First Son
25 posts

Re: Vita Firmware 2.0 "Official" Discussion Thread.

Nov 20, 2012

Ya thanks alot code red, hotmail works great now appreciate it!!

Message 61 of 229 (734 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Well i knew there's always a SNAFU somewhere. Content Manager on Vita says it can't connect while PC says it's connected. And Wifi is not working either.

Oh well, such is the life of a beta consumer.

Message 62 of 229 (725 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Why are my messages that I'm sending through my vita now showing up in my received messages on my PS3 since update? So everytime I send a message to a friend on the vita I'm going to get that message I created sent to my received message folder on my PS3? So dumb. I get enough messages without having to go through all of mine as well. Hope they fix this.

Message 63 of 229 (725 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Nov 20, 2012

LOL, now the stupid content manager is telling me I can only connect one Vita at a time. Sony is such a joke.

Message 64 of 229 (722 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Nov 20, 2012

For me I am wondering like the other person on why there is no setting on when the autoupdate will start like on the PS3 where you pick the time for Autoupdate to start. Also the email client could use HTML support since most emails come in HTML format. So does any one know when the PS vita will autoupdate. Also why we cannot upload PSP game saves to the cloud, because I got got of war and gran turismo that I would like to upload games saves to the cloud.

Message 65 of 229 (719 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 20, 2012

OK. Resetted my access point. Unplugged my router. Rebooted the Vita. And WiFi is still pretty much nonexistant. I still can't even access the PlayStation Network, even though I have countless times before the firmware update.

Help me.

Message 66 of 229 (674 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Snakepl wrote:

For me I am wondering like the other person on why there is no setting on when the autoupdate will start like on the PS3 where you pick the time for Autoupdate to start. Also the email client could use HTML support since most emails come in HTML format. So does any one know when the PS vita will autoupdate. Also why we cannot upload PSP game saves to the cloud, because I got got of war and gran turismo that I would like to upload games saves to the cloud.

Reason is the PSV is meant to always be in standby mode(checking for updates whenever), thus not requiring PS+ start times. PS3 does not have a low power state so it must be turned on before it can check for updates or install them.

Message 67 of 229 (653 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Nov 20, 2012

sunK1D wrote:

Snakepl wrote:

Reason is the PSV is meant to always be in standby mode(checking for updates whenever), thus not requiring PS+ start times. PS3 does not have a low power state so it must be turned on before it can check for updates or install them.

what about psp/ps one save not allowed for upload to the cloud?

Message 68 of 229 (647 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I'm fine with that I just hope that if I read a message on the Vita it shows as read on teh PS3 as well.

IMCOOLERNYOU wrote:

Why are my messages that I'm sending through my vita now showing up in my received messages on my PS3 since update? So everytime I send a message to a friend on the vita I'm going to get that message I created sent to my received message folder on my PS3? So dumb. I get enough messages without having to go through all of mine as well. Hope they fix this.

Message 69 of 229 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Nov 20, 2012

theonecalledgsk wrote:

Also, does anyone have iCloud for their mail and have figured out a way to get it working in the Email app? No luck for me so far.

I set it up like how I did on my android phone and it downloaded two of my created save folders but would not get the inbox.  I'm willing to bet its a security issue with what protocols Apple requires for connection and the Vita can't do it.  On the android phone I have incoming set with SSL/TLS and outgoing as STARTTLS both accepting all certificates but for the Vita you can't set incoming for SSL/TLS.  It does SSL but the authentication I think is what is missing.

Message 70 of 229 (607 Views)
0 Likes