Mar 06 2012
By: Ryoko-Chan First Son 5 posts

Vita Connection Issues

4 replies 1949 views Edited Mar 6, 2012

I am having connection issues with my vita, I can not seam to connect it to my router, netgear n300 daul band modem router.

No matter what I try, I get the same error code (NW-3154-3) I have search for this code using the error code tool, but with my luck it was not listed.

I have emailed sony & got the repsonse of the usual, flight mode is off, wifi is on & this is how you connect guide, to which I have followed....just in case I was doing something wrong, but nothing, so was wondering if any1 other there has had the same issue or the same router & have solved my issue.

Would be greatful for any info regarding this problem.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: Vita Connection Issues

Mar 6, 2012

I know I have a netgear and it is dual band.  Not sure if it is the n300.  I have not had any connectivity issues, though.

Can you connect to anyone else's wifi, like Starbucks or something?

Message 2 of 5 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 6, 2012

I've managed to connect to my friends wifi, they were using a Thompson 454, so I used that connection to update the vita to the latest firmware

Message 3 of 5 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 14, 2012

I've have recently changed my router to the netgear wndr4000, but I'm still getting this connection issue. Sony help has finally said that that cant help, it might have something to do with the snot mail I sent them about getting told to do the same thing everytime.

So my problem is my vita won't connect to my router, when I do a test, it fails to obtain a ip. I am at a lost of wot to do, as it connects to a friends wireless just not mine

Message 4 of 5 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
5 posts

Mar 14, 2012

SOLVED- I finally found out what my issue was, It was NAT filtering setting under WAN option. It was set to "secured", so I tried changing it to "open" & it connected fine.

Message 5 of 5 (1,949 Views)
0 Likes