Highlighted
Feb 23 2012
By: Ming_Dragon Wastelander 842 posts

Vita doesn't actually drop your wireless connection!

10 replies 118 views Edited Feb 23, 2012

so I just noticed after playing a game of Rayman that my wireless was disconnected (There was no icon in the top left like their should have been) And i went to settings and it said Wi-Fi was not connected.

HOWEVER

Without re-connecting, i opened up the Browser and it immeadietly automatically re-connected me to Wi-Fi.

I believe the Vita shuts off Wi-fi if you haven't used in a certain period of time, and then re-connects to it when necessary.

People who are having DC problems may not actually be DC'ing.

I encourage anyone who is having a "DC Problem" to try this. They more then likely see the icon has disapeared, and then manually re-connect without opening anything necessary that needs wifi (thats my assumption).

Message 1 of 11 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Re: Vita doesn't actually drop your wireless connection!

Feb 23, 2012

Great work detective! I think the reason it disconnects so it'll save power when it's not needed.

Message 2 of 11 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Feb 23, 2012

^ Yes exactly

Message 3 of 11 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Can't tell if your being sarcastic or not.

Yes: Thats basically what I said: "...and then re-connects to it when necessary."

No: Thank you

Message 4 of 11 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Feb 23, 2012

The problem with that is you cannot see who comes online or not  and when you receive messages. You have to go all the way back out go into messages let it connect and refresh to find out if you received one it should stay on all the time only go out when you let it go into stand_by

Message 5 of 11 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Feb 23, 2012

I did as well, thought I didnt realize until I finsihed playing a game that requires no network features. >_<

Hopefully others who are having "Problems" see this.

Message 6 of 11 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Feb 23, 2012

I figured there's a reason behind that. You're welcome. ^^

@TMAZT3R: That is quite true, however there is still room for improvement, more options like 'disabling network when not in use' feature would be nice to include.

I wish to experience more of it's online capability, but sad to speak, where I am now is not possible to do so. I hope Sony will consider including additional network options before I get a chance to experience it on Vita.

Message 7 of 11 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Feb 23, 2012

I finally noticed it does not on unit 13, I just pressed the ps button in game and saw I still had a connection, it is not the games fault it is the messaging apps fault, it always makes you have to refresh to see if you got a message it should not have to do that to see if you got one they can fix that i think.

Message 8 of 11 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Ah, so this must be why I recieve messages hours after I receive them ;D it's those games that turn off network features lol

Message 9 of 11 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Feb 23, 2012

You still do not see messages even when playing games that do not disable them, it makes you have to refresh the app to see if you got one they need to fix it.

Message 10 of 11 (117 Views)
0 Likes