Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Re: Vita Burn in? Anyone actually HAD this happen?

Jan 27, 2013

I don't use generic chargers no (Nor is that relevant in any way to a screen burn in) Nor have i ever had Burn in happen to me on OLED or AMOLED screens i was just curious if anyone here did as i saw many claims of it over at PSvitaforums.

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
Vita 2000 (Slim) Black Borderlands 2 bundle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 11 of 19 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

I don't lack the ability i just don't troll the forums like some with false/useless information.  Chances are your not playing with the charger plugged IN, secondly burn in occurs (on screens where it's possible) from a still image sitting on the screen for extended periods of time...not from a non official charger LOL...Good lord Are you going to try to convince people next not to use Energizer batteries instead of Duracell as it may explode their remote controls?  It's about as logical as what you just said seeing as how Burn in as ZERO relation to the power source being used.  If your going to try to call someone out and be a **bleep** about it at LEAST try some factual information and not make yourself look like an uneducated buffoon on the matter.

P.S considering you JUST registered today i think you win Forum Troll of the day.

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
Vita 2000 (Slim) Black Borderlands 2 bundle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 12 of 19 (584 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

To answer OPs question correctly, burn-ins are possible on any device with screens of this nature. Take a phone for an example since majority of them are using it. My last phone started to have burn-ins, but not from still images on the screen for constant time. Its from an area of the screen being bright for a long period of time. I had very noticeable dark boxes forming in the screen because of texting. Although it was always on/off and constant moving between different apps, since I used texting the most it was starting to burn-in the areas that were always lit up constantly from the texts. Best fix I would know of is keeping the screen brightness turned down. Do I think it will happen on the vita? No. Things are constantly moving and changing it doesn't stay bright enough in spots to make burn-ins if you use the vita normally.

Message 13 of 19 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I agree,that with auto dimming and sleep mode being available it would be rare/very rare on a Vita unit.

Is there any truth to the statement I've heard here or on another forum that a future update coming from Sony will allow you the option of bypassing the auto off and dimming we now have?By the way,I find the features a bit annoying at times during my last 8 months of owning my Vita,Sony! Smiley Frustrated The option might be nice to truly have available,you know.Having to tap my screen regularly to brighten it up is a PAIN IN THE A$$ for me.Yes,I agree this could cause screen burn in issues,but I'll take the chance seeing how I don't leave the screen on 24/7/365 anyway,just in sleep mode while it isn't being played or DLing stuff off PSN/SEN or watching movies .Smiley LOL

Spoiler

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. Smiley Happy

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 19 (517 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Sony hasn't made any statements I know of concerning screen blanking options.

I would rather see an option to stay connected to WiFi for longer lengths of time to allow Party app chats to not disconnect or time out as quickly as they do. This way the screen could be dark but the voice chat could continue. Right now it just stops and you don't know if you are still talking to someone.
PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 15 of 19 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
12 posts

Jan 28, 2013
One thing that happens with my Vita is that whenever I'm playing with Brightness at 100% in a dark room, like Playing Gravity Rush before going to sleep Smiley Tongue
What happens to me is that during the black loading screen I can notice that my screen is blurred with a lot of grey bloats. I don't know if that's what the OP was referring to or if this happens to anyone else.
I'll try to get a pic of if when I get home later and post it here to give you guys a better idea if you didn't get it.
Message 16 of 19 (455 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9193 posts

Jan 28, 2013

alesshido wrote:
One thing that happens with my Vita is that whenever I'm playing with Brightness at 100% in a dark room, like Playing Gravity Rush before going to sleep Smiley Tongue
What happens to me is that during the black loading screen I can notice that my screen is blurred with a lot of grey bloats. I don't know if that's what the OP was referring to or if this happens to anyone else.
I'll try to get a pic of if when I get home later and post it here to give you guys a better idea if you didn't get it.

That is Normal, it's not a burn in.

Message 17 of 19 (454 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I'm not sure if it helps much, but I typically leave my brightness far below the maximum.  The level where I have it is still brighter than PSP's screen at its brightest.

No burn-ins here.

Message 18 of 19 (422 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

@alesshido: That's the "mura effect" they mentioned earlier.

Message 19 of 19 (421 Views)