Reply
Sep 12 2013
By: motell6 Uncharted Territory 1465 posts
Offline

Vita Modification

9 replies 256 views Edited Sep 12, 2013

why in the hell did they not change the speaker position since they remodeled the thing? considering how disappointed i was in the volume in itself, the fact that your hands cover half of the speaker while your playing, im hugely disappointed that it doesnt seem addressed in the vita remake...i wouldve considered trading mine and purchasing the new one with this upgrade

 

sucks sucks

 

thoughts?

 photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 1 of 10 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/11/2013
Online
4670 posts
 

Re: Vita Modification

Sep 12, 2013

Moving the speakers should have been done, no idea on why Sony decided they should stay where they are. 

Message 2 of 10 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Offline
4073 posts
 

Re: Vita Modification

Sep 12, 2013

I personally don't have a problem with where they are. FWIW

Message 3 of 10 (245 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/20/2006
Offline
1491 posts
 

Re: Vita Modification

Sep 12, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

I personally don't have a problem with where they are. FWIW


Word I love my Vita and honestly majority of the time my volume is off and im listening to music haha but I could see where people would be upset with the speaker placement even for a second time lol

Message 4 of 10 (234 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/04/2013
Offline
1465 posts
 

Re: Vita Modification

Sep 12, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

I personally don't have a problem with where they are. FWIW


its worth nothing but what you value it yourself =P

typcially i just use headphones but when i dont or cant , i can barely hear character dialog which gets annoying!

 photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 5 of 10 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/07/2009
Online
790 posts
 

Re: Vita Modification

Sep 12, 2013
i dont mind the volume or where the speakers r, it isnt a big deal.
Message 6 of 10 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Offline
4073 posts
 

Re: Vita Modification

Sep 12, 2013

motell6 wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

I personally don't have a problem with where they are. FWIW


its worth nothing but what you value it yourself =P

typcially i just use headphones but when i dont or cant , i can barely hear character dialog which gets annoying!


Oh, that's not speaker placement, it's power of the built in speaker volume! LOL Robot wink

 

Most games if you want to really hear them, earphones are what one needs to utilize.

Message 7 of 10 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/04/2013
Offline
1465 posts
 

Re: Vita Modification

Sep 12, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

motell6 wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

I personally don't have a problem with where they are. FWIW


its worth nothing but what you value it yourself =P

typcially i just use headphones but when i dont or cant , i can barely hear character dialog which gets annoying!


Oh, that's not speaker placement, it's power of the built in speaker volume! LOL Robot wink

 

Most games if you want to really hear them, earphones are what one needs to utilize.


well my hand Does partially cover the speaker so i can hear it muffle the sound compared to not holding it but i know dialog will always sound better inside your ear lol

 photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 8 of 10 (211 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Offline
4073 posts
 

Re: Vita Modification

Sep 12, 2013

Subion wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

I personally don't have a problem with where they are. FWIW


Word I love my Vita and honestly majority of the time my volume is off and im listening to music haha but I could see where people would be upset with the speaker placement even for a second time lol


I have my volume really low or off, and listen to music over my stereo speakers from my computer as I play often.

 

I understand how some are upset by the placement and moreso at the second time doing it similar, but I personally don't have a problem with it on my original PCH-1101 in the first place.

 

What I don't like though is the circular design of the speaker holes on the PCH-2000. Mirrors the problem with the UI (round bubbles.)

Message 9 of 10 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
2032 posts
 

Re: Vita Modification

Sep 12, 2013
use headphones if you cant hear. also, i can always hear the music (without headphones (which i never use)) except when im in the bathroom and the fans on. That thing was made for noise cancellation, not "smell repellant"
Message 10 of 10 (174 Views)