Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
32 posts

Re: Vita Games Reviews Thread

Nov 1, 2012
I just finish the game today and i have a ton of question too like,what is Kat real name, how in the end will she die, who was that woman in the castle and snow globe and what is a creator. But I realize Sony may answer the question with Gravity Rush with new people and enemies to fight.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 86 (1,155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Nov 1, 2012

@ShizuruChan, Great review

@Gabberwolfi, Ya that was the only big problem that I had with Gravity Rush

Photobucket
psvitaheaven.wordpress.com

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 86 (1,123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Nov 2, 2012
I do hope they do though
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 86 (1,109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6416 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Let's see a Need For Speed: Most Wanted one. :smileyvery-happy:
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 86 (1,101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Most Wanted is definitely a game that I want. However I'm not planning on getting soon because of the other games that have come out but if I do end up getting it soon I'll make a review of it. 

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 86 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6416 posts

Nov 2, 2012
I plan on getting it too but it will have to wait after the bigger gaming releases.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 86 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Here is my Ragnarok Odyssey review from my blog. 

Ragnarok Odyssey Review

Want a  good Monster Hunter game for your PS Vita? Then Ragnarok Odyssey is for you. Not only is it a great alternative to Monster Hunter, but it’s also one of the best Vita games to date.

Gameplay
Ragnarok Odyssey is a fast-paced action rpg similar to Monster Hunter. There is almost no story at all in the game and most of the story is told through optional NPC dialogue. Ragnarok Odyssey is all about the gameplay. At the beginning of the game, you will create a character. There are 18 faces, 19 hairstyles and 16 voices that can be used for your character. You can chose from six unique job classes. The sword warrior is balanced, the assassin attacks quickly but does a low amount of damage, the cleric has healing powers, the hammersmith is the slowest but does the most damage, the mage uses several spells and the archer performs long-ranged attacks. You do not have to stick with just one class, about halfway through Chapter 2, you will have the ability to change your class. The game wastes no time and quickly gets you started on quests. There are several quests per chapter and each quest can be completed alone or with allies. All of the quests are linear and mostly involve killing monsters. Certain quests require you to find certain items but these items are usually obtained by defeating certain monsters.

Combat is satisfying and fast-paced. Each class has many combos and attacks. Regular attacks are used with the triangle button and advanced skills are used with the circle button. The square button is used to dash and evade enemy attacks. There is an AP meter that will drain while sprinting, jumping and dashing but it refills quickly. Also most classes can block by holding down the triangle and R buttons at the same time. Some attacks will send enemies flying back and you can hit enemies into the air, attack them in the air, then slam them back to the ground. The quests in Ragnarok Odyssey range from very easy to very hard. At certain points in quests, you will have to defeat multiple enemies at the same time. Also there are huge enemies with a lot of health that must be taken on as well. Playing solo in the game isn’t too hard but taking on giant enemies with multiple allies certainly helps, especially because the monster isn’t only attacking you, it’s going for your allies also. Enemies have the ability to send you flying and will gang up on you while making your character dizzy. Evading attacks by dashing and blocking certainly helps but at times it feels as if there is no way to completely avoid taking damage. Multiplayer works great and usually runs smoothly but occasionally the connection will lag.

The Vita’s touchscreen is used in Ragnarok Odyssey but thankfully its main use is to select items. As you can see in the images above there are three icons for different kinds of potions in the corner of the screen. Simply tap the icon at any time to use the item. Also there is a mode your character can enter when they deal enough damage called Danslief Mode. This mode only lasts a while and will cause your character to do massive amounts of damage and allows them to never stagger so when they are attacked, they don’t even flinch. However, failing to attack your enemy will result in your health slowly decreasing while in this mode. Danslief mode is definitely helpful at times but there are also times when it shouldn’t be used. This mode can be entered by simply tapping the icon on the screen.

See the icon for Danslief Mode? when it turns red, it can be used. The icon with the hands together on it expands when tapped and allows you to select several actions for your character such as clapping your hands, cheering, and dancing.

Sound/Graphics
Ragnarok Odyssey is currently one of the best looking PS Vita games. The art style looks nice and the audio and sound effects are also great.

Lasting Appeal
In Ragnarok Odyssey, there is no leveling system. All of your stats will be boosted a the end of each chapter. Characters can grow stronger by equipping cards that are collected from monsters. These cards grant health bonuses, attack bonuses, defense bonuses, and more. This system surprisingly works well but finding these cards can take a while. Also upgrading equipment involves a lot of waiting. The materials needed to craft or upgrade equipment sometimes require farming and the game doesn’t really tell where you should look to find certain materials. At certain times this game will feel a bit repetitive. Despite these complaints, Ragnarok Odyssey is still very fun and addicting. With the large amount of quests and customization items to find in the game, you can get tons of hours out of this game.

Closing Comments
Ragnarok Odyssey is one of the longest and best games on the Vita to date. Fans of action-rpgs such as Monster Hunter and God Eater will definitely love this game.

What I Liked
Great lasting appeal
Great gameplay
Great graphics

What I Hated
Sometimes repetitive

Scores
Gameplay: 9/10
Sound/Graphics: 9/10
Lasting Appeal: 9/10

Overall Score: 9/10

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 86 (1,029 Views)
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Nov 6, 2012
Thanks @xTurmoilZz
-----------------------------------------------------
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FIYZ7.jpg[/IMG]
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 86 (990 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Nov 6, 2012
Nice to see your review about RO. I really like this game but instead of 9, 8.5 seems fair to me.
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 86 (988 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I have both versions of NFS most wanted. I can only say in my opinion that both the PS3 and PS Vita versions are awesome. It kinda sucks that they don't offer cross play or cross buy though. Your speed points do transfer to each though, so any points progress you make in either version continues to the other. 

If you can only get one version though, I think you would be happy with either. Maybe even more so with the Vita version since you can take the game with you where ever you go.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 86 (885 Views)
0 Likes