First Son
30 posts

Re: Vita getting trounced in Japan almost 2-1 by PSP???

Mar 23, 2012

monster hunter 3ds and monster hunter psp is all you need to know about japan when you see monster hunter vita psp and 3ds will fall by the way side.

the ps vita launch line up was tailored more towards western gamers.

Message 11 of 47 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Mar 23, 2012

sony would have been smart, and released the vita everywhere before christmas, so more people would buy.

Message 12 of 47 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
29 posts

Mar 23, 2012

Awol_Wolf wrote:

My thoughts exactly.... Always wondered why people care so much about sales numbers.. 3ds sold like crap at first.... well now look.

3DS had a big price drop.... And is outselling the Vita 6:1 in Japan.

Message 13 of 47 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Mar 23, 2012

Yeah and??? Lets take this into consideration,

1: The 3ds has been out longer than the vita so it has better games, patches, etc.

2: Since it has been out longer, the price has dropped so people who cannot afford higher prices bought the system.

3: It is a kid friendly system that has a price parents can most likely can afford.

Now the vita:

Just came out not many games that appeal to japanese audiences, just wait until a armored core, one peice, moster hunter, FF come onto the vita it will do much better in sales.

Message 14 of 47 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Mar 23, 2012

Ceodore wrote:

Awol_Wolf wrote:

My thoughts exactly.... Always wondered why people care so much about sales numbers.. 3ds sold like crap at first.... well now look.

3DS had a big price drop.... And is outselling the Vita 6:1 in Japan.

So your telling me that if the 3ds was still 250 and still had the games it has now (zelda, mario,RE, Kid Ikarus, One Piece,metal gear, monster hunter, the new pokemon, and more) it still wouldnt sell 6 to 1? in japan........... ya sorry man it would all those games appeal to the Japanese market.. guess waht games on the vita do now?..... NONE until the release something that does, just like monster hunter for psp , it wont sell well in Japan. thats just my opinion atleast.

Photobucket

Message 15 of 47 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Mar 24, 2012

Well, the 3ds kept pricing pretty close to that $250 mark until just before the launch of the Vita. Also, during that time frame they released a lot of big games. Nintendo played their cards well to steal the Vita's thunder. And it paid off. You have to give Nintendo the credit for a great strategy.

That said, I love my Vita. Absolutely the best handheld in history. It just needs the games to back it up, along with some apps I'm sure will make even more appealing to the general public.

I was playing with a 3ds a while back, and though it is pretty neat, it was a big step back from what the Vita offers as far as hardware goes. It finally got a Analog thumb slider like the PSP. The Vita's analog sticks are so weird at first, but are awesome once you get used to them.

Message 16 of 47 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Mar 24, 2012

COHEED__ wrote:

Well, the 3ds kept pricing pretty close to that $250 mark until just before the launch of the Vita. Also, during that time frame they released a lot of big games. Nintendo played their cards well to steal the Vita's thunder. And it paid off. You have to give Nintendo the credit for a great strategy.

That said, I love my Vita. Absolutely the best handheld in history. It just needs the games to back it up, along with some apps I'm sure will make even more appealing to the general public.

I was playing with a 3ds a while back, and though it is pretty neat, it was a big step back from what the Vita offers as far as hardware goes. It finally got a Analog thumb slider like the PSP. The Vita's analog sticks are so weird at first, but are awesome once you get used to them.

Honestly once this handheld picks up and gamers are coming out more then a few a month, I belive it will take off pretty well once big name and new games come out.

Photobucket

Message 17 of 47 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Mar 24, 2012

The numbers don't lie.  It's bombing in Japan.

Blame it on Monster Hunter or whatever you want.  It's getting outsold by the freaking PSP at an almost 2-1 clip.  If you don't think that's epic fail, well, then you're not gonna ever be a math major....

And I'm glad you paid attention in geography.  You're right, Japan is on the other side of the world!  Thanks for that confirmation but you're missing the point here.  Japan loves Sony.  The PS3 is outselling the X 27-1.  Yet the Vita can barely crack 10k in sales and getting thumped by the PSP??? 

You can only lie to yourself so much.  The Vita, right now, is not doing well.  I don't care if Sony tells us "how happy" they are with sales.  Enron told us the same thing at one point.  Bad analogy I know, but of course Sony isnt going to come out and tell us "they're disappointed" in sales....duh.

Bottom line is they better keep those updates coming.  I see more people posting stuff on here complaining about the Vita and the lack of apps, cross play, PS1 games, PSN and connectivity issues than people singing it's praises.  Again, you're not a math major(well, let's hope not) but there are a LOT of upset peeps....regardless of what you think, or say....nuff said.

I hope Sony get's it together, and the Vita could still be legendary....

Message 18 of 47 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Mar 24, 2012

Of course it may be bombing in japan and I do not even need to be smart to realize that they are bored with what that games they have, if you have noticed a few things about japan they are very picky about their games, and statistics show that monster, final fantasy, and armored core have a big impact over there, and guess what none of those games are on the vita, right now is not the right time to judge what the vita's sales are, wait till next christmas and come back and start doing what you love, because by then the vita will have all of the good firmware patches, a larger game library, and playstation suite.

Message 19 of 47 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Mar 24, 2012

Dude you seriously crack me up.  A month ago you and other's here were telling us "how strong of release day games" the Vita had.  Most said it was easily the "best day 1 game lineup at release ever"....now, you're telling me it's not apparently.  Or not enough to outsell the 7 year old PSP. 

Bottom line is like I said, I believe it's bombing here as well.  My buddy is the Store Manager at a Super Target, and he's telling me it's bombing after week one was over.  Sony, and you, can tell me til you're blue in the face, "you're happy with the sales" but trust me, the sales here are dropping just as they did in Japan.  And in a few months, we'll see that impact I believe when the price drops.

And you're wrong as usual, I love Sony.  I have 2 PS3's, a PSP, a PS2 in my H2 for God's sakes, and buy Sony products religiously.  This isn't about being a "troll".  This is about being a realist.  Reality is, the Vita's not doing nearly as well as it should be.  Another reality is the Xbox is being owned in Japan by Sony.  It works both ways.

Bottom line is, I think the Vita is still going to succeed.  But at the same time, be realistic.  Right now it is sucking for air.  Here, and in Japan IMO....and while I can afford it as most of us on here can, I'm content holding off for the inevitable price drop, more new games to be released, and for Sony to continue to update it's firmware and the PSN....sure I might be missing out a little, but it's worth the wait for them to "right the ship" so to speak....

Message 20 of 47 (1 View)
0 Likes