Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 26 2012
By: CaptCRunCHberry First Son 7 posts

Vita Broken Frozen Wont Turn On No Screen Blank Dropped Drop Dead

17 replies 2449 views Edited Apr 26, 2012

I dropped my Vita.  Bummer, right.  Wasn't sure what to do.  The screen was unresponsive to touch for a little bit, then it wouldn't turn on at all.  I couldn't get it to turn on no matter how long I held down the power button (by the left trigger).  I was sad.    Then I held down the power button (to the right of the left trigger) for a very, very, very, long time.  A blue screen came up.  It's not dead !!!!!!!! I was happy   From this screen I was able to select "System Restore" (or whatever these Japanese people call it).  It restored my Vita to the factory settings, and It is running as usual.  All the important stuff (apps and games and such) are stored on my memory card so I didn't lose much.  I found no good searchable article in this database for this issue, so here one is.  Hope somebody gets helped out.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (2,449 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Re: Vita Broken Frozen Wont Turn On No Screen Blank Dropped Drop Dead

Apr 26, 2012

CaptCRunCHberry wrote:

I dropped my Vita.  Bummer, right.  Wasn't sure what to do.  The screen was unresponsive to touch for a little bit, then it wouldn't turn on at all.  I couldn't get it to turn on no matter how long I held down the power button (by the left trigger).  I was sad.    Then I held down the power button (to the right of the left trigger) for a very, very, very, long time.  A blue screen came up.  It's not dead !!!!!!!! I was happy   From this screen I was able to select "System Restore" (or whatever these Japanese people call it).  It restored my Vita to the factory settings, and It is running as usual.  All the important stuff (apps and games and such) are stored on my memory card so I didn't lose much.  I found no good searchable article in this database for this issue, so here one is.  Hope somebody gets helped out.

To access the "Safe Boot Mode" that you are refering too is a way to recover from nearly all system crashes, failures, and other glitches/bugs resulting in a frozen or "dead" console. There are 2 ways of accessing the "safe boot":

1.) With the PS Vita in the off state(not sleep mode but truly turn off and powered down) simultaniously press and hold the PS button, Main Power button, R trigger for 5 seconds. This will cause the unit to show PS start logo at which point you can release the buttons. Then youy will enter the "safe boot" menu.

2.) If the PS Vita is on or stuck on like during a frozen system issue you can also press and hold the main power button for 30 seconds which will force a reboot into the "safe boot" menu.

This is what options the "Safe Boot" menu offers:

1. Restart the PS Vita System

2. Rebuild Database

3. Format Memory Card

4. Restore th PS Vita System

5. Update System Software

*You must use the PS Vita system's buttons to operate this menu.

x  Enter

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (2,449 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 26, 2012

Did you even read this ?  I know what a system restore is.  I held those three buttons down forever and it did nothing LoL.  Whatever you are copying and pasting from is wrong.  I held down only the power button forever and got to "Restore the PS Vita System".

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (2,449 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Apr 26, 2012

Yes I read this and this was not a copy and paste. I was just trying to clarify what the safe boot is and how to access it for anyone else who was stuck. And for that matter did you even read what I wrote? Option 2 clearly states that holding power button ONLY for 30 seconds will start safe boot.

and since you want to bash me please explain where you got a Vita with 2 power buttons?

" I couldn't get it to turn on no matter how long I held down the power button (by the left trigger). I was sad. Then I held down the power button (to the right of the left trigger) "

I was giving your post a little bit more clarity pal. Take a chill pill, or a nap or something. Better yet take deep breaths and count to 10, or just to 5 twice if 10 is too much for ya...

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (2,449 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Apr 26, 2012

I held those three buttons down forever and it did nothing LoL. Whatever you are copying and pasting from is wrong

By the way, turn off your Vita then hold those three for 5 seconds and tell me safe boot didn't start

And more than just people from Japan call it System Restore

You are able to access a similar "safe boot" mode on the PS3 by starting with a PS3 with the power off and front light red. Now press and hold the main power button on the front of the PS3 and do not release. There will be a beep, then a second beep, finally a third beep. On the third beep release the power button and the unit will still be off with light on the front red. Again press and hold the power and again you will get a beep, then a second beep, followed by a third beep. on the third beep you again will release the power but this time you will be promted to connect your controller via the usb cord then press the ps button and "safe boot" will begin. The PS3 options and PS Vita options are not the same, but both are very similar.

*also as a side note, during the second time you press and hold the power button the second and third beeps will come right after one another. This is normal and even though the other beeps were all timed apart about the same, the last two are very close to each other but count as 2 seperate beeps and if power is released after the third beep you will enter "safe boot"

As I said this is not something I copied and pasted, but from memory. I am a computer tech/graphic artist and have extensive experience with nearly all of the "next gen" game consoles as well as most modern electronic devices

David Icke
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (2,449 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Apr 26, 2012

Not sure how you were looking, but there is all kinds of information for this and many other issues on Sony's site.

Here are the Vita error codes site:

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=3831

Here is the Knowledge center (you just enter what you are looking for and it will come back with several items:

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=3831

Your item above is well documented and others have used it previously.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (2,449 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Apr 27, 2012

Or U could just RTFM

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (2,449 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 27, 2012

I'm not bashing you, and your post clarified nothing for no one.  Turning off my Vita was impossible, sir.  The touch screen was dead.  I see your option two, and that's what this post is about.  Nowhere else that I searched in this forum, showed to hold down the power button for 30 seconds to force it into safe mode.  That's why I created this post.  Thank you SO much for clarifying how to do this with pretty options and 1,2,3 instructions so the retarded people that play Vita can read it better.  And thanks for putting your homoerotic advertisement on it too.  Nice touch.  And I stated that I have A power button (to the right of the left trigger) - giving the location, again, for the retards. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (2,449 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Apr 27, 2012

(I'm not trying to say this forum item isn't good...but Sony has already answered this question and several others on how to fix problems).

So there's really no need to post again in the forums.

There is a Knowledge center at Sony's website that will help you with any issue, be it on the Vita, PS3, PSP, etc.

You just have to take some time to find and read what you want.

Click on this link below and you'll see it....save it on your browser for future issues (in case you may have any at a later date).

Sony has worked very hard to set this up for users and it seems everyone likes to bash them for not documenting things properly when the same people don't take enough time to read the item and figure it out.

(My Vita had an issue the first week where the screen went black and nothing, absolutely nothing worked......I went to the knowledge center as it's helped with my PS3 issues and the answer was there from day 1 when the Vita came out).

http://us.playstation.com/support/index.htm

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (2,449 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 27, 2012

The only reason I posted it here, is because I Google searched the issue.  This forum is the first that that come up in a Google search, which is how many people resolve issues.  I love Playstation.  Best platform available.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (2,449 Views)
0 Likes