Sackboy
621 posts

Re: Vita getting trounced in Japan almost 2-1 by PSP???

Mar 24, 2012

FARGONATIVE wrote:

Dude you seriously crack me up.  A month ago you and other's here were telling us "how strong of release day games" the Vita had.  Most said it was easily the "best day 1 game lineup at release ever"....now, you're telling me it's not apparently.  Or not enough to outsell the 7 year old PSP. 

Bottom line is like I said, I believe it's bombing here as well.  My buddy is the Store Manager at a Super Target, and he's telling me it's bombing after week one was over.  Sony, and you, can tell me til you're blue in the face, "you're happy with the sales" but trust me, the sales here are dropping just as they did in Japan.  And in a few months, we'll see that impact I believe when the price drops.

And you're wrong as usual, I love Sony.  I have 2 PS3's, a PSP, a PS2 in my H2 for God's sakes, and buy Sony products religiously.  This isn't about being a "troll".  This is about being a realist.  Reality is, the Vita's not doing nearly as well as it should be.  Another reality is the Xbox is being owned in Japan by Sony.  It works both ways.

Bottom line is, I think the Vita is still going to succeed.  But at the same time, be realistic.  Right now it is sucking for air.  Here, and in Japan IMO....and while I can afford it as most of us on here can, I'm content holding off for the inevitable price drop, more new games to be released, and for Sony to continue to update it's firmware and the PSN....sure I might be missing out a little, but it's worth the wait for them to "right the ship" so to speak....

Your confusing the launch line up we were all saying being the best for USA/Europe, not so much for Japan as it was the same lineup and anyone that knows games, knows that none of those games would interest the quirky japanese.

Anyways.....so your going to wait for the 50 dollar price drop that will happen in a year? just to save 50 dollars.... you know you can just save up the money for a vita faster then that right? you say it will succeed, but still hold off. The psp cost the same as the Vita does now, and it didnt get a price drop until almost a year later.

Never know maybe you get lucky and it price drops in a month or two, highly doubt it, even if it was 6 months.. why wait 6 months to save 50 bucks.. I Highly doubt they drop the price by a 100. IMO

Honestly if i could tell sony to price drop one thing it would be memory cards..

Photobucket

Message 21 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Mar 24, 2012

and in other news the ps2 is still outselling something somewhere

Message 22 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Mar 24, 2012

If you already have a Vita then why the hell would you care about sales? I certainly don't. I care less now that I actually have one.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 23 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1727 posts

Mar 24, 2012

FARGONATIVE wrote:

The numbers don't lie.  It's bombing in Japan.

Blame it on Monster Hunter or whatever you want.  It's getting outsold by the freaking PSP at an almost 2-1 clip.  If you don't think that's epic fail, well, then you're not gonna ever be a math major....

And neither are you. WoolySpud is the math major in this thread. Citing a proportion like "2:1" does not indicate that the Vita sales are "epic fail." The proportion indicates nothing more than a relationship between the PSP and the Vita. One could point out that Androids outsell iPhones 1.5:1, for example, but would you suggest the iPhone is therefore an epic fail?

You also neglected data indicating that the Vita sales are beginning to trend upward. Why would you leave that out?

In any event, Sony is likely not complaining that the PSP is still selling. Leave it to a troll to find fault in that.

Message 24 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
29 posts

Mar 24, 2012

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

If you already have a Vita then why the hell would you care about sales? I certainly don't. I care less now that I actually have one.

The reason it affects all of you Vita owners and why you should be concerned is that you're all waiting for SO many good games to come out on Vita. Well, if Vita continues to sell like sh!t everywhere developers are gonna bail faster than you can say "Vita" and then you'll be stuck with a system with no games. No one wants to make games for a system that nobody owns.

Message 25 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Mar 24, 2012

Cool story bro.  I already have a Vita and a 3DS....so I don't really care.

Message 26 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Mar 24, 2012

Blame it on the fact that SONY still sells the PSP! (coupled with the fact that you can buy a PSP for half, or less than what the VITA costs). Remember when the PS3 first came out? SONY kept selling the PS2 and still made the game for the PS2, 2 years after the PS3 was introduced.  I have had my PS3 for 3 years, and I remember that we could still buy brand new games for the PS2 as well as the PS3...

To me, if I were SONY (yeah, I wish), I would have announced the VITA, and then told everybody "Look, you got 6 months to buy a PSP, after that, NO MORE PSPs. 

Anyway, this is my opinion...

CapnCwby1969 Trophy Card
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 27 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Mar 24, 2012

Fargo is still trolling vita threads. FARGO and you this stupid? Vita is outselling PSP by a 5:1 margin in the US and europe, Vita had no good japanese games at launch. It had a great launch lineup for the europe and western market, its not hard to understand, Sony even knows this, it will turn around in time.

Its not that un usual for the first few months for an older chaper system with a bigger library of games to sell  better then the new console, especially in Japan where PSp is still popular,

Your an idiot, Japan does not equal WORLD.

Message 28 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Mar 24, 2012

How is PSP and vita selling a bad thing LOL. Sony makes the PSP and ps2 and ps3 are both still selling, sony makes money off psp's when they sell them. Vita will over take PSP in time. Only a troll would say a Sony product selling is a bad thing LOL.

Message 29 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Mar 24, 2012

From the varous polls that magazines like Famitsu have taken it seems Japanese gamers are heavyly influenced by what their friends own which makes sense. If your big into Monster Hunter and your buddies go out to buy a 3DS with MH Tri G then odds are so will you. As much as I don't care for multiplayer games in Japan local multiplayer is a big thing. Since Nintendo has somehow managed to get Capcom to do Monster Hunter 4 on the 3DS it means Sony is going to need to find something else that will get people to invest in the Vita and the domino effect of friends that follow. The negative side effect of the Vita doing bad in Japan is that many 3rd party companies will be waiting or hesitante to release a game due to lack of sales, but the positive is that Sony is going to have to work that much harder and so is their 1st party studios to get people's attention. That always spells quality content for us gamers which of course is a good thing.

Message 30 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes