Highlighted
Feb 22 2012
By: CircleBoi6 Uncharted Territory 2011 posts

Vita Remote Play Question

7 replies 112 views Edited Feb 22, 2012

I know a couple of people who got a Vita today, and they keep asking about the remote play feature. They are trying to find out why they can't remote play some of their games. I have an Idea that it just can't remote play all games yet, but I decided to ask first for a better answer.

Message 1 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Re: Vita Remote Play Question

Feb 22, 2012

Currently there are only a couple games that take advantage of the cross play feature remote play works i think your refering to cross play.Remote play is where you can access ur system on ur video and look at any media on  it.Cross play is a game u can play on the ps3 and pick up on ur vita or play against others on vita or ps3.They released a couple games that take advantage of this with the vitas launch and ur friends can buy them in the ps store.

Message 2 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Remote Play is very limited at this point ...

I experimented some with download games, and found that PSOne Classics (specifically Final Fantasy V), PixelJunk Monsters, PixelJunk Shooter (but not the sequel), and High Stakes Bowling all played successfully.

There are probably others as well, but I don't own them, and I have not attempted to start throwing in every PS3 (disk) game that I own to see if any of those will work.

As Poozilla024 said, if you are talking about Cross Play, that is also limited.  The official'ish blog mentions a few of the games with this feature.

Message 3 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Thanks for asking. I'm very interested in this as well. I have 4 small children and oddly enough I am the only gamer in the house. I have so many awesome PS3 titles that I haven't even been able to touch due to family obligations. We have plenty of televisions in the house and I have game systems in several of the rooms, but it doesn't feel right to sit in one of them alone and just play games. With that said, The idea that I could sit on the couch with my children while they watch Spongebob and actually play my PS3 games is AWESOME! For Christmas my wife picked me up Rage, Uncharted 3, MW3, Battlefield 3, Resistance 3, Batman Arkum City as well as several older titles I hadn't yet had the opportunity to play like KZ3, Borderlands and Red Faction Armageddon. So I am quite behind in my gaming... with that said, I picked up my Vita yesterday and grabbed a handful of games (Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden, Mod Nation Racers, Little Deviants) which are all great I'm sure, but I'd really like to get to play some of my PS3 games. Last night, I set up my Vita for remote play and tested every game listed here and more, and none worked. In one of the trailers I saw for the Vita, they showed KZ3 being played so I was disappointed when it would not. Any information as to when this feature will be available is greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 23, 2012

I wasn't able to get any of my PS3 games to work with remote play. The list includes:

-Dragon Age: Origins

-Dragon Age: Awakening

-Dragon Age 2

-Assassins Creed

-Little Big Planet

-Little Big Planet 2

-Dark Souls

-Demon's Souls

-Uncharted

I was disappointed but I'm sure support will come around.

Is your name Hadouken? Because you look down-right fierce!
Message 5 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Feb 23, 2012

lol. I don't have one yet. I was asking because I know a couple of people who bought one release day & they were excited for remote play.

Message 6 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Thanks everyone. I think I have a better understanding of it now.

Message 7 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
431 posts

Feb 23, 2012

RemotePlay will most likely NEVER work for all / most ps3 games.  I dont think sony ever said it would.  That was just an internet rumor. 

It would have been cool but it will not happen.   I am sorry if you purchased the vita just to do this.  I would be willing to take it off your hands for a fair price.

Message 8 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes