Aug 14 2012
By: slypherousS7even First Son 1 posts

Vita dead before it even got alive

10 replies 180 views Edited Aug 14, 2012
seriously...all the good games released for this thing are in japan. I dont even understand how they do this, when their sales over there were so horrible. i bought this stupid device expecting a few good games as i go along but yea, other than 1 or 2 startup titles that came out during launch, this system has been a major disappointment. I have long beaten the 4 games purchased and now the system sits on my shelf collecting dust. The thing that irks me the most is that i look at the JP psn and there are tons of games on there i would like to play but ofcourse not availbale to NA. With that said, yes i know sony is a japanese country but alot of their fan base resides here in the NA.

This is just a warning. If anyone is still wondering..the final word is to save your money. Dont buy this system, unless you like a 300 dollar dust collector after the firt 2-3 weeks you play with it.

I dont even use it for music...the process to add it to the **bleep** device is so stupid. Videos, forget about it. conversion takes too long. Finally...a browser that cannot even stream media....yea...just sighs all around.
Message 1 of 11 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Re: Vita dead before it even got alive

Aug 14, 2012
Well, at least for now. I always tell my friends to wait til more content is out. Other than that, the Vita is not a waste of money. I think of the Vita as a seed that will soon turn into a viewtiful sun flower.
Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 2 of 11 (172 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Aug 14, 2012
Ya so opinions are great and all but...you just seem like you bought a Vita soley to let it collect dust. I mean, 4 games? Pickiest. Gamer. Ever. You're just complaining for the sake of complaining

Message 3 of 11 (168 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Aug 14, 2012
Just waiting for Jet Set Radio in October. Then while my grades drop, I can recommend it to all I know.
Message 4 of 11 (167 Views)
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Aug 14, 2012
Viewtiful Josh just made a viewtiful joke ahhhh i see what you did there.... Kudos to you my good sir lol
Message 5 of 11 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11743 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Personally when I buy hardware, I do so figuring there's at least three good gaming reasons. One of the more common concerns for the Vita is that there just wasn't much of a launch or many anticipated games coming in the months afterward. The Vita came out with series' you might've already been familiar with, such as an Uncharted game, a Stardust HD game, and a ModNation Racers game.

Escape Plan and Gravity Rush are amongst the few known Vita-exclusives. If you're looking for games you can only find on your Vita, those would be a start. Resistance: Burning Skies is another one if you like the Resistance series. If you're not that attracted to many of these releases, I understand how you feel.

I've been having a similar struggle with the 3DS since late last year. Beyond the one game I bought with the device, I took the chance dreaming there'd be more of them released in 2012's early months (with titles like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and the Animal Crossing game hopeful for the spring). With the announcement that Luigi's next entry being delayed until 2013, this year has been without much to do pocket-wise.

One thing though is that the Vita is still in its early stages. The PSP didn't take off right away either. The hype was there, but again there wasn't a whole lot of reason to own one from the start unless you didn't mind blowing your load. Like other young hardware, the Vita's going to have to learn to crawl before it can walk. By next year you might be singing a different tune about a couple of more games you've added to your library. For now, we're all going to have to wait until those must-have Vita announcements come out of hiding.

Message 6 of 11 (146 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Aug 14, 2012
Assassin's Creed
PlayStation All-Stars
Call of Duty
LittleBigPlanet

Those all seem like must-have Vita announcements that have come out of hiding.
Message 7 of 11 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

You are totally wrong on this. The Vita will be a great system one day. The way the companies drag out hardware life cycles, this means it will reach it's peak in the year 2020. I will probably be dead by then and there will only be one developer for it, BUT, it will be great. Mark my words.....in my will and testament cause I won't be around to see it.

P.S....Sony, thank you for the honor of Beta testing your product since Feb. Can't wait to see the RTM product. =)

Message 8 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

Tyberis1 wrote:

You are totally wrong on this. The Vita will be a great system one day. The way the companies drag out hardware life cycles, this means it will reach it's peak in the year 2020. I will probably be dead by then and there will only be one developer for it, BUT, it will be great. Mark my words.....in my will and testament cause I won't be around to see it.

P.S....Sony, thank you for the honor of Beta testing your product since Feb. Can't wait to see the RTM product. =)

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 9 of 11 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Tyberis1 wrote:

Usually it's pretty hard to catch sarcasm online, but wow, that's some pretty heavy sarcasm.

Message 10 of 11 (72 Views)
0 Likes