Apr 14 2013
By: CyberOcelot Lombax Warrior 122 posts

Vita - Facebook not working post-update?

4 replies 263 views Edited Apr 14, 2013

Hey guys,

Facebook hasn't been working for me for days. It just stayed loading my feed (which pretty much renders it useless). Finally, I decided to uninstall and reinstall the application on my Vita and it started working right away. Then, it notified me there was a new update available, and after going through with it, Facebook went right back to not loading the Newsfeed.

Is anyone else's Facebook application workling post-update?

Message 1 of 5 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
798 posts

Re: Vita - Facebook not working post-update?

Apr 14, 2013

no problems with my fb app, other than being slow.

Message 2 of 5 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 15, 2013

I'm having the same issue. I just see the loading bars getting big and small, big and small.... I'm going to try that out, but I guess it's an issue with the update.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 3 of 5 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I just see the loading bars getting big and small, big and small.... I'm going to try that out, but I guess it's an issue with the update.

Yeah... This is EXACTLY what I'm experiencing.

By the way, tried to uninstall and reinstall again, and now I didn't get a choice to download the update. It simply installed with it (I guess) and won't work. 

I'd complain about the Vita, but truth be told, Facebook sucked for a loooong time on my Android phone before finally working (barely). So, I'm inclined to put the blame on Facebook itself.

By the way, speed tests on my Vita confirm download speed at 22+ mbps. So, it certainly has nothing to do with my ISP or WiFi speed. 

Sony should really be testing updates for apps on the Vita more thoroughly. Honestly, it's very upsetting to see so few apps available, and find that some don't even function properly (ie: Waking Club)

Message 4 of 5 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Hey everyone, we have a message concerning the Facebook app. Click here for more information.

Message 5 of 5 (167 Views)
0 Likes