Apr 26 2012
By: VengefulTorture Survivor 2631 posts

Vita Video Out Hypothesis

17 replies 10945 views Edited Apr 26, 2012

Just to set things straight first, i know the Vita apparently doesn't have any video out capabilities. However after some brief searching i found this AV cable for the vita from Japan: http://goo.gl/RpkHg

Thing is, no clue if it works at all, and i don't really want to buy one just to find out.

However, i then also saw that the PSP Go seemed to have a very similar cable to the Vita. Now i've actually never examined a Go very much, so i am not sure. Is there anyone that can verify if the Go and the Vita use the same charger adapter? If so, then theoretically (all Vita hardware/software limitations aside) couldn't this work as a Vita video out? http://goo.gl/q3E42

Perhaps I am just creating false hope, but if they are the same then i'd be more than willing to grab one and try it out. My only fear is that for the some reason the vita would not be able to recognize the cable and nothing would get registered to be set out.

Let me know what you think.

www.youtube.com/vengefultorture
Message 1 of 18 (10,945 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Re: Vita Video Out Hypothesis

Apr 26, 2012

Not sure if there is an after market japanese product which will work for video out on the PS Vita. I would think the multi-use slot located next the the game media port on the top edge of the Vita would be the most likely place that a video out cable and other accessories would be connected, but I have heard nothing on it being available. This is from the PlayStation Knoledge Center page off of the main PSN website located at this link: http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/list/?/kw/video%20out/search/1

• PS Vita TV/Video Out
    No, the PS Vita does not support any TV/Video out functionality. However, you can take screenshots from many games. To take a screenshot: Press the PS button and the Start...

Does the PS Vita support TV/Video out?

No, the PS Vita does not support any TV/Video out functionality. However, you can take screenshots from many games. 

To take a screenshot:

1. Press the PS button and the Start button at the same time.
  2. You can view the captured screenshots in (Photos).‎

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 2 of 18 (10,944 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2631 posts

Apr 27, 2012

yeah i have heard that same answer before. I was merely wondering since the "vita av cables" give the presumption that it could work.

Message 3 of 18 (10,944 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Apr 27, 2012

is a fake cable and the website is probably a scam. most websites that do not use paypal are scams

Message 4 of 18 (10,944 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Apr 27, 2012

I think that product is mislabed. If such a product were to come out, Sony would make it first, and then later you would get the Chinese knock-off.

Message 5 of 18 (10,944 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Apr 27, 2012

yep

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 6 of 18 (10,944 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Apr 27, 2012

"is a fake cable and the website is probably a scam. most websites that do not use paypal are scams"

It isnt a scam site, it is a wholesale marketing site. The site is merely a portal for retailers to hook up with this particular wholesale importer/ exporter. You cant buy anything from the site itself.

Whether the cable is real or not, is anyones guess.

Message 7 of 18 (10,944 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Apr 27, 2012

While the vita doesnt support AV out, there is a possibility that it could and possibly will in the future.

For those who had a psp go you would remember that the charger was very similar to that of the vita's, in that it was used to charge, transfer data (from pc, or ps3) and then a seperate cable that could be purchased that plugged into the same port for AV out.

The only reason i bring this up is because the vita already has audio out capabilities from the multi usb charging port. For those of you that have one of the official sony vita cradles, you will notice that there is no audio plug into the vita, only the multi usb plug. However the audio out plug on the back of the cradle still works meaning there is an audio out function in the multi usb port of the vita. Whether there is a video out remains to be seen but i think its a possibility.

Message 8 of 18 (10,944 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Apr 27, 2012

I tend to think that "mysterious" accessories port at the top of the Vita, will allow it to do video out....

Message 9 of 18 (10,944 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2631 posts

Apr 27, 2012

Could be the top accessory, and they just haven't announced anything yet. Could be the same case for the bottom, since it can do audio out.o

I just keep thinking back to my psp - they have video out capabilities through the headphone jack, who says we can't do it through the vita yet? There just may not be an adapter yet. Of course, if the PSP Go adapter fits... well maybe we do then. Can anyone verify if they are the same yet? They look so similar but my gamestop doesn't keep its accessories out to play with or compare.

Message 10 of 18 (10,944 Views)
0 Likes