Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Re: Vita Games Reviews Thread

Sep 1, 2012
Nice review, Disgaea was too Grind Depending for me :smileysad: but I'm sure someone will have fun playing it.
I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 86 (1,356 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 1, 2012
Great, I forgot about making them reviews, so anyway, I will work harder tomorrow, so in the mean time, please make use of the first pack of review we have :smileyhappy: and give me a kudos should you find review helpful, but please kudos the OP post :smileyhappy:
I love Adam Levine
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 86 (1,344 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

macy113 wrote:

Can you review Gravity Rush and Sound Shapes?

Unfortunately I don't have either game :smileysad:

Need you not worry my great MVP friend, I have every possible game to make my review with :smileyhappy:

I wish I could afford to have as many as you do :smileyhappy: Eventually I'll get Gravity Rush and Disgaea 3 but probably not until they drop to under $20.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 86 (1,342 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Sep 1, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:

Andy209 wrote:

KhoaISKira wrote:

Andy209 wrote:

KhoaISKira wrote:

Hello, Kaz is BACK :smileyhappy: !!! As requested by PapaWarlock, I will make a games reviews thread so that we could add it to the stickie list. So first you have to know a little something before we start posting:

1. This thread will be stickied and will be added to the top of the Forum so that new user and old user alike can view it anytime they want without the need to search for it in random pages.

I think the understanding was that this will be published in the PS Vita Topic Round Up, which is a stickied thread. Sorry, Kaz. :smileyindifferent:

Sorry too Andy, well I just don't know how to put it, but thank for your help friend :smileyhappy: yes, it will be posted on that topic as well as being stickied as well, PapaWarlock will assure of that for now :smileyhappy:

PapaWarlock doesn't have control of whether or not a thread gets stickied, only Mods do. :smileysurprised:

Btw, I'm having fun reading your reviews. Ha ha :robotvery-happy: (<<I'm a robot)

Glad you like it, hey I'm a cat :cattongue:, PapaWarlock actually have the power to do so, as an MVP, he can give suggestion whether a thread get stickied or not, and since this thread is helpful, no doubt, with his word, MOD will stickied it. Enjoy it, Andy, I will post more :smileyhappy:

Yeah all I can do at this time is make suggestions to the Mods. Sometimes they listen. Sometimes they don't. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 86 (1,340 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2012

Here is a review of Lumines that I recently made on my blog

Lumines: Electronic Symphony Review

Lumines: Electronic Symphony is one of the most addictive games on the Vita so far. Its even one of the best Lumines games and it brings great visuals, music, and some good minor changes to the gameplay. However it could use more content for its price tag.

Gameplay
Lumines is a puzzle game that may remind you of Tetris in which you must rotate falling blocks and match up four blocks or more of the same color to form a larger square. You can move these blocks by using the buttons or by using the touchscreen. The blocks don’t disappear until they are hit by a vertical line that moves across the screen at different speeds. The speed of the line depends on the music in the background. You lose when you run out of space to drop blocks into. If you have played any Lumines games before you will notice that the gameplay in Electronic Symphony is the same as the gameplay in other Lumines games. However Electronic Symphony does add some new features. There is a chain block that will clear blocks of the same color that are connected to each other. There is also a shuffle block that will randomize the color of each block. Also equipping avatars will give you different perks such as the ability to randomize the blocks when you want to. Avatars must be charged up before you can use them and tapping the back touch pad will charge them up faster.

There are a couple game modes in Electronic Symphony. Voyage is sort of a campaign mode. In it you will play through many levels (that are known as skins) that feature their own music and visual themes. The skins have a big impact on the gameplay. In one skin the vertical line may move quickly but the blocks fall faster making it easier for you to score higher combos but also making it easier to run out of space and lose because the slow line did not clear the blocks that you matched up in time. In another skin the vertical line may move quickly but the blocks will drop slowly. Clearing a skin in Voyage will unlock the skin in free play mode. This game also has a Master mode in which you must clear a certain amount of blocks without losing. There are five levels in Master mode. In timed modes you much clear as many blocks as you can within a short amount of time. There is also a duel mode in this game but unlike other Lumines games in Electronic Symphony you must use ad hoc to face an opponent. There are no AI opponents in Electronic Symphony. In duel mode the screen is divided in half by a vertical line at the start of the game, and it moves to the playing area of the player who is losing. Like single player mode, you lose when you have no more room to drop blocks anymore. In duel mode you can use the new abilities in the game to mess up your opponent. Duel mode is fun but it would be nice to have the ability to face an AI opponent or play online.

Sound/Graphics
Lumines: Electronic Symphony features some great electronic music. Even if your not a fan of this type of music, you will probably still enjoy the soundtrack. Each skin has its own music and visual themes. The visual themes look great and the graphics are great as well. This game looks great on the Vita’s OLED screen. Also for the first time ever in a Lumines game the blocks are rendered in 3D.

Lasting Appeal
Lumines: Electronic Symphony is addicting and fun. The scoreboards in the game will have you competing with your friends for the highest score. However the main problem I have with the game is the lasting appeal. There aren’t many game modes. The puzzle mode that is in other Lumines games is not in Electronic Symphony. Also in Voyage mode you play the same skins in the same order every time. Also Voyage mode is long and you can’t save your place when your ready to play something else. Instead you must start all of over when you play the game again. This annoying because you must play Voyage for a long amount of time to get a fairly high score. Master mode and timed modes don’t take long to complete at all. I also wish that I could play duel mode more but I rarely have a partner to play with over ad hoc. The game needs more content, especially because its priced at $40 (or $35.99 on the PSN). Also it only has 15 trophies to earn and no platinum so trophy hunters won’t have many trophies to earn.

Closing Comments
Lumines: Electronic Symphony is a great game. It is very addicting and fun but lacks content for its price. If you like puzzle games and music then you will love this game.

What I Liked
Addicting and fun gameplay
Great music
Great graphics

What I hated
Lacks content
Overpriced

Scores:
Gameplay: 8/10
Sound/Graphics: 9/10
Lasting Appeal: 7.5/10

Overall Score: 8/10

Photobucket
psvitaheaven.wordpress.com

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 86 (1,327 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 2, 2012
Nice review :smileyhappy:
I love Adam Levine
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 86 (1,320 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Sep 3, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:
Nice review, Disgaea was too Grind Depending for me :smileysad: but I'm sure someone will have fun playing it.

Send it me, I'll take it off your hands :smileyvery-happy:

I'm kidding. I"ll probably look for it this week. Need something long lasting to play. Almost done with Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden is nearly 3 months away still :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 86 (1,305 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11415 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

It is interesting how you guys are keeping some of your video game reviews in this thread.

With that being said, I might recommend creating an index for all of these reviews in the original post if this is the approach that you wish to take. If you do this (i.e. post direct links in the original post to each of these video game reviews) then it will make navigation easier for others.

On a related note, you always have the option of sticking images into spoilers if they are too large. :smileyhappy:   

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 86 (1,297 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Sep 15, 2012
Yeah, you should edit the first post of this thread and add in all of the reviews.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 86 (1,197 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Sep 19, 2012

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

The game begins and the player notices that it's adorable before anything else. If they watched the intro, they might be reminded of the awesome community or think it's clever. This is LittleBigPlanet at its heart.

LBPV-2012-08-31_Screenshot_JC_01_Logo-w1280.jpeg

Afterwards, I thought there were a few too many tutorials and spoon-fed levels. Difficulty is not a priority of the developers. Instead fun is emphasized. I noticed the art is displayed in high resolution. It isn't astounding. Playing with friends is engrossing and a party of 2 people may be optimal for all of the levels. Multiplayer is integrated without problems. Joining games is easy and the interface allows for a place to hang out and make faces if its what you would like to do.

This was my first LBP game and beyond charm and platforming, I did not expect anything. There is a surplus of content in the LBP Vita universe. A healthy portion of which is not the community's doing. Mini games and side levels provided some of my favorite moments. Some can be played competitively with one Vita. (eee) I expressed my disappointment about the lack of Vita local multiplayer in a forum recently.

20810LBPV-2012-06-06-Screenshot-09.jpeg

The reasons that LittleBigPlanet Vita is great extend beyond the reasons that Vita games are great as well as the reasons LittleBigPlanet PS3 titles are great. Tilt, touch, and the camera are utilized. Most of the time, their existence in LBP has positive effects on the game. The camera's quality remains shoddy but it's cool that players can create stickers with anything they take a picture of. Stickers can be placed in the majority of LBP locales. Heads look up and down as you tilt your Vita. Often, Sackboy's head bobbed spastically or became stuck looking down or up. I wish this feature could be disabled. Destroying the final boss via touch was terrifying and exciting.

The level editor has been further built upon. I haven't used it to the extent that creating a decent game entails. However, I can validate that it provides the tools to create like no other game I have seen does. Throughout the game, you collect prize bubbles which expand your the set of decorations, objects, and gizmos you have at your disposal in the level editor and for decorating your pod.

LittleBigPlanet-Vita-Screenshot_Create_02_Logo.png

There are a few other trivial flaws. Objects become pixellated when the camera zooms. Switching layers is sometimes clumsy. I'm glad that layers are present but it would have been nicer if they had been further polished. As mentioned above, the story feels casual. If you don't enjoy collecting, many levels aren't worth playing through more than once. The ending seemed bland because the story is clichéd. Creation is emphasized too heavily in cutscenes. That should have remained in the intro.

If you cannot afford LittleBigPlanet and don't mind a missing community feature, buy Escape Plan.

9.3/10

Favorite Trophies: Tired of Life (Die 20+ Times in a level), Pianist Pioneer (Play 'Do Re Mi' on the Piano in La Marionetta), and Double 11 (Play at 11:11)

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 86 (1,166 Views)