Aug 08 2012
By: fairytailced I Only Post Everything 1018 posts

Vita is not a failure

48 replies 532 views Edited Aug 8, 2012

I saw a lot of articles saying the Vita when the same thing happened to the 3DS and the PSP which was a game desert and it took about a year and a price drop to make it the sucess and also the PSP so I think all it need is time and patience

Message 1 of 49 (532 Views)
Sackboy
573 posts

Re: Vita is not a failure

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2012

I enjoy your optimism!  Let's hope that Rain and Until Dawn are AAA PS Vita exclusives.  We shall hear more at Gamescom very soon.  I personally believe that the Vita has better games than the 3DS.  At least Sony is making profit per individual sale of the Vita, unlike Nintendo taking a $100 dollar loss on every one of their obsolete technological 3DSs.  Someone at Nintendo is unaware that there are cheaper newer parts out there for hardware.  As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo is digging their own grave, which is very sad for me since I grew up on the NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube (After the Gamecube I switched fully over to PC/PS3 gaming).

Raptr Forum Signature
Message 2 of 49 (517 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5560 posts

Aug 8, 2012

Simeon718 wrote:

I enjoy your optimism!  Let's hope that Rain and Until Dawn are AAA PS Vita exclusives.  We shall hear more at Gamescom very soon.  I personally believe that the Vita has better games than the 3DS.  At least Sony is making profit per individual sale of the Vita, unlike Nintendo taking a $100 dollar loss on every one of their obsolete technological 3DSs.  Someone at Nintendo is unaware that there are cheaper newer parts out there for hardware.  As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo is digging their own grave, which is very sad for me since I grew up on the NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube (After the Gamecube I switched fully over to PC/PS3 gaming).

Interesting, I didn't realize 3DS was being sold at a loss.  But it's not anymore, and it certainly wasn't a $100 loss (they were making a profit at the original price which was $80 more).

I agree that "all it need is time and patience."  There are some great titles coming and hopefully that will change things.

Message 3 of 49 (510 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Aug 8, 2012
Thanks
Message 4 of 49 (507 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Aug 8, 2012
I hope they do something big in gamescom pr in tgs
Message 5 of 49 (497 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 8, 2012
IMO it was unwise for Sony to launch the Vita in this region in March. Particularly because they didn't pace the software releases in an even manner, because now we are in a long lull of no new retail Vita releases.

Hopefully the Vita will get a second wind when AC3 and COD is released, but if sales don't pick up by the end of the year, it is not going to look good going forward...
Message 6 of 49 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
16262 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Worldwide sales of the Vita has NOT been good......

Even the PSP did better sales in a shorter period than the Vita, but the release of other handhelds were also closer to the winter holidays, as well as the advertisements on TV and movie theatres were constant. 
We have barely seen ANY Vita commercials. 

Might be just Sony is trying to get a headstart and waiting for the winter holidays to boost sales, but im not that optimistic.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 7 of 49 (478 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Aug 9, 2012

fairytailced wrote:

I saw a lot of articles saying the Vita when the same thing happened to the 3DS and the PSP which was a game desert and it took about a year and a price drop to make it the sucess and also the PSP so I think all it need is time and patience

If you haven't gotten the memo, this generation of gamers are all MBA's with deep investments into Sony Computer Entertainment, Microsoft & Nintendo. Hence why every gamer feels fully qualified to make mass generalizations on the status of the various companies and their products. It's no longer acceptable for a product to simply sell units, nope, now it has to shatter all expectation and sales records to be worthy of even the modest interest by said MBA's. All others spell *FAIL*... this generations favorite internet meme. 

Message 8 of 49 (471 Views)
MVP Support
12827 posts

Aug 9, 2012

What interests me is that the week the 3DS XL released in Japan, the 3DS hardware (and software) sales got a HUGE boost (230,000+ 3DS sales, 600,000+ Software for the week of July 28th)

I wonder if Sony plans to launch their own revision next year, and see if they can get more sales that way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 49 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Aug 9, 2012
sony would get more sales if they did a little advertising. i see ds commercials all the time and not one vita.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 10 of 49 (449 Views)