This is from that website and this is pretty much what you stated in your post:
(here is the link -----------> http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=3744 )
How do I turn off my PS Vita when it is stuck or frozen on a screen, menu, or in an app?
If your system freezes, try the following:
Turn off the system
- Press and hold the power button for 2 seconds to turn off the system. If the system still does not respond, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or until the screen turns off.
- After the system is off for at least one minute, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to turn your system back on.
- If the system does not turn off no matter how long you hold the power button, leave it idle for a few hours. After the screen goes off, re-charge the system and try to turn it on again.
Update the system software/ firmware
- Update the system's software/ firmware to make sure you are running the most current version. Updates will become available as improvements to the software are made.
- For information on updating the software through Wi-Fi, click here.
- For information on updating the software by connecting to the PlayStation 3, click here.
- For information on updating the software by connecting to the PC, click here.
Safe Mode Options
- Enter Safe Mode and select option 2, "Rebuild Database". Click here to learn how to enter Safe Mode.
- If that does not work, go in to Safe Mode and try option 4, "Restore the PS Vita System".
Still Doesn't Work
If it doesn't turn back on or freezes in the same manner, please click here for service information.
I understand you Googling it and yes the Forum will come up.
Like I said...bookmark the Knowledge center.
Anytime you have a problem, click on the bookmark.
All you have to do is enter you problem into the search and it will give you different options (clues what to do).
I'm pretty sure Sony's knowledge center is a much better and safer way to try to fix your hardware, then listening to someone on the web that may or may not have a good (right) answer.
You may find something that someone says to do that could ruin your system.
So if you feel comfortable listening to what anyone says on how to fix your issue, then do what you want.
I'll keep going to Sony's Knowledge center for accurate answers.
Bud, I'm not upset. But unfortunately, when you Google anything about a Vita problem, you are directed here. That's why this page has 115 views in 2 hours. For whatever reason, Google directs people here. And when you are directed here, it doesn't say : See Sony's Knowledge Article. So I simply created this, so that when someone searches their issue in Google, something worthwhile comes up. That's why I tagged the subject line all crazy with keywords. To help uninformed Vita users like myself find a solution that seems overwhelming, but is easily fixed. Thank you for your contributions.
Yes understand and like I mentioned...just trying to assist.
I've seen so much on the internet that is absolute garbage.
Some people have followed these posts and bricked their systems and then come back onto the Blog or Forum and tell Sony their hardware is s***.....and they want their money back.
Well, in my opinion...you don't follow what the manufacturer says, you pay the price.
Take care man....Hope you enjoy the Vita...
I'm not bashing you, and your post clarified nothing for no one. Turning off my Vita was impossible, sir. The touch screen was dead. I see your option two, and that's what this post is about. Nowhere else that I searched in this forum, showed to hold down the power button for 30 seconds to force it into safe mode. That's why I created this post. Thank you SO much for clarifying how to do this with pretty options and 1,2,3 instructions so the retarded people that play Vita can read it better. And thanks for putting your homoerotic advertisement on it too. Nice touch. And I stated that I have A power button (to the right of the left trigger) - giving the location, again, for the *******.
Well i didn't realize you are so intellegent that the numbered pretty instuctions were not needed. Your very well thought and worded topic had me fooled. I thought you were some kind of moron. Now that I re-read it I don't know what I was thinking.
Don't kid yourself pal. Thats something a schizophrenic with tourettes would try to write. And sinceyou have stated that even mighty goolge had bested you in your attempts at finding a resolution. You are an idiot kiddo. Sorry. Just how the cards were delt. And for the homoerotic comment, I guess if you where a tank top you are gay now. Or was it my gas mask? or the fat chronic buds i put in there? I sure wish i was able to get my hands on you. I put a pic of myself on there because I am an MMA fighter out of Las Vegas and exposure is everything. Too bad I can't put you to sleep, I don't hit children, especially children with obvious development issues or what ever is wrong with you...
Way to go CaptCRunCHberry!!! Soon we will try for actual sentances!!!