Survivor
2597 posts

Re: Vita - The Parents Nightmare - Disgusted At Sony Once Again

Dec 6, 2012

Listen, about that Piracy issue. Sure you are not distrupting any data to anyone else, but can that be said the same of the next person? It's bad for business if you trust your customers 100%. That is why those restrictions are in place. And sure, you can use Windows on other computers, because they can see that you would use more then 1 computer. And think of that licensing key as an account. Sure you can use if as you pleased, but if you tried to use it without the key, it will not work. Yes content can be used on 2 Vitas, but that agreement is for the one account, not PSN as a whole. Sure each person gets the exact same agreement but it applies to them only. And back to the piracy issue, if I was not restricted by the account that has to use it, what is stopping me from uploading it to some sites for some other guys to download it as they please? Piracy is very much a reason why such restrictions are in place.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 61 (243 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Dec 6, 2012

As you've realized, of course, the digital content is much more limiting than physical copies.  You can't resell it, you can't play it with another ID, etc.  The activation limit is not really what's  relevant; the PS3 allowed multiple accounts on the system and the Vita does not. They definitely could've made it more convenient by allowing multiple users, but they didn't.

I think your situation is actually a perfect example of why you would want an account active on two devices.  You wanted to have a Vita for your son and one for your daughter - two Vitas with access to the same games.  However, you can only access digital content associated with one account; this includes PS+.  So, you put an account with PS+ on both devices.  Your son and daughter now have access to the same games and PS+.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 61 (242 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Its not a 2 Vita's allotment. Its a 2 Mobile Device Allotment.

You may only have 2 Mobile Devices associated with you PSN ID.

This covers PSP's and Vitas. you can have any combination of the 2 active at any one time. 

• 2 PSP's NO Vita's
  • 1 PSP and 1 Vita
  • 2 Vita's NO PSP's

When you purchase Digital media wether it be movies, Music ore Games; You are not purchasing that content. You are ONLY purchasing a liscense to use the content. There is a Difference. Your liscense to use the content is non transferable and is tied to your PSN ID. You may only use the content on a device that is active under your PSN ID and where that PSN ID is a User on the device. (If you delete the user account that is tied to a PSN ID that is the liscence holder for use of any content on your system, any content that was liscenced to that user will become unplayable for any remaining user on that PS3. Even if your PS3 is activated under your PSN ID,)

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 61 (236 Views)
PlayStation MVP
124 posts

Dec 6, 2012

WoolySpud..   You're correct with the combinations...  I have no other devices activated besides PS3's.

All others:

I paid for a license for the content to be activated on 2 devices.   This is not piracy...  give it up and learn what piracy actually is.   Game sharing is not piracy when it falls in line to the limitations of the license agreement.   The licesnse agreement is different from a user agreement.   User agreement restricts game sharing by limiting the number of activated devices.  I am not breaching the restriction.   Again and again...  no piracy involved.

There is no use of custom firmware here and a licsene for the content was leagaly  purchased. 

You are all failing by sticking up for Sony.   Corporate policies can change to satisfy the customer.  If you have children and plan to buy multiple Vitas, you should be concerned.   If you're not, than your throwing your money away.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 61 (222 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

endustry94 wrote:

WoolySpud..   You're correct with the combinations...  I have no other devices activated besides PS3's.

All others:

I paid for a license for the content to be activated on 2 devices.   This is not piracy...  give it up and learn what piracy actually is.   Game sharing is not piracy when it falls in line to the limitations of the license agreement.   The licesnse agreement is different from a user agreement.   User agreement restricts game sharing by limiting the number of activated devices.  I am not breaching the restriction.   Again and again...  no piracy involved.

There is no use of custom firmware here and a licsene for the content was leagaly  purchased. 

You are all failing by sticking up for Sony.   Corporate policies can change to satisfy the customer.  If you have children and plan to buy multiple Vitas, you should be concerned.   If you're not, than your throwing your money away.

I don't have much good to add but I feel you entirely blaming Sony for this is somewhat ridiculous. Out of all the corporate greed Sony's by far bothers me the least but that is besides the point. When you buy the Vita or you purcahse these games they obviously come with some type of rules or TOS.

It's like buying anything really. You signed for it yet you did not read what you had signed for, so how is that Sony's fault when they specifically state how this digital media is used and will be used before your purchase?

You are right but it isn't your, you're throwing your money away at the point on your own by not reading any of the agreements. I would love to sit and talk about how much I have been robbed by Nexon but at the end of the day I signed a TOS before making an account with them that pretty much gives them right to do anything they want with my money.

I could understand if there was literally no where you could read these agreements or had no idea how it worked at all but you did and this was well before you had ever spent money. All of this could have been researched before hand and it would have saved you, your money.

I am not even sticking up for Sony I am just saying all user agreements are the same, for people to read before they agree to them. So at that point you should be well aware of what these devices are restricted to or how they work before buying them.

In other words how is it really greed or being ripped off in any sense when they practically warned you before hand?

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 61 (218 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
124 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Greets ProfessorGerbik,  glad you decidedto join the conversation.

Please look at the pic contained below which has the purchase agreement in the discription.  The print says 2 consoles which are associated with the purcahse account.   While the disclaimer does not refer that it is authorized for mutilple accounts...   we all know that 2 PS3 can access the game with different user ID's.

Please compare the 2 pics and maybe you can understand the difference between how a PS3 accesses content on 2 devices versus the VIta.

psn1.JPG

psn2.JPG

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 61 (207 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
124 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Also, if you notice the NFS agreement was an agreement which allowed to be accessed on both Vita and PS3 which was quickly pulled from the PSN agreement...  which is an entire different complaint to Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 61 (205 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11453 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Well now you know to do research before going off and buying stuff ASSUMING things.

We all know what happens when you assume.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 61 (193 Views)
PlayStation MVP
124 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Assume? Lol!

Tell me the difference between a PS3 and Vita within the purchase agreement which is displayed in the picture.

I suggest taking a course on general management. The problem is customer confidence has been lost. After various complaints with Sony changing agreements of its user base, I have lost respect with Sony and their loyalty to its customer community.

All purchases should be simple and easy for the customer or customers will lose confidence with future purchasing.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 61 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
999 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2012

endustry94 wrote:

Well, another consumer nightmare from Sony.

DO NOT BUY PSN DIGITAL GAMES FOR THE VITA!

One PSN ID is absurd.  One PSN ID does not make sense.  I have purchased a second PS Vita and none of the games can be used between my two children and the PS Vita’s unless one ID is signed into both portable consoles.  This means my son and daughter cannot each get their own trophies for games which I have purchased.   Now my two children are fighting over Assassins Creed saying, “you better not get my trophies” while the other is arguing that I can even get trophies because the other already collected them.

Thank you Sony for ruining the holidays and smashing the dreams of my daughter. 

You are right, this has nothing to do with piracy. You are right, one PSN ID per card is absurd.

But, how long have we the all known this? Before the PlayStation Vita was out, we already knew that the memory cards of Vita will be expensive. We also knew that one account will be tied per card. We already knew that this was a method to fight back piracy against people using multiple accounts on the same memory card as a method for only buying one copy of a game and distributing it amongst themselves somehow.   

Now let's examine your post. 

endustry94 wrote:

Sony has misled the consumer with the terms of the purchase agreement.  Please understand that I have purchased various PS3 games on the PSN and have the activated on TWO PS3’s PSN digital games work out great for my children as I purchase one game and they can each sign-in with individual PSN accounts and obtain trophies for purchased games as well as challenge each other with multiplayer games.   This is not the case for the Vita.  The PS Vita terms of use state that I am allowed to activate “2” vitas my account which is very misleading to the consumer.

Ahh i see, Two Ps3s? Both with individual account? One primary account buys the game and another account has access to it? You can obtain trophies too!? AND PLAY MULTIPLAYER!?  Please explain to me how you did this. 

endustry94 wrote:
Thank you for your understanding.

Hacking and exploiting the PSP has nothing to do with 2 PSN ID's being allowed to be signed into 2 PS Vitas which are allowed to be activated according to the PSN TOS.

Again, the legitimate user who has spent money is the one that suffers.

This is just corporate greed. This does not prevent me from purchasing the physical version of the game which can be used on 2 separate accounts and also allows me to "re-sell" the game after finished.

Sony fails again... more money lost for them...

Once again, you are correct about hacking and exploiting. Hacking has nothing related to 2 PSN ID's having game to play against eachother, you know its the good stuff right? Exploiting kernel data or anything like that blah blah blah. 

Wait, are you saying that 2 accounts play the same game But aren't the same people who got the game!?  So instead of buying two games for the consoles you are buying one game and then sharing it to another account. For your children to play against each other of course. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT IS PIRACY?

Music theft is a real, ongoing and evolving challenge. Both the volume of music acquired illegally without paying for it and the resulting drop in revenues are staggering. Digital sales, while on the rise, are not making up the difference.

Common Examples of Online Copyright Infringement:

• You make an MP3 copy of a song because the CD you bought expressly permits you to do so. But then you put your MP3 copy on the Internet, using a file-sharing network, so that millions of other people can download it.
  • Even if you don’t illegally offer recordings to others, you join a file-sharing network and download unauthorized copies of all the copyrighted music you want for free from the computers of other network members.
  • In order to gain access to copyrighted music on the computers of other network members, you pay a fee to join a file-sharing network that isn’t authorized to distribute or make copies of copyrighted music. Then you download unauthorized copies of all the music you want.
  • You transfer copyrighted music using an instant messenging service.
  • You have a computer with a CD burner, which you use to burn copies of music you have downloaded onto writable CDs for all of your friends.
  • Somebody you don’t even know e-mails you a copy of a copyrighted song and then you turn around and e-mail copies to all of your friends.

Bottom line...  I am not distributing any data...  I PURCHASED ALL CONTENT ON MY ACCOUNT.  Stop with the piracy protection rant.  It's apples and oranges.  I am not pirating.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oyi oyi oyi, come down. No need to bring up the wrong article about your situation.

You are purchasing all games on one account  which is good but instead of following the rules of your primary account being only activated with other Ps3s, you are giving your [daughter, whom so ever] Ps3 the advantage of having the primary accounts purchase and then allowing the person to set it as their game. As a game developer, i applaud you for showing your situation in a whole different way. 

endustry94 wrote:

Rasomi:

First, this has nothing to do with piracy.   I have been purchasing PS3 games on the PS3 for several years which once allowed games to be activated on 5 PS3's.  Later, Sony changed to TOS to only allow 2 PS3's versus 5 as software developers were claiming lost profit from the generous policy.  

My terms of service state that I am allowed to activate on 2 PS3's and 2 PS Vita's...   This is not piracy...  I own the rights to the game.  Sony is restricting my use.  This policy was not provided to me prior to purchasing the first PS Vita which was purchased on launch day.  

I am not at fault for lack of research...  I had purchased various titles on the PS3 which are allowed to be accessed with several different users only limited to the 2 consoles.   The same should policy was expected on the Vita.  The 2 PS Vita restirction prevents people from "sharing" games...  Vita's have a MAC address can be rights can be restricted to 2 only 2 Vitas which will prevent "game sharing".   My purcahse agreement states that I am allowed to access the content on to different portable systems...  and I can...  but with limited use....   This violates my purchase agreement.  Again...  I can purcahse the physical game card and my 2 kids can collect trophies on the seperate game ID's.    this is not piracy...  I own the game.

Hm you seem to not understand the terms when it comes to not only PlayStation, but Xbox as well. Here i shall explain you into a simplier much more easier way to understand. 

You have 4 friends Billy Milly Jilly Gilly Filly 

Now Billy buys a game and is excited about it. He's having a orgamestic joy over playing it. Now his friends want the game as well but dont got the money to buy it like most children. So billy gameshares.

Billy signs into Milly's Ps3, and she gets the game.

Billy signs into Jilly's Ps3 , and he gets the game.

Billy signs into Gilly's Ps3, and he gets the game,

Billy signs into Filly's Ps3, and he gets the game.

Now this is the situation. Billy "Distrubuted" his content to Milly, Jilly,Gilly, and Filly. Now this is NOT allowed. 

This is what the term of having "5 activeted Ps3s"

• Billy signs into Milly's ps3 and he plays with his account on her Ps3. Meaning she doesn't access his download history to download the new game that Billy has.
  • Billy sigss into Jilly's Ps3 and he plays with his account on his Ps3. Meaning he doesn't access his download history in order to get the game for free.
  • Billy signs into Gilly's Ps3, and he plays with his account on his Ps3. Meaning he doesn't go downloading Billy's purchased game from his downloaded history.
  • Billy signs into Filly's Ps3, and he plays with his account on his Ps3. Meaning Filly doesn't commit GameSharing were he does not cheat the developer in getting a free game from one purchasing it. 

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 61 (176 Views)