys calling the vita a failure. Now if the handheld doesn't improve their game dictionary in a year or two, then I would call it a failure. Hopefully the people over at Sony would get games to release for it that makes people want to get a vita.

Unfortunately many were calling it a failure before it was even released in Japan. Then they started citing slow sales in Japan as being proof the Vita is a failure before it released world wide.

I have seen some well done commentary on the Vita and why some people find it lacking in areas. But most of what I've seen tends to fall in the "ohmahgawd vita r failz!!!" etc.... /eye roll/ Hard to respect an opinion that falls under "troll baiting" or "flame inciting".

Message 31 of 49 (234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Not a failure for me.  I love it and it loves me.  I am bounded by it.  It's precious to me...

And any one who sees me with it and I allow them to handle my precious, they learn to love it too.

They learn to understand its power.  

I take it back before it's too late and consumes them.

Though it has already consumed one 3DS player to switch to the PsVita.

Message 32 of 49 (228 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Aug 11, 2012
i played for years xbox and i left nintendo alone for months almost a year ago but i dont doubt the vita, so you forgot sony fanboys complain too. i been gaming for years. i started on atari playing PITFALL. i understand games take a while to get better. i love bud plants but i love them more when they start budding!
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 33 of 49 (223 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

Aug 11, 2012
Like ive said before people were singing doom and gloom for the 3DS and now look 10 million units same with the PSP 70 million units i mean with every new change (because people dont like change) they sing doom and gloom for whatever system so i dont subscribe to people who call it a failure before its even been out a year ATLEAST! A YEAR ignore the doom and gloomers we know we enjoy it i take mine with me even if im taking a s h i t it goes everywhere like all new technology you got to give it alittle time id hate for sony to get in the business of acting like apple or cell phone companys releasing something every few months therefor making previous stuff old tech they did good with the VITA i enjoy mine and since i got it at release i havent had any major problems with it i think they could make the content manager a full size computer program. and fix a few small bugs but otherwise i enjoy mine and i don't see me ever regretting my purchase i usually don't i do a lot of research before i get something and most importantly im patient with games i know it takes a lot to get them perfect
Message 34 of 49 (218 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12752 posts

Aug 11, 2012

xChrisGTRx wrote:
Like ive said before people were singing doom and gloom for the 3DS and now look 10 million units same with the PSP 70 million units i mean with every new change (because people dont like change) they sing doom and gloom for whatever system so i dont subscribe to people who call it a failure before its even been out a year ATLEAST! A YEAR ignore the doom and gloomers we know we enjoy it i take mine with me even if im taking a s h i t it goes everywhere like all new technology you got to give it alittle time id hate for sony to get in the business of acting like apple or cell phone companys releasing something every few months therefor making previous stuff old tech they did good with the VITA i enjoy mine and since i got it at release i havent had any major problems with it i think they could make the content manager a full size computer program. and fix a few small bugs but otherwise i enjoy mine and i don't see me ever regretting my purchase i usually don't i do a lot of research before i get something and most importantly im patient with games i know it takes a lot to get them perfect

Just to correct your statement, it's 19 million units, not 10.

But yeah, the Vita's just following the typical trend whenever some new gaming console/handheld is released

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 35 of 49 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Hero_of_winds wrote:

although i think the actual cheapest price for a Vita that can play games, watch youtube, and more is $269.92 USD I find myself using my vita more then my ps3 and ipod touch! I mean i bring my vita to the gym with me to listen to music while i work out more then my Ipod Touch!

I take mine with me on buses to work. You got some huge balls to take your VITA to the gym. It also depends on what is your routine though. But yea get some PSN titles like Dead Nation, Scott Pilgram, Journey, Flower, and many more to the VITA.

The Last Lone Wolf Vandalier
Message 36 of 49 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11241 posts

Aug 11, 2012

AlbaTron209 wrote:
i played for years xbox and i left nintendo alone for months almost a year ago but i dont doubt the vita, so you forgot sony fanboys complain too. i been gaming for years. i started on atari playing PITFALL. i understand games take a while to get better. i love bud plants but i love them more when they start budding!

I've seen plenty of Sony fanatics complaining about the Vita or any other competition. Some people are never happy with what they have. It's a sign of the times I think. The anonymous nature of the internet makes whining and complaining that much easier. It's easy to be hostile to faceless people. It's a lot harder to do that face to face where the other person can actually deck you for being insulting.

You and I are in the same boat. I've been gaming over 30 years. Started on the Atari 2600 when I was like 6 or 7. Games like Pitfall, RIver Raider, Plaque Attack, Pac-Man, Adventure and so forth. Bring in the NES and gaming took off big time. The Playstation brought it even further into the mainstream. Every generation starts off slow. By the end of that generation you have some of the greatest games out. There are always gems in the beginning too.

Message 37 of 49 (182 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Aug 11, 2012
in door is a nice way to grow. i got one out door from a random canabis baggie seed. it wide and about 3 ft tall. topped it. its a wait and hard to wait and gets unpatient, but thats the point.give it the right amount of time and then its perfect in the end! the vita just needs to flower then you will see its true colors.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 38 of 49 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Aug 11, 2012
This is a big thread that I made
Message 39 of 49 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Aug 11, 2012

naaaa the vita will fail, unless sony decides to start branching out more games for the vita or they can do a price drop to $199.00 USD because the difference between a ps3 and vita is that a vita doesnt come with a memory stick or built in memory storage so unless you want to play welcome park for the rest of your life the cheapest price of a Vita that can do more then welcome park is $269.92 USD and ps3 comes with built in memory storage.  I should of bought myself a 2nd Ipod Touch 8gb or a second PS3 160 gb then a Vita, but seeing as i was a huge uncharted fan I couldn't miss Golden Abyss.  And i knew sooner or later the Vita will be hacked and it is campable of playing ps3 games, so free ps3 games thats two only reason I bought it but for other people Don't even buy its not worth it just go get yourself a gym membership or take your girlfriend out to eat, or you know do something productive, but if you really want a Vita you can buy the vita with a memory stick but theres really no good games out yet.

Message 40 of 49 (164 Views)
0 Likes