May 17 2013
By: Blaze_Octane44 Sackboy 569 posts

Vita Reliability Review

12 replies 696 views Edited May 17, 2013

This review is soley based on longevity with no physical promblems. I have bought n owned my Playstation Vita since the early release version launch on Feb 15 2012. I can honestly say that my vita has literally been on or in standby mode for 10-24hrs a day. With it being used for 11-15 hrs pretty consistently (i have a job where inbetween jobs im using it, running 11hr shifts). I use ut for playing games....surfing the net....netflix....movies...facebook....twitter...email...u name it, it has been my go to device.. I can rough calculate my vita has been running or in standby for close to 10000hours year to date. Still running and perfirming top notch. All buttons working, joysticks intact, touchscreen and touchpad very much responsive, and gorgeous oled screen just as visually pleasing as day one. One of my day one concerns was the thin (what) i thought was flimsy game cover door covers would break quite quickly. Happy to report they working fine with no chipping or cracking. Only once have i dropped my vita on cement about 3ft high and works fine...happened bout 8months ago. I would never think this system could run or b in standby this hardcore with no promblems such as overheating or just plain wear out. as im probably a exception to the rule on how much usage my vita sees! Anyway to all my vita owners dont worry this thing is truly built to run n run n run without fail. Happy Gaming!!!!!

Gamer till the End
Message 1 of 13 (696 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: Vita Reliability Review

May 18, 2013

Thanks for sharing this! Smiley Happy I am glad that the Vita is built to last. I am very careful with my VIta and I love it! 

Message 2 of 13 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

May 18, 2013

As a new PSV owner, I am very happy to read this.

I've only owned mine for 4 days, and I treat it like a new born baby.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 3 of 13 (649 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

May 18, 2013

Blaze_Octane44 wrote:

This review is soley based on longevity with no physical promblems. I have bought n owned my Playstation Vita since the early release version launch on Feb 15 2012. I can honestly say that my vita has literally been on or in standby mode for 10-24hrs a day. With it being used for 11-15 hrs pretty consistently (i have a job where inbetween jobs im using it, running 11hr shifts). I use ut for playing games....surfing the net....netflix....movies...facebook....twitter...email...u name it, it has been my go to device.. I can rough calculate my vita has been running or in standby for close to 10000hours year to date. Still running and perfirming top notch. All buttons working, joysticks intact, touchscreen and touchpad very much responsive, and gorgeous oled screen just as visually pleasing as day one. One of my day one concerns was the thin (what) i thought was flimsy game cover door covers would break quite quickly. Happy to report they working fine with no chipping or cracking. Only once have i dropped my vita on cement about 3ft high and works fine...happened bout 8months ago. I would never think this system could run or b in standby this hardcore with no promblems such as overheating or just plain wear out. as im probably a exception to the rule on how much usage my vita sees! Anyway to all my vita owners dont worry this thing is truly built to run n run n run without fail. Happy Gaming!!!!!

surfing the net is the only thing I don't agree with you , TBH it's not very bad , but it could have been done better , I don't like it when I have to go delete the web history and cookies every 10-15 minutes to keep surfing the net , don't know about you guys but I have to do that alot on my vita.

Message 4 of 13 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

May 30, 2013
@zack2091 Keep in mind i wasnt reviewing how grt the browser is but the reliability of the vita based on longevity. Hours upon hours of constant usage, buttons, touchscreen ect. with that being said im happy with the browser but ur right it could b a touch better. It seems to get better with each sony update on vita!!!
Gamer till the End
Message 5 of 13 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

I would of got one of these maybe?  I seen though that alot of games that came out for it, i had on ps3 though and that to me is crap.  I know you dont have to buy the ps3 remakes for vita but i want to see originally not remakes.

This is my review.

Dont try to go stealing it or anything.  I know how everyone loves stealing ideas and things from people for that mighty dollar.  Some is legal stealing some is illegal stealing?  Stealing is stealing though, in my book.

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 6 of 13 (565 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

May 30, 2013

I have the 3G model and I do the same as you. Now I hope they push the non gaming app too. like checking on the weather and calendar they already have note taking but I want more non gaming App. 

And a more smother browers

Message 7 of 13 (546 Views)
I Only Post Everything
881 posts

May 30, 2013

Good to hear.

Message 8 of 13 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

May 30, 2013

I've had my Vita since last year's US launch and I've dropped my Vita several times with no troubles. I also never turn my system off. It goes into standbye, and I use it every day for at least 2 - 4 hours at night for music, if not more than that depending on what I'm playing at the time. My only issue is the triangle button gets stuck from time to time for a moment or so, but rarely impacts gaming.

Message 9 of 13 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

May 31, 2013

I bought the COSMOS ® Black Aluminum metallic protection hard case for my vita when I got my 3g/Vita on launch day, the only problem I have had is the (paint?) on the top of my Vita around the power and volume buttons has worn down due to the cases design and my large fingers.

Message 10 of 13 (492 Views)
0 Likes