Dec 03 2013
By: tcooley2003 First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

Vita / PS4 remote play issue

2 replies 175 views Edited Dec 3, 2013

I can connect my PS Vita and PS4 when at home under the same wifi network, however, it will not connect via internet.

I have already made sure [Settings] > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Standby Mode] > [Enable Turning on PS4 from Network] is set properly.

My PS4 is my is my Primary PS4 as well as it is in standby mode.

My PS Vita searches locally and then it searches via Internet and I eventually get a screen saying it could not conect to the PS4 system.

Am I missing something or is there anything else that needs set or can cause this issue?

Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Vita / PS4 remote play issue

Dec 3, 2013

Make sure you're using a router that supports uPnP. I have an Airport Extreme and although it does not support uPnP, I got around it by using an older router as my firewall and using the Airport Extreme as my wifi hotspot. Now Remote Play works flawlessly!

Good luck!!

Message 2 of 3 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: Vita / PS4 remote play issue

Dec 3, 2013

oh thanks!  That helps.  I will check this setting tonight. At one point I was having issue with my router and was messing with settings to try and find the issue it was having so I very well may have turned this off and not realized it or forgot to turn it back on.

Message 3 of 3 (167 Views)
0 Likes